another attack on the right to free speech

  • Mogsmum@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 2:05 AM
      -----
      'JEWS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THE WARS'

      Jews push for 'hate crime'
      probe of renowned actor

      Jewish groups call for hate-crime probe on Mel Gibson

      By CRAIG HOWIE

      The Scotsman  Sunday, 30 July 2006

      LOS ANGELES

      Jewish groups have demanded Mel Gibson be
      investigated for hate crimes after the Hollywood star allegedly made
      anti-Semitic comments to US police officers when he was stopped on
      suspicion of drunk-driving and speeding.

      Gibson's reported criticism of Jews, contained in a leaked police report
      detailing his arrest early on Friday morning, included the phrase:
      "[Expletive] Jews. The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world."

      He has since apologized for his actions, saying they were "despicable",
      but community Jewish leaders called for Gibson to be ostracized from
      Hollywood, where the A-list actor is considered an industry powerbroker.

      Calling for a criminal investigation into the Oscar-winning actor and
      director's remarks, Abraham Foxman, the national director of the U.S.
      Jewish Anti-Defamation League, said: "We believe there should be
      consequences to bigots and bigotry."

      Gibson, 50, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence
      after deputies clocked his Lexus sports car speeding at 87 mph in a
      45-mph zone at 2:36 a.m. on Friday in Malibu, sheriff's spokesman Steve
      Whitmore said.

      The actor was later found to have a blood-alcohol ratio of 0.12. The legal
      limit in California is 0.08, according to the police records.

      After Gibson was pulled over, a bizarre melee ensued that apparently
      involved Gibson trying to escape, his alleged propositioning of an arresting
      officer with lurid, explicit suggestions and claims that, while handcuffed
      in the back of a police car, Gibson threatened a deputy, saying he "owns
      Malibu" and will spend all of his money to "get even" with the officer.

      Jews angered over The Passion of the Christ

      He also allegedly asked an arresting officer if he was Jewish.

      Gibson was taken to a police station in Malibu, where he allegedly
      threatened an officer, smashed a pay phone and attempted to urinate
      in a cell.

      He was released after about five hours in custody, on $6,600 (£3,550) bail.
      Police will decide this week whether to charge him.

      Controversy now surrounds the police report into the incident, with claims
      emerging that it was rewritten because senior officers considered it to be
      "too inflammatory" and feared that it could incite a lot of "Jewish hatred".

      Gibson has in the past angered Jewish groups over his portrayal of the role
      of the Jews in the crucifixion of Jesus in his largely self-funded movie,
      The Passion of the Christ, which went on to take $611 million (£328 million)
      at the box office.

      Now, many in the industry are asking how Gibson can reconcile his comments
      with his position as one of Hollywood's most powerful players.

      Nikki Finke, a columnist for LA Weekly and prominent chronicler of Hollywood,
      pointed out the "the overwhelmingly negative response" among Jewish
      audiences to The Passion of the Christ.

      Top Hollywood executives pledge blacklist of Gibson

      She also said several top Jewish executives have pledged privately never
      again to work with Gibson as a result.

      However, Ms. Finke said that in his daily schedule Gibson "works closely with
      many Jewish VIPs at talent agencies, law firms, and at the studio."

      But she questioned whether a factual TV mini-series about the Holocaust
      that Gibson announced he was developing late last year would now be "too
      hot to handle".

      Gibson, a Christian fundamentalist, has in past refused to criticize his father,
      Hutton, who has been labeled a Holocaust denier over comments claiming
      the Holocaust was "mostly" fiction.

      The Australian actor has released an apology for his actions.

      "After drinking alcohol on Thursday night, I did a number of things that were
      very wrong and for which I am ashamed," he said.

      "I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested, and
      said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable.

      "I am deeply ashamed of everything I said.
      "I have battled with the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and
      profoundly regret my horrific relapse."

      http://news.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=1107012006

      MORAL:  (a) If you're going to bear witness to the truth,
      don't get drunk and act foolishly; and (b) never apologize
      for telling the truth.

      The Jews don't care about the goyim getting drunk
      and behaving foolishly.  But they do care about them
      stumbling into the truth!