{Disarmed} Re: [OTRMP3] Re:

  • sipseywilderness
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 24, 2011
      Listened to this one today myself while mowing.

      Burns and Allen 47-04-17 (33) House is Built over a Swamp.mp3 42,269,240 192k

      Rick

      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 25, 2011
        mowing? I'm jealous. :-)

        --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "sipseywilderness" <sipseywilderness@...> wrote:

        > Listened to this one today myself while mowing.
        >
        > Burns and Allen 47-04-17 (33) House is Built over a Swamp.mp3 42,269,240 192k
        >
        > Rick
        >
        > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Martin Fennell <martin.fennell@> wrote:
        > >
        > > http://www.archive.org/details/TheBurnsAllenShow

        > > > There's a bunch here:
        > > >
        > > > http://nakedgord.blogspot.com/2007/01/bevy-of-burns-and-allen.html
        > > >
        > > > Plus, I got quite a few hits with ("burns and allen" mp3 download) on
        > > > Google:
        > > >
        > > > http://tinyurl.com/5t5zeyk
        > > >
        > > > Cheers!
        > > >
        > > > Kinney

      • Kinney Baughman
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 25, 2011
          On 03/25/2011 08:07 AM, old_radios wrote:

          > mowing? I'm jealous. :-)

          Started to comment on that myself!

          Not sure "jealous" is the right word, though. :-)

          At least "surprised". Especially since it was snowing at my house last
          night! :-(

          Kinney
          Janitor, Share'n'Trade
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 25, 2011
            > Not sure "jealous" is the right word, though. :-)

            It's better than shoveling! I'm one of those weird people that actually like mowing the lawn. My 9 foot high snow pile near my garage is finally gone!
          • sipseywilderness
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 26, 2011
              Neighbor did it 2 weeks ago...I've been putting it off as long as I could. Strangely enough winter dissapeared mid Feb this year.

              Rick
              --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, old_radios <no_reply@...> wrote:

              > mowing? I'm jealous. :-)
              >

              > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "sipseywilderness" <sipseywilderness@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Listened to this one today myself while mowing.
              > >
              > > Burns and Allen 47-04-17 (33) House is Built over a Swamp.mp3 42,269,240 192k
              > >
              > > Rick
              > >
              > > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Martin Fennell <martin.fennell@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > http://www.archive.org/details/TheBurnsAllenShow

            • john
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 26, 2011
                I just about got to the snowblower in/ lawnmower our ritual when our temps dropped again and we're seeing snow. Not measurable, mind you, but enough to make me want to keep the snowblower accessible. My daughter, in Eau Claire WI still have about 2 feet of snow in the yard, while my son in San Diego CA is getting rain like he's never had before. We, in Northern IL, are ready to start the indoor seedlings.
                Spring will get here, but in it's own sweet time.

                john
              • john
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 27, 2011
                  that should read:
                  snowblower in/ lawnmower out

                  btw,

                  it's 10:20am and 33ºf with bright shiny sun. And,,,, we just had an eagle fly over the house!

                  john

                  --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "john" <jconn0403@...> wrote:

                  > I just about got to the snowblower in/ lawnmower our ritual when our temps dropped again and we're seeing snow. Not measurable, mind you, but enough to make me want to keep the snowblower accessible. My daughter, in Eau Claire WI still have about 2 feet of snow in the yard, while my son in San Diego CA is getting rain like he's never had before. We, in Northern IL, are ready to start the indoor seedlings.
                  > Spring will get here, but in it's own sweet time.
                  >
                  > john

                • Ken Secrest
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 27, 2011
                    On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 9:23 AM, john <jconn0403@...> wrote:
                    > that should read:
                    > snowblower in/ lawnmower out

                    Yard work activities this time of year are a sure jinx, here in the
                    northern US Rocky Mountains. And that's exactly what has happened.
                    Yesterday, people were outside, this morning it's snowing again....

                    Ken S.
                    --
                    Railroadiana FS and ? My web site:  http://www.train-orders.com
                  • Vincente Tobias
                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 27, 2011
                      Our snowblower broke down after the second snowfall of the season. This was --I think-- in early December.  So, again it was shoveling time all winter, and we have a 300 foot driveway plus a turn-around to deal with.  Exactly the same thing happened a year ago.  The hell with snowblowers! I survived the snow shoveling. In fact, it was probably good exercise.  I'm afraid we will have another 2 months to go before our lawnmower sees the light of day.  But it is fun to sit out on the deck in -5C weather (22F), sun shining to beat the band, with a cup of tea and the crossword puzzle.  However, I'll be glad when it is over for the year.
                      Vince

                    • Kinney Baughman
                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 27, 2011
                        On 03/27/11 12:15, Vincente Tobias wrote:

                        > Our snowblower broke down after the second snowfall of the season. This
                        > was --I think-- in early December. So, again it was shoveling time all
                        > winter, and we have a 300 foot driveway plus a turn-around to deal with.
                        > Exactly the same thing happened a year ago. The hell with
                        > snowblowers! I survived the snow shoveling. In fact, it was probably
                        > good exercise. I'm afraid we will have another 2 months to go before
                        > our lawnmower sees the light of day. But it is fun to sit out on the
                        > deck in -5C weather (22F), sun shining to beat the band, with a cup of
                        > tea and the crossword puzzle. However, I'll be glad when it is over for
                        > the year.

                        Vince,

                        You need one of these:

                        https://picasaweb.google.com/baughmankr/SnoWedgePartII?authkey=Gv1sRgCLrSodWJ38_EuwE#5560642621795442178

                        This is how I scrape my 1/2 mile driveway in the NC mountains! :-)

                        I think I spent $5 on it for a couple of bolts. The rest was scrap that
                        I had laying around my barn.

                        Pictured above is the "car-sized" version of the "man-sized" version I
                        used for years.

                        You can scrape a 300' driveway in the time it takes you to walk to the
                        end of it pulling the man-sized "SnoWedge" behind you. I think I have
                        some photos around here somewhere if you want to see them.

                        Cheers!
                        --
                        Kinney
                        Janitor, Share'n'Trade Board