We Found Them!

  • cliffpearson@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2009
      Everyone,

      My brother and his family have been located. They are stranded in Billings, Montana. We still don't have all the details but their truck broke down and someone has, somehow, emptied their bank account and they are completely broke and have no money for gas or food.

      We are trying to get them some money to get them home. But, folks, they are OK and are coming home soon.

      I want to thank you all for your concern and your help, and a special thanks to the Canadians on here. Your RCMP is truly an excellent resource for your nation, and were a huge help to us -- they coordinated with American authorities and led the investigation and were ultimately able to find them.

      Thanks again for all the concern and help.

      Relieved,

      - Cliff Pearson
    • Rick Roberts
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 3, 2009
        So nice to have a story like this that has a happy ending. Thanks for letting us know.

        Sipseywilderness

        --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "cliffpearson@..." <cliffpearson@...> wrote:

        > Everyone,
        >
        > My brother and his family have been located. They are stranded in Billings, Montana. We still don't have all the details but their truck broke down and someone has, somehow, emptied their bank account and they are completely broke and have no money for gas or food.
        >
        > We are trying to get them some money to get them home. But, folks, they are OK and are coming home soon.
        >
        > I want to thank you all for your concern and your help, and a special thanks to the Canadians on here. Your RCMP is truly an excellent resource for your nation, and were a huge help to us -- they coordinated with American authorities and led the investigation and were ultimately able to find them.
        >
        > Thanks again for all the concern and help.
        >
        > Relieved,
        >
        > - Cliff Pearson

      • Becky Petersen
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 3, 2009
          Glad to hear that you found them! Wow. I have relative sin MT! My dad is
          from there...

          Becky

          _____

          My brother and his family have been located.

          17:53:00

        • Joe Mackey
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 4, 2009
            Cliff wrote --

            > My brother and his family have been located.

            YAY. Really glad to hear this.
            Joe
          • billapostol
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 4, 2009
              hi,

              i'm very happy that you found them!

              you mentioned that their money all gone. was it lost through cyberfraud? if so, they need to report it to the local leo's (law enforcement officrs) that have jurisdicion, as well as the FBI. the FBI has jurisdiction in matters of cyber fraud as well as bank theft. they like you to make a report to whomever has local jurisdiction first... then immediately, make a report to the fbi (http//WWW.FBI.GOV )

              my paypal accont was cleaned out over the weekend and i was confident that they would reimburse me promptly until i received and email from someone telling me that they have been fighting the same thing for some time.

              i the money was lost through a credit/debit or online bank access, have them file a dispute through them too.

              i know nothing about you or your stranded relatives, but suspect that if they or you are regulars here, you might be able to raise enough money from the otr family here to get them on their way. they might also ask local churches and organization such as goodwill for a little help.

              i'm completely wiped out, or i would be happy to pitch in to help them.

              have they been able to get their truck repaired? my experence is that god always provides (through his people, normally). i was on my way back from taking the kids to washington dc for a few days... my transmission broke down (the input shaft sheared in two) and we found a mechanic that took great care of us, charging us what we could afford and working with his mechanic until 1am to make sure that we could be back on the road the next day.

              you might think of asking for paypal donations to get them back on the road. tell us what they need to accomplish that and see how fast people help out. there may even be a group member nearby that can help them out. you never know!

              hope that this can help!

              tennesseebill

              --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "cliffpearson@..." <cliffpearson@...> wrote:

              > Everyone,
              >
              > My brother and his family have been located. They are stranded in Billings, Montana. We still don't have all the details but their truck broke down and someone has, somehow, emptied their bank account and they are completely broke and have no money for gas or food.
              >
              > We are trying to get them some money to get them home. But, folks, they are OK and are coming home soon.
              >
              > I want to thank you all for your concern and your help, and a special thanks to the Canadians on here. Your RCMP is truly an excellent resource for your nation, and were a huge help to us -- they coordinated with American authorities and led the investigation and were ultimately able to find them.
              >
              > Thanks again for all the concern and help.
              >
              > Relieved,
              >
              > - Cliff Pearson

            • Cliff Pearson
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 5, 2009
                Hi Bill,

                Thanks for your concern and support.

                1. I haven't spoken directly to my brother yet, my mother has, so all
                the information I have is from him via her. My brother is so embarrassed
                and upset that he doesn't want to talk to anyone about it, so I have
                left him alone. (He really doesn't need to be embarrassed, things
                happen. We're just glad he's OK and is coming home.)

                From what I gather, the money was taken from someone in Alaska, and he
                was "bouncing" his ATM/debit card throughout Canada and his bank never
                bothered to notify him or alert him. He was literally in the middle of
                nowhere when suddenly his bank account registered a $700 negative
                balance. My mom said my brother thinks the money was taken by a crooked
                real estate agent who was involved in trying to sell the house they left
                behind in Alaska. I'm not sure what makes him think this.

                2. I don't know who my brother has reported his situation to other than
                the bank. I do know that the bank is full of bureaucrats who are giving
                him the run-around and he is in no place to be arguing, he has to make
                it home.

                3. I'm really sorry to hear someone once ripped of your PayPal account.
                My brother is very much a regular of the OTR world. I'm more an old
                movies type but I like OTR too, just not as much as my brother. I really
                very much appreciate the offer for help, but right now they have money
                to get home on. We've wired them enough gas and motel money to get them
                home. They are going to move into the house they've already paid the
                first month's rent and deposits on, and our other brother and some
                relatives are going to help him get food. Phil's house is on the market
                and should be sold soon, and when it is, he'll have plenty of money.
                It's just a matter of time.

                Thanks again,

                - Cliff