QUESTION

  • sarah and mikey
    Message 1 of 5 , May 12 6:12 PM
      How do you download radio shows from websites like the BBC?
      Shows that have already aired like the ones you listen to on their iPlayer.
      Thanks

      Mikey

      "Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident,
      and riches take wings. Only one thing endures and that is
      character." - Horace Greeley (1811-1872)

    • sipseywilderness
      Message 2 of 5 , May 13 3:44 AM
        This works very well.

        Best
        Rick

        --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, sarah and mikey <sarahandmikey@...> wrote:

        > How do you download radio shows from websites like the BBC?
        > Shows that have already aired like the ones you listen to on their iPlayer.
        > Thanks
        >
        > Mikey

        > "Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident,
        > and riches take wings. Only one thing endures and that is
        > character." - Horace Greeley (1811-1872)

      • Robert M. Bratcher Jr.
        Message 3 of 5 , May 13 4:33 AM
          Get a free program called Radio Downloader. Then download the shows you want in either mp3 or aac format using that program.

          > How do you download radio shows from websites like the BBC?
          > Shows that have already aired like the ones you listen to on their iPlayer.
          > Thanks
          >
          > Mikey

          > "Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident,
          > and riches take wings. Only one thing endures and that is
          > character." - Horace Greeley (1811-1872)

        • Simon
          Message 4 of 5 , May 13 4:37 AM
            Hi

            If you are looking for current shows that have just been aired on Auntie Beeb in the past 7 days, which can include a lot of old stuff by the way, I use some freeware called "Radio Downloader". Pull it down from www.nerdoftheherd.com.

            I've been using it for about 18 months with no problems.

            Hope this helps?

            --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, sarah and mikey <sarahandmikey@...> wrote:

            > How do you download radio shows from websites like the BBC?
            > Shows that have already aired like the ones you listen to on their iPlayer.
            > Thanks
            >
            > Mikey

            > "Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident,
            > and riches take wings. Only one thing endures and that is
            > character." - Horace Greeley (1811-1872)

          • meteoricshipyards
            Message 5 of 5 , May 14 12:56 PM
              I'll have to check that out.

              Minnesota Public Radio will allow you to listen to their shows but don't always provide podcasts of them. I was able to get around that by running Audacity (available as a Portable App, so google "Portable Apps" or Audacity to find it) to record what was going through the speakers (probably what was going through the soundcard, but who needs to be technical). Worked fine.

              Tom A.