News Agency? What about a Newsletter?

  • jan@webs.co.za
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2006
      From: WWW.AfricanCrisis.Org
      [Some weeks ago I mentioned the idea of a "news agency" investigating
      farm murders, etc.

      Nobody really seemed interested in the idea except for one person who
      sent me details of proper news already being put out.

      Since the time I put out my idea, I was thinking, and I wondered if the
      real trick isn't producing a newsletter.

      Are there any people out there who remember the Aida Parker newsletter
      and the Roca Report? Both were excellent newsletters which were sold
      internationally, but both those people have since passed away and to my
      knowledge, I think both newsletters have died out.

      During the Xmas season I even had a phone call from someone who had
      bought my book when it first came out, who lives in a rural town in SA.
      She was saying that the newsletter idea which I had put forth more than a

      year ago was something she felt was definitely needed.

      So I am thinking about the newsletter idea, and am inviting ideas,
      thoughts and opinions on the matter.

      I'm wondering about a newsletter which could perhaps also be sold to
      expatriates and people outside S.Africa - something which tells the news
      like it is, but which also helps to bring people together. As always, I'm
      thinking in terms of things which can bring people together.

      I was telling folks how very successful the Rhodesian groups have been
      with their own magazine: Rhodesians World Wide, and the Flame Lily
      Association.

      So I'm throwing the "news agency" around in another format: the
      production and marketing of a newsletter around the world. Perhaps a
      simple newsletter at first?

      I'm throwing this idea around for debate. Jan]