re Bold Venture

  • gyialca
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 29, 2010
      I'm posting a link to my Multiply site for anyone that would like to have all 56 episodes of Bold Venture. That is the current number of different episodes that has been made available so far.

      www.artatoldotr.multiply.com

      For those of you not familiar with Multiply, there is a trick to downloading mp3 files. Here's the instructions.

      Regarding Multiply Downloading.... This fix seems to work rapidly.

      For this to work, you just need to install a downloader. Orbit Downloader works.

      Here it is: http://dl.orbitdownloader.com/dl/OrbitDownloaderSetup.exe it's free, no adware and it's easy to use)

      1) download the playlist from the Multiply site by right mouse clicking and save as .txt file
      2) Open TXT file and copy the URL you want to download. Open Orbit
      3) Click File->Import List of Downloads Change file type to .txt Select .txt file you have just downloaded.
      4) A box opens and says Choose the URL you want to download
      4) select the file Click OK Wait to download to finish. You can select multiple files.

      Go to folder you have downloaded to and move the file to the folder you want to keep it in.

      I have just finished testing this whole procedure out and it works fine. Took about two minutes to download 20 MB.

      Hope this helps. It takes a little more than before, but until they change it back to the way that it was, this will work.

      Best Regards

      Gerry
    • KEITH GLOSTER
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 29, 2010
        "Hope this helps. It takes a little more than before, but until they change it back to the way that it was, this will work.

        "

        Useless to Mac users !

      • singjai108
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 31, 2010
          Gerry,

          I'm having problems with these directions. By the numbers...
          1) "Download the playlist by right-clicking..." Just what am I clicking on?
          4) "Select the file..." All the items look like website components, not audio files. It appears I clicked on the wrong item in #1.

          Can you help me? Thanks.

          Mike

          --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, gyialca <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > I'm posting a link to my Multiply site for anyone that would like to have all 56 episodes of Bold Venture. That is the current number of different episodes that has been made available so far.
          >
          > www.artatoldotr.multiply.com
          >
          > For those of you not familiar with Multiply, there is a trick to downloading mp3 files. Here's the instructions.
          >
          > Regarding Multiply Downloading.... This fix seems to work rapidly.
          >
          > For this to work, you just need to install a downloader. Orbit Downloader works.
          >
          > Here it is: http://dl.orbitdownloader.com/dl/OrbitDownloaderSetup.exe it's free, no adware and it's easy to use)
          >
          > 1) download the playlist from the Multiply site by right mouse clicking and save as .txt file
          > 2) Open TXT file and copy the URL you want to download. Open Orbit
          > 3) Click File->Import List of Downloads Change file type to .txt Select .txt file you have just downloaded.
          > 4) A box opens and says Choose the URL you want to download
          > 4) select the file Click OK Wait to download to finish. You can select multiple files.
          >
          > Go to folder you have downloaded to and move the file to the folder you want to keep it in.
          >
          > I have just finished testing this whole procedure out and it works fine. Took about two minutes to download 20 MB.
          >
          > Hope this helps. It takes a little more than before, but until they change it back to the way that it was, this will work.
          >
          > Best Regards
          >
          > Gerry

        • gyialca
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 31, 2010
            First to answer a question about downloading on Multiply, you have to become a member. (Free)

            Then follow the instructions that I gave and click on the shows that you want to download. At the bottom of the list,after the episodes are listed individually, you will see "Play this playlist" Save this as a .txt file, or if you use Orbit Downloader, as an .olt file. Open your downloader and import this file as the url you want to download, and everything should work smoothly.

            If you are still having problems, you should be able to pick up all the episodes at the following site....

            http://otrarchive.blogspot.com/2009/09/bold-venture.html

            Robert(Calfkiller) is the person that alerted us to all these new episodes and I have just tried to help pass them around.

            After 10 years of membership, I regret to say that I will be leaving the group at the end of the month.

            I have enjoyed my stay here and have met many wonderful people from all over the world, but I find that with 3 grandchildren now, I just don't have the time that I used to have to pursue my hobby.

            We still listen to a bout 3 hours a day of OTR, but it's the collection, assembling, and burning that I don't have the time for.

            I wish you all well and I will miss you. This is one of the first groups I joined back in 2000.

            Best regards

            Gerry
          • Heather
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 31, 2010
              I seen Blondie on the list at first, but I've tried to find it again at your site and can't! UHG!

              Could you send me a link to your Blondie episodes?

              BTW, love your site! Do you have some form of graphic that I can use on my blog to link back to your multiply site?

              Heather

[...]

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:

            • singjai108
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 31, 2010
                I had joined Multiply, actually. I tried again. Did nothing different
                that I recall. Got the episodes though. Thanks very much. Wish it
                didn't require a special downloader though.