Bruce/Rathbone "The Blue Carbuncle"

  • royfarmer420
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2009
      Hi everyone,
      First of all this is my first post so I just wanted to say hi to everyone out there. I am a long-time collector and fan of OTR, particularly Sherlock Holmes episodes. One episode that I have been looking for is the 1944-12-25 "The Blue Carbuncle" episode, starring Nigel Bruce and Basil Rathbone. I have pretty much all of the other Holmes/Watson actors doing this story, but have longed to hear Bruce and Rathbone's rendition. Does anyone out there have this episode to trade or otherwise could anyone point me somewhere where I would find this episode?

      Thanks,
      Scott
    • gyialca
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 11, 2009
        Hi Scott:
        To the best of my knowledge, this episode has not survived by Rathbone/Bruce.

        I'd love to have it as well.

        Best Regards

        Gerry

        --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "royfarmer420" <royfarmer420@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        > First of all this is my first post so I just wanted to say hi to everyone out there. I am a long-time collector and fan of OTR, particularly Sherlock Holmes episodes. One episode that I have been looking for is the 1944-12-25 "The Blue Carbuncle" episode, starring Nigel Bruce and Basil Rathbone.
      • Daryl M.
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 11, 2009
          I'll second that statement. I don't believe this episode survived. I've hoped for years that someone would discover more of this great duos shows but it appears that the handful that are available is all there is left. The Blue Carbuncle is not one of them.

          Daryl