Re: Napster Times

  • shoestring02140
    Message 1 of 15491 , Feb 28, 2001
      Well, the bare Napster program as such connects
      to an arbitrary napster.com server determined by
      their central server (as I understand it).<br><br>In
      order to connect to a specific server, such as
      gold.napster.com (which is what the earlier message was referring
      to), you need something like Napigator, or better yet
      IMHO, AudioGnome.<br><br>Napigator lets you connect to
      any specific server it can find, then switches over
      to Napster. This also means you can use "unofficial"
      servers, of which there are many.<br><br>AudioGnome is
      self-contained, so you connect and download in a single
      program.<br><br>In addition, the Gnome allows you to connect to an
      arbitrary number of servers (default is 32) at once, and
      search them en masse.<br><br>And that's not all!
      <G><br><br>Though I've only just started to experiment with it,
      there is a P2P facility (called PNN) built into
      AudioGnome. So far, I've downloaded using it, and it works
      well! Still waiting for someone to download one of my
      shares so I can see how well it works
      outbound.<br><br>The interface is different. It took me a couple of
      sessions to get used to it, but now there's no going back.
      Message 15491 of 15491 , Oct 23 5:54 PM