Under the Radar

  • Dr Hank Heyman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2012
      John,

      Perhaps you didn't realize this, though it appears you must have,
      but you replied to an OFFLIST private letter via a semi-public group.

      This is a serious breach of proper etiquette.

      It is of course entirely up to you what you do with your show;
      it's your show, not mine, and as a friendly observer, I don't
      care all that much one way or the other. I appreciate it when
      people go through the time and effort to create a show, and I
      generally like to see them succeed, assuming they are making
      an honest effort.

      I was just trying to get you to see how other members of the group
      might see things. After all, you pitched your show to us twice.

      > ... I don't recommend serious and professional listeners even think
      > of collecting them.

      I wasn't suggesting that your show per se merited collection;
      rather I was pointing out how members are used to being able
      to download shows and save them if they wish.

      Myself, I tend to save audio shows, but ones I don't especially
      like will get archived to CD or DVD, and I will discontinue
      downloading them. Also, sometimes people don't have time to
      listen to something right away, and having it downloaded
      provides more flexibility as to when to listen.

      You wrote:

      > ... There is something you don't know about me. I have worked with
      > the great Rod Serling ...

      Actually you did mention it in your earlier letter:

      > ... I have created a pilot in the vein of Rod Serling (I worked with him)
      > Twilight Zone ....

      I don't see the issue regarding your show as whether anyone should collect
      it, or even listen to it, but rather how you seem to me to come across
      to your audience and whether you really want people to give the show
      a sampling.

      The first time you mentioned the show was episode 3, and some people,
      such as myself and Rick, would have preferred to sample the first episode
      first. Hence our frustration.

      Anyhow, let us know when you think it's worth listening to.

      Sincerely,

      -- Doc
      Dr. Heyman