Country Style USA - Missing/Mislabeled episodes

  • Lonesome Lefty
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2013
      Hi Folks,

      I was just wondering if anyone can help me out with this. I downloaded the OTRR's complete set of "Country Style USA" and some of the episodes are mislabeled and ultimately missing. I spent hours renaming and re-tagging the shows, and came up missing the episodes listed below (there were files with these names, but they were other episodes mislabeled):

      Country Style USA 013 Grandpa Jones - Company's A' Comin
      Country Style USA 014 Ernest Tubb - Two Glasses Joe (episode 012 also starts with this title, I'm not sure which one would be which. Is this a mistake and they are the same episode?)
      Country Style USA 015 Hank Snow - The Golden Rocket
      Country Style USA 016 The Carlisles - No Help Wanted
      Country Style USA 018 Webb Pierce - Sometimes I Cry
      Country Style USA 019 T. Tommy - Thank You Lord
      Country Style USA 020 Hank Snow - The Rhumba Boogie
      Country Style USA 021 Red Sovine - Im Glad You Found A Place For Me

      These shows are also listed on data DVDs for sale online, but I am dubious and wonder if they are just the same mislabeled files I already downloaded. If anyone knows for sure about those discs, or better yet has the correct versions of the above episodes and would be willing to send them my way It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

      Mike
    • allanpqz
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 6, 2013
        OTRR has never put out a set of Country Style USA. I'm not sure where you got it but it wasn't ours.

        Allan

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 6, 2013
          Hi Allan,

          I see it listed in http://www.otrrlibrary.org/c.html

          --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "allanpqz" wrote:

          > OTRR has never put out a set of Country Style USA. I'm not sure where you got it but it wasn't ours.
          >
          > Allan
          >
          > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Lonesome Lefty wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Folks,
          > >
          > > I was just wondering if anyone can help me out with this. I downloaded the OTRR's complete set of "Country Style USA" and some of the episodes are mislabeled and ultimately missing. I spent hours renaming and re-tagging the shows, and came up missing the episodes listed below (there were files with these names, but they were other episodes mislabeled):
          > >
          > > Country Style USA 013 Grandpa Jones - Company's A' Comin
          > > Country Style USA 014 Ernest Tubb - Two Glasses Joe (episode 012 also starts with this title, I'm not sure which one would be which. Is this a mistake and they are the same episode?)
          > > Country Style USA 015 Hank Snow - The Golden Rocket
          > > Country Style USA 016 The Carlisles - No Help Wanted
          > > Country Style USA 018 Webb Pierce - Sometimes I Cry
          > > Country Style USA 019 T. Tommy - Thank You Lord
          > > Country Style USA 020 Hank Snow - The Rhumba Boogie
          > > Country Style USA 021 Red Sovine - Im Glad You Found A Place For Me
          > >
          > > These shows are also listed on data DVDs for sale online, but I am dubious and wonder if they are just the same mislabeled files I already downloaded. If anyone knows for sure about those discs, or better yet has the correct versions of the above episodes and would be willing to send them my way It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
          > >
          > > Mike

        • allanpqz
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 6, 2013
            That explains it. The OTRR Library site is just a collection of things people have uploaded as a resource for researchers, and which is shared with others like you. I think that the certified sets are the ones listed in bold type. The others haven't gone through the certification process.

            AS you noted, the home page of the library says that all episodes have been verified through Otter. However, Otter only matches the dates of the episodes against the Otter database of known episodes. Therefore, if the date of a file matches with the known good date they're calling that "verified." However, as you discovered, if the file is mislabeled it's still wrong. They should make that a little more clear. They should also make it more clear that the holdings aren't all certified sets containing all available episodes.

            It would be very helpful to the Library if you'd send them a list of the mislabeled files. After all the work you did it would save someone else from a lot of trouble and confusion.

            Allan

            --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, old_radios wrote:

            > Hi Allan,
            >
            > I see it listed in http://www.otrrlibrary.org/c.html
            >

            > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "allanpqz" wrote:
            > >
            > > OTRR has never put out a set of Country Style USA. I'm not sure where you got it but it wasn't ours.
            > >
            > > Allan
            > >
            > > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Lonesome Lefty wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi Folks,
            > > >
            > > > I was just wondering if anyone can help me out with this. I downloaded the OTRR's complete set of "Country Style USA" and some of the episodes are mislabeled and ultimately missing. I spent hours renaming and re-tagging the shows, and came up missing the episodes listed below (there were files with these names, but they were other episodes mislabeled):
            > > >
            > > > Country Style USA 013 Grandpa Jones - Company's A' Comin
            > > > Country Style USA 014 Ernest Tubb - Two Glasses Joe (episode 012 also starts with this title, I'm not sure which one would be which. Is this a mistake and they are the same episode?)
            > > > Country Style USA 015 Hank Snow - The Golden Rocket
            > > > Country Style USA 016 The Carlisles - No Help Wanted
            > > > Country Style USA 018 Webb Pierce - Sometimes I Cry
            > > > Country Style USA 019 T. Tommy - Thank You Lord
            > > > Country Style USA 020 Hank Snow - The Rhumba Boogie
            > > > Country Style USA 021 Red Sovine - Im Glad You Found A Place For Me
            > > >
            > > > These shows are also listed on data DVDs for sale online, but I am dubious and wonder if they are just the same mislabeled files I already downloaded. If anyone knows for sure about those discs, or better yet has the correct versions of the above episodes and would be willing to send them my way It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
            > > >
            > > > Mike

          • Lonesome Lefty
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 6, 2013
              Thanks guys for clearing that up. It's still a great resource, after corrections I came up with 63 episodes! If anyone has the ones listed below I'd love to get them...

              Thanks again,
              Mike