Maine Governor Paul LePage calls IRS the 'new Gestapo'

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2012

      From: Paul Andrew Mitchell
      Sent: Monday, July 9, 2012 7:40 PM
      Subject: Maine Governor Paul LePage calls IRS the 'new Gestapo'

      Why, I think they're catching on.  I THINK THEY'RE FINALLY CATCHING ON!!

      http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Governor-says-IRS-new-gestapo-in-radio-address.html

      LePage calls IRS the 'new Gestapo'

      The governor uses his radio address to attack President Obama's Affordable Care Act.

      By Steve Mistler smistler@...
      Staff Writer

      Gov. Paul LePage used his weekly radio address to blast President Obama's health care law and described the Internal Revenue Service as the "new Gestapo."

      The IRS description was a reference to a provision in the Affordable Care Act that requires Americans not insured by their employers or Medicaid to buy health insurance or pay an annual penalty when filing their tax returns.

      The provision, known more broadly as the individual mandate, was the subject of a multi-state lawsuit, but was recently upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court.

      LePage said the court decision has "made America less free."

      "We the people have been told there is no choice," he said.

      "You must buy health insurance or pay the new Gestapo -- the IRS."