New radioshows

  • Alan Bedard
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2011
    Hello lovers of radio drama.

    I've been enjoying radio drama since the 50s.  And I've also known that there has always been a few new production companies making new drama. But with the advent of pod casting, some really great stuff is now available world wide.  I'd like to mention two of them, and ask if anyone in the group has heard of them, and better yet, listened to them, and best yet, support them. Both are produced by Decoder Ring Theater (http://decoderringtheatre.com/)

    First.  "The Red Panda!"  Imagine a cross between The Shadow, and the Green Hornet, with a little of The Batman thrown in. Now let it take place in 1930s Toronto.  First against gangsters, then super villains, then the ever multiplying powers of darkness as WWII looms.  Free downloads are available here, http://decoderringtheatre.com/index.php?id=rpa.

    Next, "Black Jack Justice"  This is an east coast big city private investigator, (a gum shoe, shamus, private dick) by the name of Jack Justice, along with his partner, Trixi Dixon. Together, they endure and survive the low, the tawdry, and sometimes murderous machinations of the seamier side of the big city. The is classic P.I. drama with a wonderful flavoring of whimsy as Jack and Trixi exchange fresh banter, and even fresher hot coffee.  Give it a try at http://decoderringtheatre.com/index.php?id=bjj.

    I've also attached two short intro tracks along with this post.  Do give them a try.

    Finally, I am not in any way affiliated with decoder ring theater, except as a listener of really fine audio drama.

    Thanks for listening.

    Alan