Idea: Use RFID-NAIS Against 'THEM' in AMBUSH! / Disaster Survival Thoughts

  • Larry Lawson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2006
      To be cut from more mai lings just email me back at this address                                                 hitech2@...
      Since Yahoo ID's are sometimes DELETED,  USE ABOVE EMAIL ADDRESS TO CORRESPOND

      When you know 'they' are coming... BAKE THEM A CAKE!!

      Many of the scumbags setting up the fascist police state are inbread MORONS like Bush Jr.  They don't have the candlepower to light up a two watt light bulb.  As Mark Koernke said: "We've got the thinkers and they've got the STINKERS."

      This was demonstrated shortly into the 2nd Iraq war when R.F.I.D. type tracking 'discs' were stolen by the 'freedom fighters' there (called insurgents by the NAZI invading PROPAGANDISTS).  These discs were used to TARGET enemy fighters and installations for bombings.  The enemy simply put them inside AMERICAN targets and the dutiful Air Farce bombed our OWN people with friendly fire.

      The same thing can and SHOULD be done with the emerging N.A.I.S. (National Animal Identification System) R.F.I.D. (Radio Frequency Identification) tags being put into FARM ANIMALS.  The stated PROPAGANDA purpose for this is to stop diseases from traveling.  THAT IS A LIE!  Their real purpose is to collect and DESTROY THE FOOD SUPPLY!  Just as the globalists did in Britain with militarized 'Hoof and Mouth' disease that soldiers spread, then killed MILLIONS of farm animals AFTER making sure the farmers had their guns removed.

      Here in this country a FALSE bunch of phony preachers is being trained to use a warped view of Romans 13 to tell farmers NOT TO FIGHT when this is done HERE!

      B A L O N E Y  !!!

      Prepare to KILL THESE BASTARDS EN MASSE!!!

      Many of the troops that will do this WILL BE FOREIGNERS!!!

      There are many more of US than there are of 'them.'

      This is a deliberate ATTACK on our nation and people and we need to understand this and RESPOND accordingly!

      Therefore....  like the brave 'insurgents' of Iraq... we need to use their stupid 'toys' AGAINST THEM and make them work FOR us!

      I suggest the following:

      Many chickens are now being reported as being chipped at BIRTH just as it's being suggested HUMAN BABIES should be.
      These R.F.I.D. chips can be used to setup an AMBUSH for the 'Homeland' boys!

      Since it's unlikely we can obtain just the chips themselves, I'm suggesting chipped CHICKS for this method.
      You have two options.  LIVE 'bait' or dead carcasses.  This might seem cruel to some, but let's be clear about what I'm suggesting here.  THIS IS WAR!  Not everybody has the means to support feeding and caring for chickens.
      But I believe the RFID chips would still draw the goons in even if the chips were in dead chick carcases planted in a pre-determined area for AMBUSH.  This could be as simple as readying fuel for a dump to be ignited, to a firefight ambush to BOOBYTRAPS!  BE CREATIVE!

      I suggest chicks because they are CHEAP!  I plan on taking mine to a vet to scan for RFID.
      If positive, they will be assigned BLACK leg bands to mark them.
      When the time comes, they can then be used as 'bait.'

      I'm NOT going to play their damned games THEIR WAY!

      I'm suggesting that you do LIKEWISE!  The fewer we can make of 'THEM' the fewer there will be to harass others.

      And if you need some inspiration for doing this, consider the past:

      "And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling in terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? [...] The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!" —Alexander Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Arch ipelago (Chapter 1 "Arrest")

      Fear is being used against U.S. people.

      But fear can work BOTH WAYS!  Most of these scum ARE COWARDS!

      Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 6:33 PM
      Subject: Plans To Microchip Every Newborn In US And Europe Underway

      With ever increasing confirmation of this absolute evil, is it not time for the citizens to awaken from their comfort zone slumber, to become aware of their leaders' nefarious plans, who do not have their best interests at heart, and become active to stop it?  P.

      Plans To Microchip Every
      Newborn In US
      And Europe
      Underway - Former Chief
      Medical Officer Of Finland

      By Greg Szymanski
      5-11-6

              Are you ready for a total elimination of privacy and a robotizing of
      mankind, as well as an invasion of every thought going through your head?

              Are you prepared to live in a world in which every newborn baby is
      micro-chipped? And finally are you ready to have your every move tracked,
      recorded and placed in Big Brother's data bank?

              Although it seems impossible, plans are well underway to control
      every move and thought of the American population once the New World Order
      ends it period of extended violence, a stage of takeover the country is now
      experiencing.

              And since there is very little written in the compliant U.S. media,
      a story that appeared in the Finnish-language journal, Spekula, tells
      Americans just how close we are to entering the totalitarian New World
      Order.

              According to the Finnish article, distributed to doctors and medical
      students, time is running out for changing the direction of military
      medicine and mind control technology, ensuring the future of human freedom.

              "Yet the technology exists to create a totalitarian New World
      Order," said Rauni-Leena Luukanen-Kilde, MD, a former chief medical officer
      of Finland. "Covert neurological communication systems are in place to
      counteract independent thinking and to control social and political activity
      on behalf of self-serving private and military interests.

              "When our brain functions are already connected to supercomputers by
      means of radio implants and microchips, it will be too late for protest.
      This threat can be defeated only by educating the public, using available
      literature on biotelemetry and information exchanged at international
      congresses."

              In her article, entitled Microchip Implants, Mind Control, and
      Cybernetics, Dr. Kilde claims the U.S. is the main culprit behind the covert
      use of electronic equipment and weaponry, saying "one reason this technology
      has remained a state secret is the widespread prestige of the psychiatric
      Diagnostic Statistical Manual IV produced by the U.S. American Psychiatric
      Association (APA) printed in 18 languages.

              "Psychiatrists working for U.S. intelligence agencies no doubt
      participated in writing and revising this manual. This psychiatric "bible"
      covers up the secret development of MC technologies by labeling some of
      their effects as symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia."

              Dr. Kilde added the media has remained "hush hush" about the true
      intent and purpose behind micro-chipping, saying the perfect cyber soldier
      can be created with sophisticated equipment and weaponry being used in
      certain NATO countries since the 1980's.

              Listen as Dr. Kilde explains the sinister nature behind the
      government's use of electronic weaponry as a political means of control:

              For more informative articles, go to www.arcticbeacon.com

      This Site Served by TheHostPros
      Shortcut to: http://www.rense.com/general71/under.htm

      U.S. Border Watch
      6046 F.M. 2920 suite 401
      Spring,Tx 77389
      1-800-759-0948
      www.usborderwatch.com

      BORDER SECURITY IS NATIONAL SECURITY

      ACTION ALERT

      The President has asked for air time Monday night to pitch his amnesty
      program. We have contacted Rep. Tom Tancredo to get him to ask for
      equal time to rebut this amnesty plan, and to finally give an
      alternative view of the illegal immigration plan in the Senate.
      Now we need everyone’s help. We need everyone to contact Rep
      Tancredo’s office and ask them to pass on the message that we want an
      alternative view presented in this debate. We are tired of only one
      sides views being heard on this subject. The more people to contact
      him the more he realizes this is a great idea. Below is a link to his
      email and his phone numbers. I need everyone to email and to call.
      Let’s get this ball rolling so we have a debate that represents both
      sides of this issue.

      Thanks

      Congressman Tom Tancredo Contact Form
      http://tancredo.house.gov/contact/contact_contacttom.shtml

      D.C. Office – 202-225-7882
      District Office – 720-283-9772

      US Congressional Switchboard Toll-free Numbers

      1-800-833-6354
      1-866-340-9281
      1-877-762-8762
      1-866-808-0065
      1-888-355-3588
      1-866-220-0044

      Bush Motorcade Aims Assault Rifles At Protesters In Florida
      Eyewitnesses are reporting that during Bush's recent visit to Florida, protesters were shocked to see security goons and secret service aiming assault rifles at them hanging out of the window of the passing motorcade.

      POLICE STATE
      Rifle pointed at protesters

      http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/5/12/8012/38216

      Updated: Rifle pointed at protesters in Florida during Bush visit
      by Susan S
      Fri May 12, 2006 at 05:00:12 AM PDT

      Unfortunately, I was out-of-town on Tuesday when Bush visited with
      senior citizens in Sun City, Florida, but several of my friends
      arranged a protest.  Forgive me if I missed a previous diary on this.
       I am just now catching up and I'm appalled.  Below the fold are some
      first-hand (and very scary) reports from the event:

          * Susan S's diary :: ::
      *

      Narrative re: Bush's visit to SCC on May 9, 2006 from Barbara
      Nicholson

      We stood with about 50 others on rte 674 and when the motorcade came
      by there was assault rifle OUT the window pointing at ALL of us and
      the cars all looked like I remember seeing in the Hitler motorcades
      in the movies when I was a child, all boxy and black and one had the
      Pres seal and American flag on the sides. It was absolutely chilling!
       I worked the inner city for 15 years with gangs and even with kids
      and families of the Bloods and Crips and have never had an assault
      rifle pointed my way. In my 75 years I have seen many Pres motorcades
      and shook many pres hands and seen many pres elects and their
      entourage but never anything like this with the motorcycles, big
      black cars and rifles were just the very last straw. It wasn't the
      rifle that was scary it was knowing that this madman is so insecure
      and scared and psychotic that this is how he must travel.
      AARRRRRGH!
      USA, Banana Republic for sure.   Then to know our tax money paid for
      this photo op and for the fundraising luncheon at the Renaissance
      Club is truly the icing on the cake which will kill us all. Very
      depressing to say the least.

      >From an intern for Congressional candidate John Russell (FL-5):
      Here is my full story, with everything correct. As you know I am
      interning with John Russell, a candidate in District 5 running
      against Ginny Brown-Waite. We went to the protest to make sure bush
      heard about the problems with Medicare Part D. As the President drove
      by John was delivering his message to the President, who was looking
      at us out the window. I don't remember if it was before or after the
      President's car, but inside on of the black suv's was a man holding,
      what looked to be, an automatic rifle out the window. It was pointed
      at the protesters. I am glad to hear that the people on the other
      side of the street saw this too
      . Those of us on the corner I was on
      couldn't believe that this had occurred, and John proceeded to tell
      President Bush as he got out of the motorcade, 'how dare you point a
      weapon at civil protesters' among other things.
      It was a very
      interesting day for me, being the first time I have ever seen the
      President, and the first time I have been directly threatened by the
      President.
      hopefully this helps in lining up the stories. Please send
      this out to everyone, and keep the talk growing. I want to know if
      this is standard operating procedure for the Bush motorcade, or a one
      time thing.

      ~Nic Zateslo
      Intern for John Russell, Candidate for Congress District 5

      And from Kossack boofdah:
      Mary, Nic, and I were there as well; and yes, it went down exactly as
      Barbara and John have said below.
      I don't think I've ever felt such a
      sense of foreboding in my life as when I saw that automatic rifle
      pointed at us, peaceful protesters.

      At the time September 11th happened, I worked at a military base near
      where I used to live before we moved to FL. Immediately after 9/11,
      our base was at Threatcon D, meaning that the military personnel
      guarding our base had to be armed. Yeah, I saw sharp-shooters and
      automatic rifles; but I took some kind of comfort in the notion that
      these measures were meant for the "bad guys
      ."

      On Tuesday, the message that the sniper hanging out the window with
      his automatic weapon had for us was that we peacefully-protesting
      Americans were the "bad guys."
      And that thought alone gave me the
      chills. More details from another protester attending the event on
      Tuesday Please,please,please get this right. The weapon was not fully
      sticking out the window in a pointed position towards any of us. It
      was how ever raised up and the person holding it had right hand in
      trigger position it was in the direction of our group. It was indeed
      an assault rifle and the man in the car was dressed full swat. I
      covered television news so I have seen these SWAT members before. I
      was the first in our group to see it so I want to make sure this is
      clear. It still was an amazing sight and scarey too! Thanks, Mary

      Tags: Bush, protest, Florida, Recommended (all tags)

      View Comments | 316 comments

      He Who Demands Your Rights
      Aims To Take Your Security
      http://vetzine.blogspot.com
      Subscribe to VetZine Elist
      vetzine_publishers@...

      FLU SHOTS AND THE NEW ADJUVANTS: BEWARE!

      Dr. Sherri Tenpenny, DO
      May 1, 2006
      NewsWithViews.com
      Vaccination of “every man, woman and child” has been in the planning for at least the last several years. The current concept, originated by former Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary, Tommy Thompson,[1] is being advanced by his successor, Mike Leavitt.[2] Of course, Thompson envisioned mass vaccination using the smallpox vaccine. But times have changed, and the flu shot now appears to be the instrument of choice for those pursuing the universal vaccination agenda.
      http://www.newswithviews.com/Tenpenny/sherri6.htm

      Thoughts On Disaster Survival
      PLEASE COPY THIS AND PASS IT ON TO ALL YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS. THIS INFO
      CAN SAVE YOUR LIVES. DON'T THINK SOMEONE IS GOING TO SAVE YOU WHEN THE NEXT
      DISASTER STRIKES. DON'T BET YOUR LIFE ON THAT FANTASY!

      The follow information was provided via several emails by a friend heavily
      involved in the New Orleans disaster of hurricane Katrina.  I highly
      recommend that you read it and pay attention to the lessons therein.

      First Post

      I've had over 30 people staying with me since Sunday, evacuating from New
      Orleans and points south in anticipation of Hurricane Katrina. Only two
      families were my friends they told other friends of theirs that they knew a
      place where they could hole up, and so a whole bunch arrived here! I didn't
      mind, because there were six RV's and travel trailers, so we had enough
      accommodation. However, I've had the opportunity to see what worked - and
      what didn't - in their evacuation plans and bug-out kits, and I thought a
      few "lessons learned" might be appropriate to share here.

      1. Have a bug-out kit ready at all times. Many of these folks packed at the
      last minute, grabbing whatever they thought they'd need. Needless to say,
      they forgot some important things (prescription medications, important
      documents, baby formula, diapers, etc.).
      Some of these things (e.g.
      prescriptions) obviously can't be stocked up against possible emergency
      need, but you can at least have a list in your bug-out kit of what to grab
      at the last minute before you leave!

      2. Renew supplies in your bug-out kit on a regular basis. Batteries lose
      their charge. Foods have an expiration date. So do common medications.
      Clothes can get moldy or dirty unless properly stored. All of these problems
      were found with the folks who kept backup or bug-out supplies on hand, and
      caused difficulties for them.

      3. Plan on needing a LOT more supplies than you think. I found myself with
      over 30 people on hand, many of whom were not well supplied and the stores
      were swamped with literally thousands of refugees, buying up everything in
      sight. I had enough supplies to keep myself going for 30 days. Guess what?
      Those supplies ended up keeping 30-odd people going for two days. I now know
      that I must plan on providing for not just myself, but others in need
      . I
      could have been selfish and said "No, these are mine" - but what good would
      that do in a real disaster? Someone would just try to take them, and then
      we'd have all the resulting unpleasantness. Far better to have extra
      supplies to share with others, whilst keeping your own core reserve intact
      (and, preferably, hidden from prying eyes!).

      4. In a real emergency, forget about last-minute purchases. As I said
      earlier, the stores were swamped by thousands of refugees, as well as locals
      buying up last-minute supplies. If I hadn't had my emergency supplies
      already in store, I would never have been able to buy them at the last
      minute. If I'd had to hit the road, the situation would have been even
      worse, as I'd be part of a stream of thousands of refugees, most of whom
      would be buying (or stealing) what they needed before I got to the store.

      5. Make sure your vehicle will carry your essential supplies. Some of the
      folks who arrived at my place had tried to load up their cars with a
      humongous amount of stuff, only to find that they didn't have space for
      themselves! Pets are a particular problem here, as they have to have air and
      light, and can't be crammed into odd corners. If you have to carry a lot of
      supplies and a number of people, invest in a small luggage trailer or
      something similar (or a small travel trailer with space for your goodies) -
      it'll pay dividends if the S really does HTF.

      6. A big bug-out vehicle can be a handicap. Some of the folks arrived here
      with big pick-ups or SUV's, towing equally large travel trailers. Guess
      what? - on some evacuation routes, these huge combinations could not
      navigate corners very well, and/or were so difficult to turn that they ran
      into things (including other vehicles, which were NOT about to make way in
      the stress of an evacuation!).
      This led to hard feelings, harsh words, and
      at least one fist-fight. It's not a bad idea to have smaller, more
      maneuverable vehicles, and a smaller travel trailer, so that one can
      "squeeze through" in a tight traffic situation. Another point a big SUV or
      pickup burns a lot of fuel. This is bad news when there's no fuel available!
      (See point 10 below.)

      7. Make sure you have a bug-out place handy. I was fortunate in having
      enough ground (about 1.8 acres) to provide parking for all these RV's and
      trailers, and to accommodate 11 small children in my living-room so that the
      adults could get some sleep on Sunday night, after many hours on the road in
      very heavy, slow-moving traffic. However, if I hadn't had space, I would
      have unhesitatingly told the extra families to find somewhere else - and
      there wasn't anywhere else here, that night. Even shops like Wal-Mart and
      K-Mart had trailers and RV's backed up in their parking lots (which annoyed
      the heck out of shoppers trying to make last-minute purchases). Even on my
      property, I had no trailer sewage connections, so I had to tell the
      occupants that if they used their onboard toilets and showers, they had to
      drive their RV's and trailers somewhere else to empty their waste tanks. If
      they hadn't left this morning, they would have joined long, long lines to do
      this at local trailer parks (some of which were so overloaded by visiting
      trailers and RV's that they refused to allow passers-by to use their dumping
      facilities).

      8. Provide entertainment for younger children. Some of these families had
      young children (ranging from 3 months to 11 years). They had DVD's, video
      games, etc. - but no power available in their trailers to show them! They
      had no coloring books, toys, etc. to keep the kids occupied. This was a bad
      mistake.

      9. Pack essentials first, then luxuries. Many of these folks had packed
      mattresses off beds, comforters, cushions, bathrobes, etc. As a result,
      their vehicles were grossly overloaded, but often lacked real essentials
      like candles, non-perishable foods, etc. One family (both parents are
      gourmet cooks) packed eighteen (yes, EIGHTEEN!!!) special pots and pans,
      which they were going to use on a two-burner camp stove... They were
      horrified by my suggestion that under the circumstances, a nested
      stainless-steel camping cookware set would be rather more practical. "What?
      No omelet pan?" Sheesh...

      10. Don't plan on fuel being available en route. A number of my visitors had
      real problems finding gas to fill up on the road. With thousands of vehicles
      jammed nose-to-tail on four lanes of interstate, an awful lot of vehicles
      needed gas. By the time you got to a gas station, you were highly likely to
      find it sold out - or charging exorbitant prices
      , because the owners knew
      you didn't have any choice but to pay what they asked. Much better to leave
      with a full tank of gas, and enough in spare containers to fill up on the
      road, if you have to, in order to reach your destination.

      11. Have enough money with you for at least two weeks. Many of those who
      arrived here had very little in cash, relying on check-books and credit
      cards to fund their purchases. Guess what? Their small banks down in South
      Louisiana were all off-line, and their balances, credit authorizations, etc.
      could not be checked - so many shops refused to accept their checks, and
      insisted on electronic verification before accepting their credit cards.
      Local banks also refused (initially) to cash checks for them, since they
      couldn't check the status of their accounts on-line. Eventually (and very
      grudgingly) local banks began allowing them to cash checks for not more than
      $50-$100, depending on the bank. Fortunately, I have a reasonable amount of
      cash available at all times, so I was able to help some of them. I'm now
      going to increase my cash on hand, I think... Another thing - don't bring
      only large bills. Many gas stations, convenience stores, etc. won't accept
      anything larger than a $20 bill. Some of my guests had plenty of $100 bills,
      but couldn't buy anything.

      12. Don't be sure that a disaster will be short-term. My friends have left
      now, heading south to Baton Rouge. They want to be closer to home for
      whenever they're allowed to return. Unfortunately for them, the Governor has
      just announced the mandatory, complete evacuation of New Orleans, and
      there's no word on when they will be allowed back. It will certainly be
      several weeks, and it might be several months. During that period, what they
      have with them - essential documents, clothing, etc. - is all they have.
      They'll have to find new doctors to renew prescriptions; find a place to
      live (a FEMA trailer if they're lucky - thousands of families will be lining
      up for these trailers); some way to earn a living (their jobs are gone with
      New Orleans, and I don't see their employers paying them for not working
      when the employers aren't making money either); and so on.

      13. Don't rely on government-run shelters if at all possible. Your weapons
      WILL be confiscated (yes, including pocket-knives, kitchen knives, and
      Leatherman-type tools)
      ; you will be crowded into close proximity with anyone
      and everyone (including some nice folks, but also including drug addicts,
      released convicts, gang types, and so on); you will be under the authority
      of the people running the shelter, who WILL call on law enforcement and
      military personnel to keep order (including stopping you leaving if you want
      to); and so on.
      Much, much better to have a place to go to, a plan to get
      there, and the supplies you need to do so on your own.

      14. Warn your friends not to bring others with them!!! I had told two
      friends to bring themselves and their families to my home. They, unknown to
      me, told half-a-dozen other families to come too - "He's a good guy, I'm
      sure he won't mind!" Well, I did mind... but since the circumstances weren't
      personally dangerous, I allowed them all to hang around. However, if things
      had been worse, I would have been very nasty indeed to their friends (and
      even nastier to them, for inviting others without clearing it with me
      first!).
      If you are a place of refuge for your friends, make sure they know
      that this applies to them ONLY, not their other friends
      . Similarly, if you
      have someone willing to offer you refuge, don't presume on his/her
      hospitality by arriving with others unforewarned.

      15. Have account numbers, contact addresses and telephone numbers for all
      important persons and institutions. My friends will now have to get new
      postal addresses, and will have to notify others of this their doctors,
      insurance companies (medical, personal, vehicle and property), bank(s),
      credit card issuer(s), utility supplier(s), telephone supplier(s), etc.
      Basically, anyone who sends you bills, or to whom you owe money, or who
      might owe you money. None of my friends brought all this information with
      them. Now, when they need to change postal addresses for correspondence,
      insurance claims, etc., how can they do this when they don't know their
      account numbers, what number to call, who and where to write, etc.?

      16. Have portable weapons and ammo ready to hand. Only two of my friends
      were armed, and one of them had only a handgun. The other had a handgun for
      himself, another for his wife, a shotgun, and an evil black rifle - MUCH
      better! I was asked by some of the other families, who'd seen TV reports of
      looting back in New Orleans, to lend them firearms. I refused, as they'd
      never handled guns before, and thus would have been more of a danger to
      themselves and other innocent persons than to looters
      . If they'd stayed a
      couple of days, so that I could teach them the basics, that would have been
      different but they wouldn't, so I didn't. Another thing - you don't have to
      take your entire arsenal along. Firearms for personal defense come first,
      then firearms for life support through hunting (and don't forget the
      skinning knife!). A fishing outfit might not be a bad idea either (you can
      shoot bait! ). Other than that, leave the rest of your guns in the safe (you
      do have a gun safe, securely bolted to the floor, don't you?), and the bulk
      ammo supplies too. Bring enough ammo to keep you secure, but no more. If you
      really need bulk supplies of guns and ammo, they should be waiting for you
      at your bug-out location, not occupying space (and taking up a heck of a lot
      of weight!) in your vehicle. (For those bugging out in my direction, ammo
      supply will NOT be a problem... )

      Second Post

      Here are some more ideas.

      1. Route selection is very, very important. My friends (and their friends)
      basically looked at the map, found the shortest route to me (I-10 to Baton
      Rouge and Lafayette, then up I-49 to Alexandria), and followed it slavishly.
      This was a VERY bad idea, as something over half-a-million other folks had
      the same route in mind...
      Some of them took over twelve hours for what is
      usually a four-hour journey. If they'd used their heads, they would have
      seen (and heard, from radio reports) that going North up I-55 to Mississippi
      would have been much faster. There was less traffic on this route, and they
      could have turned left and hit Natchez, MS, and then cut across LA on Route
      84.

      This would have taken them no more than five or six hours, even with the
      heavier evacuation traffic. Lesson think outside the box, and don't assume
      that the shortest route on the map in terms of distance will also be the
      shortest route in terms of time.

      2. The social implications of a disaster situation.  Feedback from my
      contacts in the LSP and other agencies is very worrying. They keep harping
      on the fact that the "underclass" that's doing all the looting is almost
      exclusively Black and inner-city in composition. The remarks they're
      reporting include such statements as "I'm ENTITLED to this stuff!", "This is
      payback time for all Whitey's done to us", and "This is reparations for
      slavery!". Also, they're blaming the present confused disaster-relief
      situation on racism "Fo sho, if Whitey wuz sittin' here in tha Dome waitin'
      for help, no way would he be waitin' like we is!" No, I'm not making up
      these comments... they are as reported by my buddies. This worries me very
      much. If we have such a divide in consciousness among our city residents,
      then when we hit a SHTF situation, we're likely to be accused of racism,
      paternalism, oppression, and all sorts of other crimes just because we want
      to preserve law and order. If we, as individuals and families, provide for
      our own needs in emergency, and won't share with others (whether they're of
      another race or not) because we don't have enough to go round, we're likely
      to be accused of racism rather than pragmatism, and taking things from us
      can (and probably will) be justified as "Whitey getting his just desserts".
      I'm absolutely not a racist, but the racial implications of the present
      situation are of great concern to me. The likes of Jesse Jackson, Al
      Sharpton, and the "reparations for slavery" brigade appear to have so
      polarized inner-city opinion that these folks are (IMHO) no longer capable
      of rational thought concerning such issues as looting, disaster relief, etc.

      3. Implications for security. If one has successfully negotiated the danger
      zone, one will be in an environment filled, to a greater or lesser extent,
      with other evacuees. How many of them will have provided for their needs?
      How many of them will rely on obtaining from others the things they need? In
      the absence of immediate State or relief-agency assistance, how many of them
      will feel "entitled" to obtain these necessities any way they have to, up to
      and including looting, murder and mayhem? Large gathering-places for
      refugees suddenly look rather less desirable... and being on one's own, or
      in an isolated spot with one's family, also looks less secure. One has to
      sleep sometime, and while one sleeps, one is vulnerable. Even one's spouse
      and children might not be enough... there are always going to be
      vulnerabilities. One can hardly remain consciously in Condition Yellow while
      bathing children, or making love! A team approach might be a viable solution
      here - see point 6 below.

      4. Too many chiefs, not enough Indians" in New Orleans at the moment. The
      mayor has already blown his top about the levee breach: he claims that he
      had a plan in place to fix it by yesterday evening, but was overruled by
      Baton Rouge, who sent in others to do something different. This may or may
      not be true... My LSP buddies tell me that they're getting conflicting
      assignments and/or requests from different organizations and individuals.
      One will send out a group to check a particular area for survivors but when
      they get there, they find no-one, and later learn that another group has
      already checked and cleared the area. Unfortunately, in the absence of
      centralized command and control, the information is not being shared amongst
      all recovery teams. Also, there's alleged to be conflict between City
      officials and State functionaries, with both sides claiming to be "running
      things" and some individuals in the Red Cross, FEMA, and other groups appear
      to be refusing to take instructions from either side, instead (it's claimed)
      wanting to run their own shows. This is allegedly producing catastrophic
      confusion and duplication of effort, and may even be making the loss of life
      worse,
      in that some areas in need of rescuers aren't getting them. (I don't
      know if the same problems are occurring in Mississippi and/or Alabama, but I
      wouldn't be surprised if they were.) All of this is unofficial and
      off-the-record, but it doesn't surprise me to hear it. Moral of the story if
      you want to survive, don't rely on the government or any government agency
      (or private relief organization, for that matter) to save you. Your survival
      is in your own hands - don't drop it!

      5. Long-term vision.  This appears to be sadly lacking at present. Everyone
      is focused on the immediate, short-term objective of rescuing survivors.
      However, there are monumental problems looming, that need immediate
      attention, but don't seem to be getting it right now. For example: the Port
      of Louisiana is the fifth-largest in the world, and vital to the economy,
      but the Coast Guard is saying (on TV) that they won't be able to get it up
      and running for three to six months, because their primary focus is on
      search and rescue, and thereafter, disaster relief. Why isn't the Coast
      Guard pulled off that job now, and put to work right away on something this
      critical? There are enough Navy, Marine and Air Force units available now to
      take over rescue missions.

      Another example there are over a million refugees from the Greater New
      Orleans area floating around. They need accommodation and food, sure but
      most of them are now unemployed, and won't have any income at all for the
      next six to twelve months. There aren't nearly enough jobs available in this
      area to absorb this workforce.
      What is being done to find work for them,
      even in states remote from the problem areas? The Government for sure won't
      provide enough for them in emergency aid to be able to pay their bills. What
      about mortgages on properties that are now underwater? The occupants both
      can't and won't pay; the mortgage holders will demand payment; and we could
      end up with massive foreclosures on property that is worthless, leaving a
      lot of folks neck-deep in debt and without homes (even damaged ones). What
      is being done to plan for this, and alleviate the problem as much as
      possible? I would have thought that the State government would have had at
      least the skeleton of an emergency plan for these sorts of things, and that
      FEMA would have the same, but this doesn't seem to be the case. Why weren't
      these things considered in the leisurely days pre-disaster, instead of
      erupting as immediate and unanswered needs post-disaster?

      6. Personal emergency planning. This leads me to consider my own emergency
      planning. I've planned to cover an evacuation need, and could probably
      survive with relative ease for between two weeks and one month but what if I
      had been caught up in this mess? What would I do about earning a living,
      paying mortgages, etc.? If I can't rely on the State, I for darn sure had
      better be able to rely on myself! I certainly need to re-examine my
      insurance policies, to ensure that if disaster strikes, my mortgage, major
      loans, etc. will be paid off (or that I will receive enough money to do this
      myself). I also need to provide for my physical security, and must ensure
      that I have supplies, skills and knowledge that will be "marketable" in
      exchange for hard currency in a post-disaster situation. The idea of a
      "team" of friends with (or to) whom to bug out, survive, etc. is looking
      better and better. Some of the team could take on the task of keeping a home
      maintained (even a camp-type facility), looking after kids, providing base
      security, etc. Others could be foraging for supplies, trading, etc. Still
      others could be earning a living for the whole team with their skills. In
      this way, we'd all contribute to our mutual survival and security in the
      medium to long term. Life might be a lot less comfortable than prior to the
      disaster, but hey - we'd still have a life! This bears thinking about, and I
      might just have to start building "team relationships" with nearby Ravens!

      7. The "bank problem." This bears consideration. I was at my bank this
      morning, depositing checks I'd been given by my visitors in exchange for
      cash. The teller warned me bluntly that it might be weeks before these
      checks could be credited to my account, as there was no way to clear them
      with their issuing banks, which were now under water and/or without
      communications facilities
      . He also told me that there had been an endless
      stream of folks trying to cash checks on South Louisiana banks, without
      success. He warned me that some of these local banks will almost certainly
      fail, as they don't have a single branch above water, and the customers and
      businesses they served are also gone - so checks drawn on them will
      eventually prove worthless. Even some major regional banks had run their
      Louisiana "hub" out of New Orleans, and now couldn't access their records. I
      think it might be a good idea to have a "bug-out bank account" with a
      national bank, so that funds should be available anywhere they have a
      branch, rather than keeping all one's money in a single bank (particularly a
      local one) or credit union. This is, of course, over and above one's
      "bug-out stash" of ready cash.

      8. Helping one's friends is likely to prove expensive. I estimate that I'm
      out over $1,000 at the moment, partly from having all my supplies consumed,
      and partly from making cash available to friends who couldn't cash their
      checks. I may or may not get some of this back in due course. I don't mind
      it - if I were in a similar fix, I hope I could lean on my friends for help
      in the same way, after all! - but I hadn't made allowance for it. I shall
      have to do so in future, as well as planning to contribute to costs incurred
      by those who offer me hospitality under similar circumstances.

      Third Post

      Over the course of today I've heard back from several of our field reps who
      were in the hurricane-damaged areas from Wednesday through Sunday, and have
      also picked up on after-action reports from my contacts in the Louisiana
      State Police, and, through them, some from the Mississippi State Police.
      This e-mail summarizes experiences and lessons learned.

      1. People who were prepared were frequently mobbed/threatened by those who
      weren't.
      This was reported in at least seven incidents, five in Mississippi,
      two in Louisiana (I suspect that the relative lack of Louisiana incidents
      was because most of those with any sense got out of Dodge before the storm
      hit). In each case, the person/family concerned had made preparations for
      disaster, with supplies, shelter, etc. in good order and ready to go.
      Several had generators ready and waiting. However, their neighbors who had
      not prepared all came running after the disaster, wanting food, water and
      shelter from them. When the prepared families refused, on the grounds that
      they had very little, and that only enough for themselves, there were many
      incidents of aggression, attempted assault, and theft of their supplies
      .
      Some had to use weapons to deter attack, and in some cases, shots were
      fired.
      I understand that in two incidents, attackers/would-be thieves were
      shot. It's also reported that in all of these cases, the prepared families
      now face threats of retribution from their neighbors, who regarded their
      refusal to share as an act of selfishness and/or aggression, and are now
      threatening retaliation.
      It's reportedly so bad that most of the prepared
      families are considering moving to other neighborhoods so as to start
      afresh, with different neighbors.

      Similar incidents are reported by families who got out in time, prepared to
      spend several days on their own. When they stopped to eat a picnic meal at a
      rest stop, or an isolated spot along the highway, they report being
      approached rather aggressively by others wanting food, or fuel, or other
      essentials. Sometimes they had to be rather aggressive in their turn to
      deter these insistent requests. Two families report attempts being made to
      steal their belongings (in one case, their vehicle) while over-nighting in
      camp stops on their way out of the area. They both instituted armed patrols,
      with one or more family members patrolling while the others slept, to
      prevent this
      . Seems to me to be a good argument to form a "bug-out team"
      with like-minded, security-conscious friends in your area, so that all
      concerned can provide mutual security and back-up.

      My take I can understand these families being unwilling to share the little
      they had, particularly in light of not knowing when supplies would once
      again be available. However, this reinforces the point I made in my "lessons
      learned" post last week plan on needing much more in the way of supplies
      than you initially thought! If these families had had some extra food and
      water in stock, and hidden their main reserve where it would not be seen,
      they could have given out some help to their neighbors and preserved good
      relations. Also, a generator, under such circumstances, is a noisy (and
      bright, if powering your interior lights) invitation saying "This house has
      supplies - come and get them". I suspect that kerosene lanterns, candles and
      flashlights might be a more "community-safe" option if one is surrounded by
      survivors.

      2. When help gets there, you may get it whether you like it or not. There
      are numerous reports of aggressive, overbearing behavior by those rescuers
      who first arrived at disaster scenes. It's perhaps best described as "I'm
      here to rescue you - I'm in charge - do as I say - if you don't I'll shoot
      you".
      It appears that mid-level State functionaries and Red Cross personnel
      (the latter without the "shoot you" aspect, of course) were complained about
      most often. In one incident, a family who had prepared and survived quite
      well were ordered, not invited, to get onto a truck, with only the clothes
      on their backs. When they objected, they were threatened.
      They had pets, and
      wanted to know what would happen to them and they report that a uniformed
      man (agency unknown) began pointing his rifle at the pets with the words
      "I'll fix that". The husband then trained his own shotgun on the man and
      explained to him, in words of approximately one syllable, what was going to
      happen to him if he fired a shot.
      The whole "rescuer" group then left,
      threatening dire consequences for the family (including threats to come back
      once they'd evacuated and torch their home).
      The family were able to make
      contact with a State Police patrol and report the incident, and are now
      determined that no matter how much pressure is applied, they will not
      evacuate. They've set up a "shuttle run" so that every few days, two of them
      go upstate to collect supplies for the rest of the family, who defend the
      homestead in the meantime.

      Another aspect of this is that self-sufficient, responsible families were
      often regarded almost with suspicion by rescuers. The latter seemed to
      believe that if you'd come through the disaster better than your neighbors,
      it could only have been because you stole what you needed, or somehow gained
      some sort of unfair advantage over the "average victims" in your area. I'm
      at a loss to explain this, but it's probably worth keeping in mind.

      3. There seems to be a cumulative psychological effect upon survivors. This
      is clear even - or perhaps particularly - in those who were prepared for a
      disaster. During and immediately after the disaster, these folks were at
      their best, dealing with damage, setting up alternative accommodation,
      light, food sources, etc
      . However, after a few days in the heat and debris
      (perhaps worst of all being the smell of dead bodies nearby), many found
      their ability to remain positive and "upbeat" being strained to the limit.
      There are numerous reports of individuals becoming depressed, morose and
      withdrawn. This seemed to happen to even the strongest personalities. The
      arrival of rescuers provided a temporary boost, but once evacuated, a sort
      of "after-action shell-shock" seems to be commonly experienced. I don't know
      enough about this to comment further, but I suspect that staying in place
      has a lot to do with it - there is no challenge to keep moving, find one's
      survival needs, and care for the group, and one is surrounded by vivid
      reminders of the devastation. By staying among the ruins of one's former
      life, one may be exposing oneself to a greater risk of psychological
      deterioration. Do other List members have any experience of, or theories
      about, this problem?

      4. There is widespread frustration over the lack of communication and
      empathy by rescuers and local/State government. This is partly due to the
      absence of electricity, so that TV's were not available to follow events as
      they unfolded but it's also due to an almost deliberate policy of
      non-communication by rescuers
      .
      There are many accounts of evacuees wanting
      to know where the bus or plane was going that they were about to board, only
      to be told "We don't know", or "To a better place than this". Some have
      found themselves many States away from their homes.
      Other families were
      arbitrarily separated upon rescue and/or evacuation, and are still scattered
      across two or three States
      . Their efforts to locate each other are very
      difficult, and when they request to be reunited at a common location, all of
      those with whom I have contact report a blanket refusal by the Red Cross and
      State officials to even consider the matter at this time. They're being
      informed that it will be "looked into" at some future date, and that they
      may have to pay the costs involved if they want to join up again. This, to
      families who are now destitute! I'm very angry about this, but it's so
      widespread a problem that I don't know what can be done about it. I hope
      that in future, some means will be implemented to prevent it happening
      again. Lesson learned never, EVER allow yourselves to be separated as a
      family, even if it means waiting for later rescue and/or evacuation. Insist
      on this at all costs!

      5. Expect rescuers (including law enforcement) to enforce a distinctly
      un-Constitutional authority in a disaster situation
      . This is very widely
      reported, and is very troubling. I hear repeated reports from numerous
      States that as evacuees arrive at refugee centers, they and their belongings
      are searched without Constitutional authority, and any personal belongings
      seen as potentially suspicious (including firearms, prescription medication,
      etc.) are confiscated without recourse to the owner
      . I can understand the
      point of view of the receiving authorities, but they are acting illegally,
      and I suspect there will be lawsuits coming from this practice. Another
      common practice reported on the ground in the disaster areas is for people
      to be ordered to evacuate, irrespective of their needs and wishes - even
      those folks who were well-prepared and have survived in good shape. If they
      demur, they are often threatened and bullied in an attempt to make them
      abandon their homes, pets, etc
      . Lesson learned in a disaster, don't expect
      legal and Constitutional norms to be followed. If you can make it on your
      own, do so, without relying on an unsympathetic and occasionally overbearing
      rescue system to control you and your destiny.

      6. Don't believe that rescuers are all knights in shining armor who will
      respect your property. There have been numerous reports of rescuers casually
      appropriating small items that took their fancy in houses they were
      searching.
      Sometimes this was blatant, right in front of onlookers, and when
      protests were made, the response was either threatening, or a casual "Who's
      going to miss it now?".
      Some of our field agents report that this happened
      right in front of their eyes. Another aspect of this is damage caused to
      buildings by rescuers. I've had reports of them kicking in the front door to
      a house, or a window, instead of trying to obtain access with as little
      damage as possible; climbing on clean, highly-polished tables with hobnailed
      boots in order to get at an attic hatch to check for survivors; etc. When
      they left the house, often the door or window was left open, almost a
      standing invitation to looters, instead of being closed and/or secured. When
      the families concerned get home, they won't know who caused this damage, but
      they will certainly be angered by it. I think that if one evacuates one's
      home, it might be a good idea to leave a clearly-visible notice that all
      residents have evacuated, so as to let would-be rescuers know that this
      house is empty. On the other hand, this might make it easier for looters, so
      what you gain on the swings, you lose on the round-abouts...

      Fourth Post

      This will be about broader issues than just bug-out or threat situations.
      Over the past couple of weeks, I've been watching closely as the whole
      evacuation and rescue drama has played out, and have been very active in the
      relief process, learning all I can for future reference. There are some
      broader issues that might not come to mind at first thought, but which are
      directly relevant to our own safety, security, and peaceful possession of
      our homes. Some of these have been mentioned in earlier e-mails, but they
      bear repeating in the light of the number of incidents of which I've heard.

      1. If you choose to help, you may be sucked into a bureaucratic and legal
      nightmare. Example: a local church in the beginning stages of the crisis
      offered its hall to house evacuees. Local and State officials promptly
      filled it up with over 100 people. Their "social skills" proved extremely
      difficult to live with... toilets were blocked, restrooms left filthy,
      graffiti were scrawled and/or carved on the walls, arguments and disputes
      were frequent (often escalating to screaming matches, sometimes to physical
      violence), evacuees roamed the neighborhood (leading to all sorts of reports
      of petty theft, vandalism, etc.), church workers were subject to aggressive
      begging and demands, etc. Requests to the authorities to provide better
      security, administrative assistance, etc. apparently fell on deaf ears - the
      crisis was so widespread and overwhelming that a small facility such as this
      seems to have been very low on the priority checklist. After two days of
      this, with complaints from the neighbors becoming more and more insistent,
      the church informed local officials that it wanted the evacuees removed at
      once, if not sooner. They were promptly subject to bureaucratic
      heavy-handedness (including threats to withhold previously-promised
      reimbursement for their expenses); threats of lawsuits for daring to
      insinuate that the evacuees were somehow "lower-class" in their conduct, and
      for alleged racism, slander, and general political incorrectness; and
      threats of negative publicity, in that officials threatened to put out a
      press release denouncing the church for its "elitist" and "un-co-operative"
      attitude in a time of crisis.
      The church initially caved in to this
      pressure, and allowed the evacuees to stay but within a couple more days,
      the pressure from neighbors and from its own members became impossible to
      bear, and they insisted on the evacuees being removed to a Red Cross
      shelter. I'm informed that repairs to their hall will cost over $10,000.
      This is only one example among many I could cite, but it makes the point
      clear - if you offer your facilities to authorities, you place yourself (to
      a certain extent) under their control, and you're potentially liable to a
      great deal of heavy-handed, insensitive bureaucratic bullying. Those of you
      in the same position as this church (i.e. with facilities you could make
      available) might wish to take note.

      2. Law enforcement problems will often be "glossed over" and/or ignored by
      authorities.
      In many cities housing evacuees, there have been private
      reports of a significant increase in crime caused by their presence but
      you'll find that virtually all law enforcement authorities publicly deny
      this and/or gloss over it as a "temporary problem". This is all very well
      for publicity, but it ignores the increased risk to local residents. I've
      been tracking crime reports in about a dozen cities, through my contacts
      with local law enforcement and the Louisiana State Police. All the LEO's I
      speak with, without exception, tell me of greatly increased crime, including
      rape, assault, robbery, shoplifting, vandalism, gang activity, etc. However,
      you won't see these reports in the news media,
      and will often see senior LE
      figures actively denying it. The officers with whom I speak are angry and
      bitter about this, but they daren't "go public", as their jobs would be on
      the line if they did so. They tell me that often they're instructed not to
      report certain categories of "incident" at all, so as not to "skew" or
      "inflate" the "official" crime figures.
      I've also heard reports from Texas,
      Alabama and Tennessee of brand-new high-end motor vehicles (e.g. Cadillacs,
      Lincolns, BMW's, etc.) with New Orleans dealer tags being driven through
      various towns, on their way North and West. The drivers were described as
      "gang-bangers" (and sundry less complimentary terms). However, there have
      been no reports of stolen vehicles from New Orleans, because there are no
      workers to check out dealer lots, or report thefts, and no working computers
      to enter VIN's, etc. into the NICS database of stolen vehicles - so officers
      have had no choice but to let these vehicles proceed. Draw your own
      conclusions.

      3. Your personal and/or corporate supplies and facilities may be
      commandeered without warning, receip

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)