Re: [OTRMP3] trying to identify a show

  • ML
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 18, 2010
      Well... actually I am.

      --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, old_radios <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Well maybe you should be a writer then.. it sounded like a great plot.
      > :-)
      >
      > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "ML" <yahoo@> wrote:
      > >
      > > No I don't. It was one of those half asleep things. I'm starting to wonder if I dreamed the whole thing.
      > >

      > > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, old_radios <no_reply@> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Do you remember who was streaming the show? You may be able to email the person with the time/date.
      > > >
      > > > I would like to hear it, sounds interesting.

    • Vincente Tobias
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 18, 2010
        Aha! I thought so!!
        I am tempted ask: what were you smoking?  LOL
        It does sound like a great plot.
        Vince

        On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 12:13 PM, ML <yahoo@...> wrote:

        Well... actually I am.

        --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, old_radios <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > Well maybe you should be a writer then.. it sounded like a great plot.
        > :-)

      • Matthew
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 19, 2010
          --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "ML" <yahoo@...> wrote:

          > So, most nights when I go to bed I turn on my iPhone, start my Shoutcast app and listen to some OTR, comedy or sometimes the crazy conspiracy people on Coast to Coast.
          >
          > A few weeks ago I got part of an episode of OTR that intrigued me. I'd like to find out what it so I can find it and listen to the whole thing. It was the middle of the night so I don't really remember much but...
          >
          > A guy wakes up in a hospital in Asia somewhere. The doctors tell him he stumbled in a few days ago. When they ask him what the date is, he's off by eight years. His last memory was eight years ago in that area of Asia.
          >
          > I believe at this point he realizes his wife is back in the States so he goes back but I think no one knows who he is (I was falling back asleep here so this could be all wrong or I may have heard bits of more than one show and merged them in my mind).
          >
          > I think it may have been an episode of Escape. I know there isn't much to go on here but does anyone have any idea of what show and episode this is?
          >
          > Mitch

          It might have been "He Who Rides the Tiger," an Escape episode from March 12, 1949. Here is a overview of that episode with download link:
          <http://www.escape-suspense.com/2010/04/escape-he-who-rides-the-tiger.html>
        • ML
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 19, 2010
            This looks interesting, I'm going to listen to it. I don't think this is it though. I distinctly remember that after he awoke, he went home to the states to find his wife.