Verbatim unbranded (silver shiny) 8x DVD+R @ Microcenter

  • Robert M. Bratcher Jr.
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2009
      Microcenter has 100 pack Verbatim DVD+R 8x for $19.95

      <http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0315395>http://www.microcenter.com/single_produc...duct_id=0315395

      The discs are silver shiny, say nothing about Verbatim on the white
      label or on the discs themselves although not only do they have a
      valid Verb mid code (MCC003) but the DVDInfopro tests I just got were great!!

      Now whether you consider $19.95 to be a good price for them is up to
      you. I was in the store to get a Western Digital My Book 1 terrabyte
      external usb drive & saw a big table of these 8x disc spindles in the
      middle of the store not too far from the CD & DVD media. So I picked
      one up & brought it home for the usual testing. Looks fine with a
      sharpie & burns great at both 4 & 8x. I'm going to burn one at 1x in
      my Magnavox standalone DVD recorder & I'm fairly sure the DVDInfopro
      test results will be good also. I only wish it was silver or white
      inkjet printable!! Oh well, I'll use them up anyway....
    • Robert M. Bratcher Jr.
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2009
        I hope members of the group didn't mind me posting about those discs.
        They seem to be authentic (but unbranded) Verbatim DVDR's from my
        burn & scan tests. Even though they test great (as a Verb disc
        should) I've decided to use them in the Magnavox DVD recorder thats
        hooked up to my cable DVR instead in the computer so you won't see
        any from me unless I pass one on that was received from another
        member. Honestly, they don't seem to be junk discs.....