Fwd: Sentimental Journey 045

  • ncatt
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 19, 2012

    You'll need Pando to open this attachment. Get Pando free here.

    Sentimental Journey 045
    From: ncatt
    Size: 96MB, 32 files
    Expires: Jan. 11, 2013 (?)

    Want to download faster? Get Pando Pro | Follow us on Twitter
    Pando is free software that lets you email large files and folders, up to 1GB, with your existing email address. Add delivery@... to your address book so that Pando emails from your friends don't land in spam.

  • Susan
    Message 2 of 9 , Dec 19, 2012
      I've seen these files and would like to know what is in them before I bother to register at yet another website. Pando may or may not be a great program but I don't know anything about it or its value. Just my 2 cents. I'm quiet here. More of a collector than chatter. I appreciate the efforts ncatt, but wish there was a better way to deliver.
      Merry Christmas all. (Listening to Life of Riley right now)
      Susan

      [Attachment(s) from ncatt included below]

      From: ncatt
      Size: 96MB, 32 files
      Expires: Jan. 11, 2013 (?)

      Want to download faster? Get Pando Pro | Follow us on Twitter
      Pando is free software that lets you email large files and folders, up to 1GB, with your existing email address. Add delivery@... to your address book so that Pando emails from your friends don't land in spam.

      Attachment(s) from ncatt
      1 of 1 File(s)

    • Tony
      Message 3 of 9 , Dec 20, 2012

        Susan,

        That's a good question, and one I've wondered myself.

        A simple Google search such as "Pando safe?" yields other people wondering the same thing.

        Even the Pando FAQ is understandably cagey about the question of files delivered using their application. . .

        "Can I get a virus, spyware, or other malicious programs through Pando?
        The Pando application itself is completely safe to download and install. However, once you have Pando installed, we can't screen every file you receive. You should take the same precautions with files you get through Pando that you take with any incoming files to your computer."

        http://www.pando.com/help-faq#GS2

        As usual, once risks are taken with files being delivered via P2P networks, there is a greater need to be vigilant against ongoing and new forms of malware and viri.

        And with every file posted also being an ad to buy Pando Pro. . . "Want to download faster? Get Pando Pro", it does make one wonder if the Pro version might have additional security features as well?

        Was there an introduction about the Pando files now being posted in the group? Even if there was, perhaps a quick explanation about Pando might be helpful to motivate people to want to take the risk.

         - All Best!

         Tony

         (Listening to Voyage of the Scarlet Queen)

        --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Susan wrote:

        > I've seen these files and would like to know what is in them before I bother to register at yet another website. Pando may or may not be a great program but I don't know anything about it or its value. Just my 2 cents. I'm quiet here. More of a collector than chatter. I appreciate the efforts ncatt, but wish there was a better way to deliver.
        > Merry Christmas all. (Listening to Life of Riley right now)
        > Susan
        >
        > >________________________________

      • ncatt
        Message 4 of 9 , Dec 20, 2012
          OK, It was my share, from my computer Tony,

              You don't want it, don't download it . . . If there was any way to block you from being able to download it I would . . .

              I have used many programs to download and this is safer then most but no matter what program you use, if I upload a virus or malware and you download it, you now have my virus on your system. If you download from Internet Archives or cnet or microsoft and the program is infected by malware . . . guess what . . . you now have it on your machine.

              It's too bad some people are so dumb about downloading and are so quick to post "false" information about something they know nothing about . . . . stupid, stupid, stupid!

               Pando is also not a true peer to peer network like Limewire and such. I upload all my sends to Pando servers and only my uploaded file is shared by Pando or other users that downloaded from them or me.

              Pando is free to try and use, I've been using it free for about 5 years. "Pando Pro" has benefits with larger uploads 2gb instead of 1gb, faster transfers, (though I've completely downloaded several 700-900mb movies at the same time in less then an hour) and longer retention time, 2 months instead of 1 month. Pando Pro will cost you $25 a year and eliminates the small ad at the bottom of the program.

              Sad . . . stupid people make statements without any knowledge to what their ta
          lking about or condemning. Now because of your stupidly, I may stop making my shares available here, unless I hear some requests . . . I don't charge for my shares, reap no benefits, I'm not any way connected to Pando nor would it break my heart to stop sharing here. I only do it for the few that enjoy OTR or old music or videos.

              I hope you don't share CD's or DVD's or files. . . they may contain a virus or malware just like a download . . . I hate idiots!

                                                       Norm C.
          I've used Pando to share, torrents, Dropchute, DC++ (hubs), bulletin boards (using Wildcat & RBBS), web sites (sendspace & rapidshare, etc), newsgroups, USPS and probably a few I've forgotten. I wonder if you have ever shared anything . . . except you stupid comments made without any knowledge on the subject. I've been sharing for over 20 years . . . how about you!

          On 12/20/2012 12:05 PM, Tony wrote:

          Susan,

          That's a good question, and one I've wondered myself.

          A simple Google search such as "Pando safe?" yields other people wondering the same thing.

          Even the Pando FAQ is understandably cagey about the question of files delivered using their application. . .

          "Can I get a virus, spyware, or other malicious programs through Pando?
          The Pando application itself is completely safe to download and install. However, once you have Pando installed, we can't screen every file you receive. You should take the same precautions with files you get through Pando that you take with any incoming files to your computer."

          http://www.pando.com/help-faq#GS2

          As usual, once risks are taken with files being delivered via P2P networks, there is a greater need to be vigilant against ongoing and new forms of malware and viri.

          And with every file posted also being an ad to buy Pando Pro. . . "Want to download faster? Get Pando Pro", it does make one wonder if the Pro version might have additional security features as well?

          Was there an introduction about the Pando files now being posted in the group? Even if there was, perhaps a quick explanation about Pando might be helpful to motivate people to want to take the risk.

           - All Best!

           Tony

           (Listening to Voyage of the Scarlet Queen)

          --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Susan wrote:

          > I've seen these files and would like to know what is in them before I bother to register at yet another website. Pando may or may not be a great program but I don't know anything about it or its value. Just my 2 cents. I'm quiet here. More of a collector than chatter. I appreciate the efforts ncatt, but wish there was a better way to deliver.
          > Merry Christmas all. (Listening to Life of Riley right now)
          > Susan
          >
          > >________________________________

        • Susan
          Message 5 of 9 , Dec 21, 2012
            Holy smoke! Now I know why I stay quiet. Relax, enjoy the season. A question is not necessarily a criticism. Keep sending the files. If you think they are worthy then share them. I just wondered why Pando and Tony never accused you of sending a virus.
            Merry Christmas.
            Susan
            Listening to George and Gracie from 1942.

> [...]

            Was there an introduction about the Pando files now being posted in the group? Even if there was, perhaps a quick explanation about Pando might be helpful to motivate people to want to take the risk.
             - All Best!
             Tony
             (Listening to Voyage of the Scarlet Queen)
            --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Susan wrote:

            > I've seen these files and would like to know what is in them before I bother to register at yet another website. Pando may or may not be a great program but I don't know anything about it or its value. Just my 2 cents. I'm quiet here. More of a collector than chatter. I appreciate the efforts ncatt, but wish there was a better way to deliver.
            > Merry Christmas all. (Listening to Life of Riley right now)

          • ncatt
            Message 6 of 9 , Dec 21, 2012
                  Susan, try reading Tony's post again, asking (about Pando) "Pando Safe?" and "Can I get a virus, spyware . . . ." This hints that the files I upload or Pando shares "may" be infected with a virus, malware, etc. He had no idea what Pando is, (nor did you totally, you don't need to register at a website) but instead of asking "Me", he questions the program and hints at virus. Yea, I want someone posting the word virus and malware with my shares! If he had knowledge about the program, it'd be different but he didn't. I have no problem answering questions about Pando or my uploads, I may not answer within a few minutes, may even be a day or two but I never intentionally not answer anyone with a legit question. You did notice I then included a track listing in the next share because of your question so you had an idea, I assumed with the title and file size, most would have guessed. I was sharing in other groups and just wanted to add this group. My shares started with disc 1 in the other groups, so didn't think about explaining the series.
                  Let me once again state: I have no connection to Pando, except from using the program and I share only for the reason of "Thanking" others that shared with me, over my many years of collecting.
                  I don't care, if you or Tony ever download a single file from me but I do care when what I share is linked or hinted to malware like Tony did. The final question "why Pando"  . . . . would you prefer I go to your home with my computer so you can get the files from me . . . why a download?, why the post office?, why a website?, why CD or DVD discs? Pando is simply another way to share with all the other options, I do use several others, from time to time but Pando is my preferred way.
              " end of story!
                                                          Norm C.

              On 12/21/2012 9:15 AM, Susan wrote:
> [...]

              Was there an introduction about the Pando files now being posted in the group? Even if there was, perhaps a quick explanation about Pando might be helpful to motivate people to want to take the risk.
               - All Best!
               Tony
               (Listening to Voyage of the Scarlet Queen)
              --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Susan wrote:

              > I've seen these files and would like to know what is in them before I bother to register at yet another website. Pando may or may not be a great program but I don't know anything about it or its value. Just my 2 cents. I'm quiet here. More of a collector than chatter. I appreciate the efforts ncatt, but wish there was a better way to deliver.
              > Merry Christmas all. (Listening to Life of Riley right now)

            • Tony
              Message 7 of 9 , Dec 21, 2012

                Norm,

                If I am reading your rant correctly, you are clearly off base with all your personal insults. And it strikes me as very odd that you would have "anger management" issues over my simple post.

                By the way, if you took the time to read my post (instead of just reacting to it, because you felt threatened) you will see that all my questions were about Pando. They weren't even about "your" files or "your" posts. So I don't know why you are taking this so personally. Since it seems like you never gave an intro about these files, or Pando, it's natural that some people may not be familiar with the system or the method. You know - all us "stupid" people.  ;-)

                Susan just mentioned her concern about unknown Pando files - and I agreed with her adding some obvious thoughts about safety when it comes to using any file sharing system.

                There's hardly anything "idiotic" about that. And I certainly can't envision what you found so "stupid, stupid, stupid!" in my post. Why I even cited the Pando FAQ directly over this issue.

                That you would want to block me simply because I was somehow challenging your good name (when I never even mentioned you). . . or that you would hold the other OTRMP3 members "hostage" by threatening to stop making your shares available (so you could "go home with all your toys"). . . I hope you realize what a childish response that is.

                If you can't handle someone asking about basic advice (and anyone who dares question what you think is right has to be banned and berated) it would seem your objectivity is certainly in question. . .

                 - All Best!

                   Tony

                Message 8 of 9 , Dec 21, 2012
                  Tony,
                      "anger management" where did that quote " " come from? I read your post and then re-read it. I was not upset with Susan's original post, in fact I supplied the information she requested, then you added your comments about Pando and having to repeat myself because of your inability to read, my last comment to you . . correctly.
                  "such as "Pando safe?"", then you posted "Can I get a virus, spyware, or other malicious programs . . . . " (notice the quotes) you posted them in your response to Susan, through the group, about files I uploaded and shared with Pando. I reacted to your post AFTER I read it and re-read it. Doesn't matter where you copied the words from because they were posted in response to my share.
                       IF you weren't familiar with "
                  the system or the method", Pando & downloading I assume, why not ask me? Instead of offering your comment (with your knowledge on the subject!) and then adding descriptive words like "virus" and "spyware". Did you add the dangers involved with trading files through the mail, it's also dangerous! . . . No . . but with MY uploads using Pando you did! Hinting like it was more unsafe, Did I know if you were referring to Pando or MY uploads . . . to me they were both the same. It was an attack on me and my share.

                      My reason for blocking you would be to prevent you from catching anything from my shares . . . you do know emails can carry malware too?

                      Your comments were anything but basic advice . . . you implied virus and spyware might be associated with Pando or my shares. Your knowledge and comments on the subject makes me repeat . . . stupid or idiots respond to emails when they
                  know little about the subject, fail to ask . . . but quick to accuse or imply. Repeating, it was an attack on me. If the members in this group didn't want them, why should I waste my time and the groups space, to share unwanted files or offers, I don't find it a problem to poll a group before sharing anything, if 99 out of 100 don't want it, why share it, I can find a way, to share with just the one.
                                                                  Norm C.

[...]

                  That you would want to block me simply because I was somehow challenging your good name (when I never even mentioned you). . . or that you would hold the other OTRMP3 members "hostage" by threatening to stop making your shares available (so you could "go home with all your toys"). . . I hope you realize what a childish response that is. "Pando safe?" and then

                  Message 9 of 9 , Dec 21, 2012
                    Ok, please take this off line