Re: Downloading Question???

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 2, 2012
      Thanks Everyone!!! Mike

      --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "sarahandmikey" <sarahandmikey@...> wrote:

      > I use audacity to record steaming audio
      > It's easy. You just open up audacity hit record and then play your audio file. When done, you just convert it to an mp3.
      > I use this a lot to record off the BBC Radio 4 website.
      >

      > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <bigkahunacooks1@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Well...some don't. [;o( SO someone told me a way to find the http on the file so you could download it as an mp3?? THanks!! Mike
      > >

      > > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "magnoliawhisper@" <MagnoliaWhisper@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I believe if you right click on the link it usually lets you.
      > > >
      > > > Heather

    • Kinney Baughman
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 2, 2012
        On 10/02/12 22:00, Michael wrote:
        Thanks Everyone!!!  Mike

        --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "sarahandmikey" <sarahandmikey@...> wrote:

        I use audacity to record steaming audio
        It's easy. You just open up audacity hit record and then play your audio file. When done, you just convert it to an mp3.
        I use this a lot to record off the BBC Radio 4 website.
        Yes.  This works great IF your sound card suppports it.  Some older computers have sound cards that don't allow you to record a live stream.

        Just be aware of this possibility.  I lost a day or so of my life I'll never get back because I didn't know this. :-)

        --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <bigkahunacooks1@> wrote:

        Well...some don't. [;o(  SO someone told me a way to find the http on the file so you could download it as an mp3??  THanks!!  Mike

        --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "magnoliawhisper@" <MagnoliaWhisper@> wrote:

        I believe if you right click on the link it usually lets you.

        Heather

        Someone answered this question for me a long time ago and I lost the info on
        how to do it.  Some OTR sites only allow you to listen to a show and they
        won't allow you to "Save as" an MP3 file.  Someone told me how to do this
        when the file can only be played.
        Thanks!!  Mike Bernardoni

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            oldradioshowsonmp3-digest@yahoogroups.com
            oldradioshowsonmp3-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Becky Petersen
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 2, 2012

          This is great, but you are having to, in real time, record something.  If you use the Net Transport and can actually find the stream, you can download it in a few seconds.

          Becky

          > It's easy. You just open up audacity hit record and then play your audio file. When done, you just convert it to an mp3.
          > I use this a lot to record off the BBC Radio 4 website.
          >

          > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <bigkahunacooks1@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Well...some don't. [;o( SO someone told me a way to find the http on the file so you could download it as an mp3?? THanks!! Mike
          > >

          > > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "magnoliawhisper@" <MagnoliaWhisper@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I believe if you right click on the link it usually lets you.
          > > >
          > > > Heather

          No virus found in this message.

        • bjfurgeson@sbcglobal.net
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 4, 2012
            I Received OTR#897 from John Terry. Thanks John and Rick. Sending to Roger Hohenbrink. Will Weeks
          • meteoricshipyards
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 10, 2012
              --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "sarahandmikey" <sarahandmikey@...> wrote:

              > I use audacity to record steaming audio
              > It's easy. You just open up audacity hit record and then play your audio file. When done, you just convert it to an mp3.
              > I use this a lot to record off the BBC Radio 4 website.

              I've used Audacity like that, too. Only problem is that the recording takes as long as the sound file takes to play.

              Tom A.