Freedom of speech - use it or lose it

  • John Perna
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2006
      Freedom of speech - use it or lose it

      When they took away the 4th Amendment,
      we were quiet,
      because we didn't deal drugs.

      When they took away the 6th Amendment,
      we were quiet,
      because we were innocent.

      When they took away the 2nd Amendment,
      we were quiet,
      because we don't own guns.

      Now they have taking away the 1st Amendment,
      and very soon,
      if we continue to be quiet,
      we will have no choice,
      but to be continue to be quiet.

      Amendment I - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression.
      Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances