Neoconservative Bobby Jindal is Weak on Immigration

  • Thomas Jefferson
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 12, 2008
      Fwd:

      Post this to your blogs

      Below are two very important articles.

      --------Forwarded Message--------

      Re: Neoconservative Bobby Jindal is Weak on Immigration

      Neocon Bobby Jindal - and I use the word ‘neoconservative’ because it is the neoconservatives who provide him with so much free press - has gained much attention as of late, especially since the GOP has taken up the strategy that it no longer wants to put forward European Americans (i.e. whites) for the position of president of the U.S. Is the GOP now endorsing an affirmative-action policy for whom it will support?

      Although much could be said of his globalist positions (such as “humanitarian” interventionism, free trade, etc.) I’d like to focus on immigration because of some misconceptions.  It’s true; he has been moderately tough on immigration from Mexico.  On the other hand, he supports massive increases in immigration from India — so much so that someone recently joked that we should call him Bobby “Camp of the Saints” Jindal.

      Look at these two votes from his Congressional days:

      2005:  "Rep. Jindal voted against the Tancredo Amendment to H.R. 2862, the Science, State, Justice, Commerce (SSJC), and Related Agencies Appropriations Act of 2006. The Tancredo Amendment would have prohibited the use of SSJC funds to include in any bilateral or multilateral trade agreement any provisions that would increase immigration. This effectively would have prevented the U.S. Trade Representative from including immigration increases in Free Trade Agreements (as occured with the Sinagpore and Chile Free Trade Agreements, for instance). The Tancredo Amendment failed by a vote of 106 to 322."

      2006:  "Co-sponsored H.R. 793, exempting from the annual cap aliens granted an H-2B visa within three years prior to approval of an H-2B petition, thus potentially TRIPLING the number of H-2B workers in the United States at any one time."

      Is this the “conservative”  I want representing me?  No thanks.

      http://conservativetimes.org/?p=2445