Parental Guidance Strongly Advised: Another View of the 20th Century's First Half: "The Greatest Story Never Told" (Parts 1 thru 16)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2013

      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: Paul Andrew Mitchell, B.A., M.S.
      Sent: Thursday, January 3, 2013 7:30 PM
      Subject: Parental Guidance Strongly Advised: Another View of the 20th Century's First Half: "The Greatest Story Never Told" (Parts 1 thru 16)

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TERKermWgIg

      My Fellow Americans,

      Although no documentary of such sweeping scale and intense videography
      can ever claim to recite every single historical fact with total perfection,
      I urge you to watch every segment of this brave film -- from beginning to end.

      Try as I did, I was unable to stop weeping at several different points.

      I know much about the American assault on the Japanese island of
      Iwo Jima, because my father was in the first wave of U.S. Marines;
      but that part of the film seems so insignificant against the
      utterly massive amounts of horror, suffering and widespread destruction
      which are so plainly and painfully visible, and so accurately narrated in this film.

      From a very young age, I made a solemn commitment to the Most High
      that I would struggle to live a full life without ever taking another human life,
      and so far I have been blessed with success in that quest.

      What causes me more pain than anything else is the close proximity
      in time during which these horrific events occurred:  even though
      I was born in June 1948, this documentary was able to transport
      me through time -- as if to experience every scene in real-time.

      I can only hope and pray that the Most High and Living God
      will spare our fragile planet from ever suffering this much
      ever again.

      If there are beings from other planets who most likely
      observed the first half of our 20th Century with equal horror,
      I now have no doubt that they are using everything in their vast
      powers to prevent such devastating violence from ever reaching
      any other place in the known Universe.