Re: Visit BREAKING ALL THE RULES http://batr.org First time post and DON'T know WHY I'm here!LOL

  • buddiebuddiee
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 16, 2003
      Steven...What you saying is that Media's role right now is to DUMB
      DOWN the peons. I also see that so-called journalists like CNN's
      Amanpour is trying to redeem herself in the eyes of the public now
      that Bush's War with Iraq is coming to light as being a fraud.

      Amanpour claims INTIMIDATION???HELLO???? A TRUE journalist -- they
      NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER ..EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER get
      intimidated by ANYONE and ESPECIALLY a MORON in the White House. She
      and others are JUST SALESPEOPLE and NOTHING more...Ok..ok...Besides
      being WHORES.

      Buddie

      --- In oldright@yahoogroups.com, Steven Laib <slaib@e...> wrote:
      > When I was young I was of the understanding that a reporter was
      supposed
      > to be like Jack Webb's
      > Joe Friday. They were supposed to be interested in "the facts"
      passing
      > them on to the public and
      > leaving opinion and commentary to the editorial pages. That
      changed
      > somewhere along the way.
      >
      > I believe that the trend became significant during the 1950's and
      > accelerated with the reportage of the
      > Vietnam war and the civil rights movement. One way or another the
      > reporters ceased to be objective
      > and began injecting themselves into the events.
      >
      > Now the press seems to think that it has the job of molding public
      > opinion and telling people what to
      > believe. The public is either incapable or thinking for itself, or
      > should not be allowed to do so for
      > fear of what might happen if they had an uncontrolled thought.
      >
      > Steve Laib
      >
      > buddiebuddiee wrote:
      >

      > > You are ALL intellectuals here with many Doctor/ed degrees ;) and
      > > some BSers here...no? ;)
      > >
      > > My MAJOR beef is with the MAINSTREAM MEDIA..
      > >
      > > What is the MAIN job of a reporter/journalist? Anyone here care to
      > > enlighten me?
      > >
      > > TIA
      > >
      > > Buddie
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.3897168.5135684.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17
      05060375:HM/A=1706996/R=0/SIG=11p5b9ris/*http://www.ediets.com/start.c
      fm?code=30509&media=atkins>

      Service
      > > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.
    • Steven Laib
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 16, 2003
        What I am saying is that the majority of the "mainstream" media have assumed the mantle
        of dumbing down the masses, or at least converting them to the "politically correct" way
        of looking at the world.

        Whether or not the Iraq war was or is a fraud is another matter entirely, and is a major
        opinion matter.  Reporters in that theater should not be discussing right or wrong.  They
        should deal with "just the facts."

        Did you hear what Laura Ingraham had to say about Amanpour?  BTW, I understand that
        Amanpour was subjected to an administrative reprimand by CNN for her comments.

        Steve Laib