Detroit Public Library Ernie Harwell audio collection

  • Schindl
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2013
      Does anyone live near Detroit and interested in helping acquire some old radio that was thought to be lost forever?

      The Detroit public library has a large collection of Ernie Harwell cassettes and reel to reel tapes. I'm looking to see if we can find someone to acquire some of these items for a distribution.They do allow copies to be made for personal use but unfortunately I do NOT live near Detroit.

      The Detroit Library has among others:
      on cassette
      1956 Colts vs Rams
      1940 World Series game 1 (Partial)
      9-20-58 Orioles vs Yanks (Wilhelm no-hitter)
      1946 Playoff games 1-2 (partial)
      Nashville vs Atlanta 6-11-1947
      1954 Yale-Army (partial)
      Tribute to Harry Heilmann
      Numerous interviews

      On reel to reel
      1953 Braves vs Giants
      1955 Colts vs Rams & Redskins (possibly partials?)
      1955 Colts vs 49ers 2nd half
      4-14-56 Tigers vs Pirates with Mel Ott
      1961 Tigers vs Yanks (partial)
      Something called all-time Tigers aircheck from 9-21-69

      The descriptions were pretty vague and the library hasn't listened to them to give an accurate description. None of these itmes are available anywhere that I am aware of.