Shortwave Radio Idents / Intervals

  • cloudberry_snow
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2013
      Hello All.

      I've joined this group in the hope that someone can help me out with a University project.
      I'm trying so hard to find information on the Internet about radio idents / intervals / sign ons, vintage ones from the 70s and earlier. I've managed to find lots of MP3s of the actual idents but as yet haven't been able to find any literature on the actual phenomenon. Could anyone point me in the right direction or do they have any thoughts on this at all themselves.
      Thanks very much for reading this. Delia.
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2013

        http://www.intervalsignals.net/

        http://dxer.ca/cd-store see Series 1 - 2 CD Set

        http://swling.com/blog/tag/interval-signals/

        Doing a web search turns up many references to interval signals. I'm not sure if there is any printed material on the subject, but there may be.

        You may want to try a Shortwave listening group also.

        If you'r looking for radio IDs and checks from the 30's and 40's etc. You may find something printed

      • cloudberry_snow
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 5, 2013

          Thank you very much. I was aware of the first two links but the link to the blog is really very useful!