Re: [OTRMP3] BBC - Radio drama

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11, 2013
      Hi Jim,

      I don't have a four part version of "Appleby's End" but I do have a Two
      Hour version that was run as an Saturday Night Theater back in 1982. I also
      have another Inspector Appleby play "Lament For A Maker".

      I have uploaded them for you here - http://www.mediafire.com/?zuo66wwrrvnzc

      Hope this is what you were looking for.

      Just as an aside, have you been a member of other OTR Yahoo groups in the
      past? Your name seems familiar to me, but one that I haven't seen around for
      quite some time. Either way welcome to the group.

      All The Best

      Paul
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 16, 2013

        Hi Paul,

        Many thanks for the files. Sorry I have taken so long to reply – been a bit busy over the last few days. Anyway  they are just what I needed. I have been reading the book and had got it into my head “I must listen to the play” and couldn’t find it anywhere – I have got  an unabridged copy downloaded from Audible which isn’t as good as the BBC production – doesn’t have any feeling to it.

        So once again many thanks.

        Yes I was once part of an OTR yahoo group many years ago (and boy do you have a good memory) when cd’s were being passed around the world – used to have many a long chat with my local postmistress as to where they were going this week. Still got all the CD’s packed away I just don’t know what’s on them now as with a couple of reincarnations of computer the details have been lost. Now that I have retired I must run an indexing program to find out what I have got.

        Once again many thanks.