Bobby Jellison, Harbor Detective

  • scott_brick2005
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2013
      Hi, Scott Brick here, I've been a lurker for many, many years, and have a question I'm hoping somebody out there can help me with.

      My friend Bill is related to Bobby Jellison, who in addition to playing Bobby the Bellboy on the Hollywood episodes of I Love Lucy, also had a distinguished radio career.  He wrote a show about Bobby in which he talks about Bobby performing what was supposedly the longest death scene in radio history.  He says it was on an episode of Harbor Detective, which if I'm remembering the details from Bill's show correctly was on NBC for only eight episodes.  Bill got a copy of it on cassette from the UCLA radio archives years ago, but it was damaged and he can no longer play it.  I was hoping episodes might be out there somewhere, and that I can provide Bill with them as a gift.  I've done a number of Google searches, but to no avail.  Does anyone remember the show, or know where I might look further?  Apparently the UCLA archive sold off its collection years ago before folding, which saddens me no end, I had no idea, otherwise I'd have gone to them for help.

      Any assistance you all can offer me would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks very much.

      Best,

      Scott