Private Attorney General's COMMENTS Re: Do States Actually Have the Right to Secede? Ben Swann looks at the >30 petitions on WH blog We The People

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 14, 2012

      From: Paul Andrew Mitchell
      Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:40 AM
      Subject:
      Private Attorney General's COMMENTS
      Re:
      Do States Actually Have the Right to Secede?
      Ben Swann looks at the >30 petitions on WH blog We The People

      http://intel--blacklisted-activist-post-news.blogspot.com/2012/11/do-states-actually-have-right-to-secede.html

      He correctly cites the Tenth Amendment:

      http://www.supremelaw.org/ref/whuscons/whuscons.htm#10th-amend

      AMENDMENT X.

      The  powers   not  delegated   to  the   United  States   by  the
      Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to
      the States respectively, or to the people.

      (1) I do NOT find any authority delegated to the United States
      (Federal government) to PREVENT a State from seceding from the Union;
      on the contrary, warring upon the several States is TREASON; and,

      (2) I do NOT find any prohibition PREVENTING any of the 50 States
      from seceding from the Union.

      I invite comments on the latter 2 observations of mine.

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 14, 2012

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 14, 2012