  • Mike
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2010
      I may have spoken too soon--at least in the case of the last few episodes from 46 on. They downloaded as mp3 files, but each was only12 bytes long. (I was able to get episodes 47-60 elsewhere.)

      Considering the hoops you have to jump through to download these shows--and that my usual add-on, Download Helper, won't download them--the possibility that Multiply would rather have us streaming instead of downloading from their site came to mind.

      Thanks.

      MM

      --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "singjai108" <singjai108@...> wrote:

      > I had joined Multiply, actually. I tried again. Did nothing different
      > that I recall. Got the episodes though. Thanks very much. Wish it
      > didn't require a special downloader though.
      >
      > Mike
      >

      > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, gyialca no_reply@ wrote:
      > >
      > > First to answer a question about downloading on Multiply, you have to
      > become a member. (Free)
      > >
      > > Then follow the instructions that I gave and click on the shows that
      > you want to download. At the bottom of the list,after the episodes are
      > listed individually, you will see "Play this playlist" Save this as a
      > .txt file, or if you use Orbit Downloader, as an .olt file. Open your
      > downloader and import this file as the url you want to download, and
      > everything should work smoothly.
      > >
      > > If you are still having problems, you should be able to pick up all
      > the episodes at the following site....
      > >
      > > http://otrarchive.blogspot.com/2009/09/bold-venture.html
      > >
      > > Robert(Calfkiller) is the person that alerted us to all these new
      > episodes and I have just tried to help pass them around.
      > >

      > > After 10 years of membership, I regret to say that I will be leaving
      > the group at the end of the month.
      > >
      > > I have enjoyed my stay here and have met many wonderful people from
      > all over the world, but I find that with 3 grandchildren now, I just
      > don't have the time that I used to have to pursue my hobby.
      > >
      > > We still listen to a bout 3 hours a day of OTR, but it's the
      > collection, assembling, and burning that I don't have the time for.
      > >
      > > I wish you all well and I will miss you. This is one of the first
      > groups I joined back in 2000.
      > >
      > > Best regards
      > >
      > > Gerry

    • Martin Fennell