Re: [OTRMP3] A MOMENT OF SILENCE PLEASE

  • Joe Mackey
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 26 3:47 AM
      Gerry wrote:

      > It is with great sadness that I have to report that Gary Hart has passed
      > away

      I'm sorry to hear this. Condolences to his family and friends.
      Joe
    • sipseywilderness
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 27 10:50 PM
        --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry" <gyialca@...> wrote:

        > It is with great sadness that I have to report that Gary Hart has passed away about a week ago, due to complications with Pneumonia. He was only 73 years old.
        >
        > He had many friends in the OTR community. His collection of shows and his knowledge will be sorely missed. He was a member of otrplus since 2007, and was a long time member of The Cobalt Club. He was a founding member of some of the early Yahoo groups in 1999 & 2000 and was a major leader in helping to promote the rebirth of OTR to many of it's current fans. His contributions were many and his knowledge will be missed. It was through his efforts that the collections of I Love A Mystery, Our Miss Brooks, and Richard Diamond sound as good as they do currently.
        >
        > Gary was an avid OTR collector for many years, and I had the privilege of being an OTR friend for about a dozen years now.
        >
        > We spoke on the phone about 2-3 times per month as well as conversed by emails.
        >
        > Gary was originally from California and moved to Canada many years ago, choosing to live in Burnaby, British Columbia. He has been cremated and has been returned to California to be buried with the rest of his family.
        >
        > Best regards
        >

        > Gerry

      • sipseywilderness
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 27 10:53 PM
          Sorry to hear that.....

          I remember a couple of hours long phone calls he made to me many years ago and it was like watching a movie listening to all his experiences in California around the movie studios and many otr stars.

          I havn't heard from him in quiet awhile tho.

          Thanks for letting us know.

          best
          Rick