Re: [OTRMP3] This Yahoo group

  • Martin Fennell
    Message 1 of 28 , Aug 29 3:23 PM
      i didn't really finish that off. I suppose the show which showed me
      how powerful the medium could be was the bbc version of bleak house.
      I'm not a collector, even though i have lots of otr offline. Some was
      got through yahoo groups. But also trough trading, peer to peer,
      website downloading, and gifts from people. When i download stuff, i
      often delete after listening to it. It has to be really good for me to
      want to hang on to it. So which otr shows do i think are the best.
      Richard Diamond. I guess because of my fondness for Chandler. I prefer
      it to the philip Marlowe series.
      DRagnet, Gunsmoke. I think the halls of ivy is a fine show. i'm
      feeling sleepy, so perhaps might add
      some more to this at a late date.

      On 8/29/10, Martin Fennell <martin.fennell@...> wrote:
      > Hi.
      > I'm pretty new to the group, but not to otr. I haven't got a specific
      > interest in otr. But i love the audio medium of as in otr, bbc, cbc,
      > whatever.
      > My first taste of otr would have been cassettes, a friend lent me. But
      > before those i would have heard plays on RTe 1, the premier (at the
      > time) irish radio channel, and the BBc. Although it could be tricky to
      > get a decent reception. As a raymond Chandler fan, I was delighted
      > when i read in the radio times (the only bbc listings magazine at
      > the time), they were adapting the marlowe novels, then there was
      > hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy. But I'm not sure exactly which
      > version i first heard. The first otr i heard on cassettte. I can't
      > remember. But i know would have heard some life of riley, adventures
      > of philip marlowe, and amos and andy.
      > As for doing distros. I'd be willing to pass on some copies of stuff
      > to someone who would do the distro ie shipping lists etc.
      >

      > On 8/29/10, ontime6402@... <ontime6402@...> wrote:
      >> Hi patrick,
      >> You know me I think, I have been active in OTR for more years then I
      >> care
      >> to remember.
      >>
      >> George Grube

    • mpn_lrry
      Message 2 of 28 , Aug 29 4:26 PM
        --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, old_radios <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > If you are an oldie or newbie, please post and let us know how long you've been an OTR fan and what you are listening now.
        >
        > I think I have a good 40 years of OTR listening service, hooked when I first heard "The Shadow" on a local college radio station on Halloween. Currently, I'm listening to more older music than old shows. How 'bout you?
        >
        > Enjoy. Patrick, your moderator.

        Hi Patrick. I started listening to OTR 10 years ago and still hear something almost every night. Lately: Candy Matson, Arthur Godfrey Time, soap operas and Mr. Keen, Tracer of Lost Persons. I find Mr. Keen to be very soothing and a good show to go to sleep to despite the occasional gunshots and blood-curdling screams.

        Like you, I've also been listening to music of the era much of the time. Recently it has been The Bill Kemp Show, Melody Hour, and a lot of the music from the WJSV complete broadcast day of September 21, 1939.

        The activity has gone down, but this is still a great group and I still read all the posts. Thank you for creating and maintaining it.

        Larry
      • Paul Mannering
        Message 3 of 28 , Aug 29 5:21 PM
          Been quite lately as BrokenSea are rebuilding our website due to a malware hack.

          We continue to release digitally remastered OTR tracks on an almost weekly basis though!

          --
          paul@...
          www.brokensea.com www.grindhouseaudio.com

        • sipseywilderness
          Message 4 of 28 , Aug 30 4:58 AM
            Hi Pat

            I'm still here..check the site once a day at least. After reading posts for about 6 months I joined this group and that was 5/28/01...not going anywhere.

            Being a sf fan I was hooked when I listen to my first X Minus One and Dimension X in the mid 60s on 5 inch reels..shortly after the end of radio.

            Hope youre doing well.

            Best
            Rick
            --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, old_radios <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > Hi everyone,
            >
            > Looks like the activity here has gone down quite a bit from the hey-day of MP3 OTR. I started this group 11 years ago after being scolded on the Old Time Radio digest for asking questions about this (then) new MP3 format.
            >
            > There are a lot of really nice people here, hopefully still reading the posts. If anyone would like to start a distribution of disks, talk about anything related to OTR and NewTR, old music, commercials and vintage radio hardware please feel free.
            >
            > In the old days, when we traded for a few shows here and there on reel-to-reel and cassettes, there was more time to listen to the great shows of the past. Now, we receive or download hundreds or thousands of shows at a time. I hope the interest in preserving and enjoying old and new radio drama has not died out.
            >
            > If you are an oldie or newbie, please post and let us know how long you've been an OTR fan and what you are listening now.
            >
            > I think I have a good 40 years of OTR listening service, hooked when I first heard "The Shadow" on a local college radio station on Halloween. Currently, I'm listening to more older music than old shows. How 'bout you?
            >
            > Enjoy. Patrick, your moderator.

          • Seth Adam Sher
            Message 5 of 28 , Aug 30 8:39 AM
              Hiya!  Still here too!

              I've been a fan of radio theatre/drama for about 30 years, ever since I first heard (in the same year):
              -episodes of X-Minus One played on an FM station in Northern Virginia late one night,
              -the Star Wars drama done by NPR when it premiered on station DC101; and,
              -the Mercury Theatre's War of the Worlds, after finding it on tape one day with my parents at a shopping mall.  I still have that tape 30 years later, and still listen to that copy too.

              These days I'm more actively involved in radio theatre, assisting online volunteer groups such as Pendant Audio, Darker Projects and BrokenSea Audio with voice acting, and producing audio theatre with the Boston-based company The Colonial Radio Theatre on the Air.  And, of course, I'm a nutcase for BBC radio plays on an almost daily basis, the BBC iPlayer a constant desktop presence.

              Radio Theatre and Radio Drama are my favorite mediums in the world; I'm pleased as punch that there are companies and groups dedicated to this day to its preservation and continuation.

              =Seth

            • wcmulve@juno.com
              Message 6 of 28 , Aug 30 9:15 AM
                the cd/dvd mp3 audio format is a great way to economically obtain your favorite otr shows and are readily and economically available by searching on the computer.there are even samplers that can be listened to or cd samplers available with first orders.i'm currently listening to  "the great gildersleeve" a great family type light comedy.  i have two sites that are my favorite suppliers :the radiolady.com  and otrcat.com      walt

                Obama Urges Homeowners to Refinance
                SeeRefinanceRates.com
              • john
                Message 7 of 28 , Aug 30 4:29 PM
                  I've been a fan of OTR as long as I can remember. My older brother and I used to hear Escape/Suspense/SGT Preston on the radio at home until they went off the air. As a little one I remember my mom listening to Ma Perkins during the daytime and to this day I associate Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup with that show. Why? I don't know,,, it was either a sponsor or mom would fix it for us for lunch a lot of the times it was on. Either way, every time I open a can, I think of Ma Perkins.
                  I started buying LPs with 2 radio shows on a disc back in the early 60's and later, in the Army would listen to a few shows at times on Armed Forces Radio. When I returned I'd get some really poor quality stuff on Reel to Reel. Really bad quality but, better than no OTR at all. Then I discovered Radio Showcase and Adventures in Cassettes. Holy Crap, I could pick up about a half dozen top quality shows for only about an hours pay! Unbelievable! Boxed sets were even cheaper! Later, I'd buy the sale items from Radio Spirits - Best Buy would have the big boxed sets far below the best prices Radio Spirits would offer. I amassed quite a collection.
                  Then, wow, mp3's hit the scene. I could buy an entire series for about the same price as what I used to pay for two shows. I became a glutton, it was an amazing way to collect OTR.
                  Soon, through a lot of web surfing, I discovered other OTR fans with shows to trade and really went wild. Finding OTRDAYS, and this site, were a boon. "Distros" with complete series' for the price of a blank disc and a postage stamp? That just couldn't be possible. It seemed too good to be true - and yet it was true. What a great way to collect.
                  That's about where I'm at in the hobby now. I've just about accumulated all the shows that seem to be out there. But, there's always something new showing up. There's always a new show out there,,,,, somewhere.
                  I don't listen as much as I used to, either, just on road trips or working in the woodshop, mostly. My wife's never been a big fan so it's music at bedtime. But, she's not a big fan of my taste in music, either. Oh well..... she loves me anyway.
                  I've gotten into downloading a lot of stuff from John Chambless' site.
                  http://www.scratchygrooves.com/
                  He posts old music shows his Dad, Bill, aired during the 80's and 90's. Also, I get the weekly British Dance Band Show from John Wright in the UK.
                  http://www.r2ok.co.uk/dancebandshow.htm
                  Great music shows, both of them.

                  So, will my grand-daughters be having OTR shows memory implanted by some bizarre technique? Will the world of X-Minus One be their world? Wouldn't that be somethin' ?

                  john
                • andrew fabbro
                  Message 8 of 28 , Aug 30 9:29 PM
                    Hello,

                    I'm newish here.  I was around in 2005 and got some great stuff from a few folks.  Now that my OTR interest has been renewed, I've rejoined the list.

                    I suppose I'm a younger enthusiast (41).  I got hooked when I bought an LP with three Nick Carter episodes in the mid-80s.

                    I just completed a 2,500-mile road with my mother and we started with episode one of Speed Gibson of the International Secret Police.  We were nearing the end of the first story arc (episode 100) as we neared our destination and my mom said "drive slower - I don't want to get there before episode 100!"  Now she wants to take another road trip ;-)

                    Now listening to Magic Island.  I love the juvenile serials of that era...I think I still have a few more to go through.  And of course the old YT Johnny Dollar, Sherlock Holmes, Nick Carter, Jack Benny, and others.  Went through a long run of 21st Precinct but ultimately it got a bit tedious.  I have more stuff from archive.org to listen to.

                    I completely understand the idea about how many shows you have vs. how many you listen to.  For some shows with high availability (e.g., YT Johnny Dollar), I do allow myself the luxury of skipping some of the shows that have bad sound quality, or bailing on stories that I don't find interesting.  In an evening, one can download more OTR than you could listen to in a year...I can't really say that's a bad thing ;-)

                    One thing that really irks me is companies still claiming copyright on these various shows.  All pre-64 radio should be (but isn't) free.  There is practically no one alive who was involved in the production of these shows and the commercial companies (e.g., Radio Spirits) sell small sets of shows at outrageous prices.  I have no problem with copyright, but to keep milking radio shows 75+ years after they aired is ridiculous.  Recently there were takedowns at archive.org, which really makes me sad.  It's bad enough that so many shows exist only with poor sound quality and missing episodes...they should at least be free for people to trade.  Too bad there aren't many OTR torrents...

                    BTW, this may sound funny but after getting back into OTR a couple months ago, I had a hard time finding a place to talk about it.  If you google "OTR forum," the first few you find are either dead or unresponsive to new members (e.g., OTRfan.com never sent me a confirmation email and my emails to the owner were unanswered).  I since found a pretty good forum and looked through my old emails to rediscover this list.

                    On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 12:36, old_radios <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

                  • Becky Petersen
                    Message 9 of 28 , Aug 31 12:29 AM

                      I have listened and listened to my OTR.  Well, at least the series that fascinated me-- Suspense, all the detectives and mysteries, etc.  We put comedies on while I ask my kids to help me with doing mundane tasks (like tying charity quilts).  We listened to all the Henry Aldrich and Father Knows Best, etc.  They are fun.  I wish more were still being produced.

                      I don’t watch tv, so I get a lot of listening time in—it has far less to do with what’s on tv than the fact that you have sit still to watch—I want to be up and about which I can do with an mp3 player and ear phones….I listen while I sew, do stuff around the house, work in the kitchen, etc.  It makes all the kind of boring, repetitive stuff much more interesting!

                      I’m a very middle aged listener—older than you but still under 50!

                      Becky

                      Message 10 of 28 , Aug 31 1:23 AM
                        I'll be 51 on the ist of september :)

                        On 8/31/10, Becky Petersen <Becky@...> wrote:
                        > I have listened and listened to my OTR. Well, at least the series that
                        > fascinated me-- Suspense, all the detectives and mysteries, etc. We put
                        > comedies on while I ask my kids to help me with doing mundane tasks (like
                        > tying charity quilts). We listened to all the Henry Aldrich and Father
                        > Knows Best, etc. They are fun. I wish more were still being produced.
                        >

                        > I don't watch tv, so I get a lot of listening time in-it has far less to do
                        > with what's on tv than the fact that you have sit still to watch-I want to
                        > be up and about which I can do with an mp3 player and ear phones..I listen
                        > while I sew, do stuff around the house, work in the kitchen, etc. It makes
                        > all the kind of boring, repetitive stuff much more interesting!
                        >

                        > I'm a very middle aged listener-older than you but still under 50!
                        >

                        > Becky
                        >

                        > _____

                      • freecycle matthew
                        Message 11 of 28 , Aug 31 6:40 AM
                          I have been listening to OTR for over a decade.  I have a large collection and I have listened to most of it.  I also have the complete collection of the CBSRMT's that I got from a well known archive.  I used to share the entire collection via Napster back in that era.  Perhaps some of you got goodies from me back in the day.

                          I listen pretty much ever night for an hour or so before I fall asleep.  I will sleep in on weekends and listen to a show before I get up.

                          I remember a few years ago thinking about how sad it was when I hit the end of a series I was listening to.  No more will be made.  There is a finite amount of OTR so enjoy it while it is fresh.  Once in a while I will hit on something I have not heard before and if it is one of the series I really liked, that is really a treasure.

                          One quick request.  I know this is "newer" and not supposed to be "shared" so I am not asking for anybody to share it, but can someone tell me how Midnight Cab #14 ends?  The copy I have is clipped off about half way through.  I am a big fan of the old CBC Mystery Project.  They had a lot of really good stuff.

                          Happy Listerning.

                          --Matthew

                        • phillip_pearson
                          Message 12 of 28 , Aug 31 7:29 AM
                            Howdy folks,

                            I have been listening to OTR for about 15 years now and have made many friends on this and several other OTR groups. My own Yahoo Group, radiowaves, is all but dead. It seems like when there are any conversations at all, they are started by and commented on by only a very small number of us.

                            Lately I have been listening to a lot of I Was A Communist For The FBI. Really well done show. Of course, you have to get past teh whole "Red Scare" thing, but the show does it's job by genuinely making me feel bad for Agent Matt Cvetic. I really feel for the guy. LOL

                            Phil :O)

                            --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, freecycle matthew <freecycle.matthew@...> wrote:

                            > I have been listening to OTR for over a decade. I have a large collection
                            > and I have listened to most of it. I also have the complete collection of
                            > the CBSRMT's that I got from a well known archive. I used to share the
                            > entire collection via Napster back in that era. Perhaps some of you got
                            > goodies from me back in the day.
                            >
                            > I listen pretty much ever night for an hour or so before I fall asleep. I
                            > will sleep in on weekends and listen to a show before I get up.
                            >
                            > I remember a few years ago thinking about how sad it was when I hit the end
                            > of a series I was listening to. No more will be made. There is a finite
                            > amount of OTR so enjoy it while it is fresh. Once in a while I will hit on
                            > something I have not heard before and if it is one of the series I really
                            > liked, that is really a treasure.
                            >
                            > One quick request. I know this is "newer" and not supposed to be "shared"
                            > so I am not asking for anybody to share it, but can someone tell me how
                            > Midnight Cab #14 ends? The copy I have is clipped off about half way
                            > through. I am a big fan of the old CBC Mystery Project. They had a lot of
                            > really good stuff.
                            >
                            > Happy Listerning.
                            >
                            > --Matthew

                          • Heather
                            Message 13 of 28 , Aug 31 11:47 AM
                              Becky wow a kindred spirit.

                              I notice there's not a lot of women who listen to OTR!

                              Any way, I started listening to OTR when I was about 13. My mom is a Dr, and to pay off student loans she was in a program where she agreed to be sent to small towns in Kansas where there was no doctors, and give medical care for so much paid off on her student loans per a hour. That led us to a Chanute Kansas, where there wasn't a whole lot for a teenager to do during the summer. I even asked the other kids around there what did they do for fun, and they said went to Wichita! Lol (that was the city I was from, the largest city in Kansas, but a good 2 hours from Chanute! So not something feasible for a young teen too young to drive to do much!).  I had at the time 3 younger siblings (I now have 16 younger siblings!!!!!!!) and they were quite a bit younger then me, 6, 2, and 1 at the time. So my job as the oldest, and teen sister was to watch them, while mom and dad were at work (dad was a nurse). So what ever I found to do had to be conducive of bringing a 6, 2, and 1 year old in toe with me! We found the local drug store still had a soda jerk and that was fun to do but, you can only drink so much ice cream sodas a day! Lol Since I was too young to drive we often just walked and walked, walked to the drug store, walked all around the neighborhood, and one day on a walk I stumbled across a library! Well that was it, that became our spot to go every day. We began by checking out books, and movies, and then after we watched all the movies (of course we seen the original Anne of Green Gables like a billion times it was sooooo good!) I stumbled upon the otr section. I fell in love and that was it! But, back then there was no Internet, and I didn't know where else to go for OTR, so till yahoogroups came along I would just be at the library with their very limited selection of OTR.

                              Boy has yahoogroups been a treasure trove of OTR for me! I've also got my husband and children into it since then. I'm 34 now. And still love our OTR, and listen to it on ALL road trips, and quite a bit when we are stuck in traffic here in NYC  where we live. It helps the road rage! Hahaha Like Becky I also like to listen to it during the mundane chores of the day. And I love embroidery and sewing and OTR is really great entertainment for that, cause I find music to get a little boring after so many hours-repeats, etc, and you can't really "watch" TV while looking down at your sewing the whole time. But, OTR is really great in that way. Also I like to envision that my grandmother was probably doing the exact same thing at my age, listening to the exact same shows. Makes me feel close to her, and gives me a happy feeling. I even listen to it while cooking meals, and again I wander is this something my grandma was listening to when she made this meal, as I often make meals that grandma liked best when I'm feeding my family.

                              Then the other side of that, is I am a Christian and I really have high moral standards for my choice of entertainment, and a great majority of OTR meets those standards for me, with out me feeling weird, awkward or yucky to have my children listening to them as well! So OTR is really a win-win form of entertainment for my family and I all the way around. It's great to know there's a few other ladies out there who like it as much as I do.

                              As far as favorite shows-
                              Dragnet
                              All Star American Theater
                              Tales of the Texas Rangers
                              The Couple Next Door
                              Blondie
                              Bickersons
                              Superman

                              I could go on and on, but that's off the top of my head.

                              Heather

                              Message 14 of 28 , Aug 31 12:10 PM
                                Heather, Becky et al,
                                Nice posts. Actually, I believe that there are a lot more women
                                listening to OTR than you realize. Quite a few of the visitors to my OTR
                                site are of the female persuasion and I've obtained OTR from a number of
                                their sites. Let's see, without checking my site, Shirley, Katy, Sue and
                                Laura immediately come to mind. There are some others who visit less
                                frequently, but are active none-the-less.

                                And like you, I'm a Christian and try to keep my site totally "family
                                friendly", though a few programs contain some light profanity (like the
                                Aussie Wartime serial "The Dambusters"). I try to warn in advance on
                                those posts. I've occasionally taken down some BBC stuff in the 'private
                                area' that I felt was over the top. As I don't listen to everything I
                                post (impossible to do), sometimes something gets by me.

                                I probably listen to OTR and some New-time radio 7-8 hours a day while
                                I'm doing other things (like answering email, posting to my blog etc).

                                Have a GREAT day. . .

                                73 de Phil, KO6BB
                                http://ko6bb1.multiply.com/ (My OTR Blog)
                                http://www.qsl.net/ko6bb/ (Web Page)

                                On 8/31/2010 6:47 PM, Heather wrote:

> [...]
                                > as I often make meals that grandma liked best when I'm feeding my family.
                                > Then the other side of that, is I am a Christian and I really have
                                > high moral standards for my choice of entertainment, and a great
                                > majority of OTR meets those standards for me, with out me feeling
                                > weird, awkward or yucky to have my children listening to them as well!
                                > So OTR is really a win-win form of entertainment for my family and I
                                > all the way around. It's great to know there's a few other ladies out
                                > there who like it as much as I do.
                                > As far as favorite shows-
                                > Dragnet
                                > All Star American Theater
                                > Tales of the Texas Rangers
                                > The Couple Next Door
                                > Blondie
                                > Bickersons
                                > Superman
                                > I could go on and on, but that's off the top of my head.

                              • Ken Secrest
                                Message 15 of 28 , Aug 31 12:12 PM
                                  Heather-

                                  "Tales of the Texas Rangers" sounds interesting! Do you know of a site where I could download a show, and check it out?

                                  Ken S.
                                • Heather
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Aug 31 5:21 PM

                                    Is a bunch of them, I don't know if that's all I have. I have 2 cds of them, but they are packed away, as we're moving from NYC to Kansas! In just three weeks, so most my stuff is packed up!

                                    Message 17 of 28 , Sep 1, 2010
                                      Ken,
                                      http://www.archive.org/details/TalesOfTheTexasRangers
                                      has pretty much all the Tales of Texas Ranges shows available for download.
                                      Actually, http://www.archive.org/ has pretty much everything in OTR.

                                      john

                                      --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Ken Secrest <rmdive70@...> wrote:

                                      > Heather-
                                      >
                                      > "Tales of the Texas Rangers" sounds interesting! Do you know of a site where
                                      > I could download a show, and check it out?
                                      >
                                      > Ken S.

                                    • Ken Secrest
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Sep 2, 2010
                                        John-

                                        Thanks. I had tried their search engine and nothing came up.

                                        Ken S.

                                        On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 9:29 PM, john <jconn0403@...> wrote:
                                        > Ken,
                                        > http://www.archive.org/details/TalesOfTheTexasRangers
                                        > has pretty much all the Tales of Texas Ranges shows available for download.
                                        > Actually, http://www.archive.org/ has pretty much everything in OTR.
                                        >

                                        > john
                                        >

                                        > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Ken Secrest <rmdive70@...> wrote:
                                        >>
                                        >> Heather-
                                        >>
                                        >> "Tales of the Texas Rangers" sounds interesting! Do you know of a site where
                                        >> I could download a show, and check it out?
                                        >>
                                        >> Ken S.

                                      • Vincente Tobias
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Sep 3, 2010
                                          This is still the "mother" of all otr yahoo groups and we are all indebted to Pat for his decision to start it.  I've been around here  for about 10 years and it was the springboard for many new directions taken over that time.
                                          Vince

                                        • sipseywilderness
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Sep 3, 2010
                                            Well said and very true.

                                            Rick

                                            --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Vincente Tobias <vincenteca@...> wrote:

                                            > This is still the "mother" of all otr yahoo groups and we are all indebted
                                            > to Pat for his decision to start it. I've been around here for about 10
                                            > years and it was the springboard for many new directions taken over that
                                            > time.
                                            > Vince

                                          • Debiannj
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Oct 7, 2010
                                              I agree. I was a member here a long time ago when the distros were pretty active as was my friend, Randy Robinson. We left for a while, and I came back after he passed away in January of 2009. I haven't been very active because of family and other issues, and I also didn't know who was still here. I remember a lot of you - especially Becky.

                                              I still think my favorite was one I got in a distro from here I think, WhiteHall 1212. My next favorite is the Black Museum. But I want to introduce my 8 year old grandson to the genre. I'm not sure if he'll go for it with movies and all, but who knows?

                                              Debi Jarrell

                                              --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Vincente Tobias <vincenteca@...> wrote:

                                              > This is still the "mother" of all otr yahoo groups and we are all indebted
                                              > to Pat for his decision to start it. I've been around here for about 10
                                              > years and it was the springboard for many new directions taken over that
                                              > time.
                                              > Vince

                                            • Susan Olague
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Oct 8, 2010
                                                Hi Debi.. My name is Sue...

                                                My kids grew up with no TV... We played OTR and the kids loved it.. It use to come on at 8PM.. but now it comes on at Midnight...

                                                my kids are now into tv.. but when I have it on they still listen to it..(They are from 17-31 years) Have them close their eyes and try to picture it... they listen better that way ...

                                                My favorites are Cinnamon bear-jack benny- X minus One- most SyFy.. and Lights out...ohh and The Shadow..

                                                Sue

                                                --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "Debiannj" <debiannj2@...> wrote:

                                                > I agree. I was a member here a long time ago when the distros were pretty active as was my friend, Randy Robinson. We left for a while, and I came back after he passed away in January of 2009. I haven't been very active because of family and other issues, and I also didn't know who was still here. I remember a lot of you - especially Becky.
                                                >
                                                > I still think my favorite was one I got in a distro from here I think, WhiteHall 1212. My next favorite is the Black Museum. But I want to introduce my 8 year old grandson to the genre. I'm not sure if he'll go for it with movies and all, but who knows?
                                                >
                                                > Debi Jarrell

                                              • Susan
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Oct 9, 2010
                                                  Hi to the gals,
                                                  I'm also Sue. I grew up on radio but turned to TV when radio only pushed the latest music singles. I have a huge collection. All the Lux, Benny; most of Our Miss Brooks, Fibber & Molly, Burns & Allen, and Phil Harris. I've a nightly routine that always includes an episode before nodding off.

                                                  Not old radio, but, I do enjoy The News From Lake Woebegon and I've started collecting it.
                                                  sue

                                                  My kids grew up with no TV... We played OTR and the kids loved it.. It use to come on at 8PM.. but now it comes on at Midnight...

                                                  my kids are now into tv.. but when I have it on they still listen to it..(They are from 17-31 years) Have them close their eyes and try to picture it... they listen better that way ...

                                                  My favorites are Cinnamon bear-jack benny- X minus One- most SyFy.. and Lights out...ohh  and The Shadow..

                                                  Sue

                                                  --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "Debiannj" <debiannj2@...> wrote:

                                                  > I agree.  I was a member here a long time ago when the distros were pretty active as was my friend, Randy Robinson.  We left for a while, and I came back after he passed away in January of 2009.  I haven't been very active because of family and other issues, and I also didn't know who was still here.  I remember a lot of you - especially Becky.
                                                  >
                                                  > I still think my favorite was one I got in a distro from here I think, WhiteHall 1212.  My next favorite is the Black Museum.  But I want to introduce my 8 year old grandson to the genre.  I'm not sure if he'll go for it with movies and all, but who knows?
                                                  >
                                                  > Debi Jarrell

                                                  <*> Your email settings:
                                                      Individual Email | Traditional

                                                  <*> To change settings online go to: