Re: [OTRMP3] Re: [BrokenSea] Re: [Misfitsaudio] Re: [gypsyaudio] RE: [Darker_Projects] OT: A Thought for the Future

  • Debi Jarrell
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 2011
      Unless I missed something in the thread, I don't see where Eric ever said anything was being produced in poor audio or even needed to be cleaned up.  He put forth his own shortcomings, as he saw them.  It's a good person who can see his own shortcomings and strive to do something to fix it.

      It seems to me that Paul, in his taking exception to an insult that I was not able to see, treated the suggestion as if it was something to threaten his time with his own projects.  A collaboration is a VOLUNTARY meeting of minds in the same place to create or finish something.  Even if a "society" of sorts is created, certainly collaboration within the ranks would be strictly voluntary.  Eric isn't saying that you would HAVE to help, but that perhaps a brainstorming session might be able to help, or perhaps each could LEARN from each other.

      In my belief, the only time you aren't learning something is when you are dead and in a box somewhere.    That being said, I do think Paul's answer was a bit harsh.   It's kind of like "I got all my homework done, why can't you?" When Eric was saying "I can't finish mine, and I need a little help.  Maybe we can set up a study group."  Eric's not asking you, personally, to do something about his project, but to help a little on getting him where he needs to be.  And he's not even asking you, Paul, to do anything.  He's reaching out to everyone who is involved with his sort of project.

      Myself, I'm not interested in the newly produced radio drama - that's not what I rejoined for, and I don't seem to be getting what I came here for.    I'm here for the OLD in the Old Time Radio.  I want the things that my father listened to when he was a kid.  I had hoped to fill out my collection.   To others, the new stuff might be ok.

      You know... we have collaborations in my job, and in my other hobby - Digital scrapbooking.  If we can get people across disciplines collaborating on a University campus, and competing digital scrapbooking designers to collaborate without this kind of fighting, why can't the OTR community?  The easiest thing about collaboration is that if you don't want to do it, you just say NO and move on.

      It's great that you guys are able to have fun doing modern audio drama, but I still want the OLD stuff.

      Debi