NEW OTR BEING PRODUCED

  • Daryl
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2010
      IF you are interested classic OTR shows wether listening to them or voice acting in them then this radio theater group may just be for you. American Radio Theater in Seattle, Washington has been recreating classic OTR for several years now (along with creating a bit of modern era audio drama as well.) Twice a year talented folks from around the country gather together to make the past come to life again. They will be doing so again this weekend (June 5,6). Though it's probably too late to be part of this event they will be hosting another one in November. If you're interested in might be worth checking out.

      Their website is being reconstructed so not every page is operational but this comes from their HOME page.

      http://www.americanradiotheater.org/

      American Radio Theater (ART) is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting the creative art and technical craft of audio theater. We are based in Seattle, Washington, but have members across the United States and across the globe.
      We give lost stories from the days of Old Time Radio (OTR) a new voice, as many radio shows no longer have recordings.
      We write, and present new radio plays, using traditional radio production techniques as exemplified by radio networks in the 1930s, 1940s, and 1950s.
      In an effort to remain close to the roots of OTR we frequently invite members of our extended family of Old Time Radio veterans to participate in our productions. These individuals bring with them unique and valued perspective, skills, techniques and experiences unique to this art form.
      Through public education, participation, performance, and scholarship we strive to create a new tradition of audio theater while staying true to the roots of Radio Theater's past.

      That's the news for now!

      Daryl