Who Know What Evil Lurks In The Heart Of Yahoo - The Shadow Knows

  • Jim B
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 27, 2013
      Yahoo has NEO'ed most of the groups and the ones that have not been will be shortly.  On top of that, we've found out that they plan even more changes.
      The OTRR has created a trial forum in case we have to rapidly escape the coming catastrophe.  We invite members here to help try it out.  You can join by going to -

      http://www.otrr.org/forum/
      and join by answering a simple question.
       Be a part of the discussion.
      jimb
    • Dean Sweatman
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 30, 2013
        Well they've screwed up mail, groups, and who knows what else so far what else do the have in mind?

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 30, 2013

            Pat

            It is a problem tracking and signing up for those distro groups using polls I hear...mine is a ME2 distro group and it has no effect on tracking or sign ups .Polls were pretty much useless to begin with and a poor way to do tracking and distros....overly complicates a simple process..I've tried both.  Actually the new design looks great..a couple of things don't work as well but no biggie as far as a change so far....at least it isn't the totally unworkable Facebook mess they almost did a couple of years ago. I remember the groups change around 01 or 02...no one liked it but everyone got used to it fairly quickly. Since the new neo look presents no problems for distro groups I suspect this one will do well also, as many groups don't use half the functions you have to use for distroing otr.

            best

            Rick

            ---In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, <oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            If being here is causing you so much anxiety, then just stay with your group.

            ---In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, <oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            Yahoo has NEO'ed most of the groups and the ones that have not been will be shortly.  On top of that, we've found out that they plan even more changes.
            The OTRR has created a trial forum in case we have to rapidly escape the coming catastrophe.  We invite members here to help try it out.  You can join by going to -

            http://www.otrr.org/forum/
            and join by answering a simple question.
             Be a part of the discussion.
            jimb
          • singjai108
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 30, 2013

               Thanks, Rick. I was wondering what the problem could be.

              MIke

                "[I'm a] Groucho Marxist. Whatever it is, I'm against it." - Ron Perlman

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 1, 2013
                Hi Pat.
                In my case the problem is having migrated to the android platform 23 months ago.

                Things were fine until new mail and groups NEO were forced on me. Depending on which unit I am using I get a different set of problems. I have flavors ranging from ver. 1.5, 2.3 and 4.1(twice) and brands ranging from Pandigital, Nextbook and Polaroid.

                I have to use one unit to download, another to read Yahoo Mail and a third to work with groups Things are getting better as time goes by but NEO has been a disaster on this platform. Some of the changes that are fixes for windows cause unexpected problems on Android. Where I used to be able to zoom a page up to see the text better now I can't, and if zoomed you have to scroll the lines to read the page.

                Many are the same type problems that we had 15/20 years ago as tech had to adjust to newer programing (html etc). It's not all Yahoo in my case but a lack of testing these changes over the range of platforms that is getting a lot of people irate. I understand that the Ipads have almost as many problems.

                Good to see you still kicking around.

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 1, 2013

                   Hey Dean,

                  Ok,yeah, I could see why this would cause aggravation. I only use Yahoo on my pc and laptop, so I don;t see all of these issues. Some devices like Iphones and Ipods were just too small for me anyway.

                  Nice to hear from you and I hope they get the problems fixed

                  Pat.