Re: Variants in MB

  • billapostol
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2009
      hi,

      the other replies mostly hit the nail on the head. there was a situation, a few years back, where someone (or some people) who were taking low bitrate files and resampling them into high bitrate files.

      it didn't improve the sound quality, just made the files larger. i just figured that it was someone who sold the files and wanted to make it seem like they were a higher quality encode than other people had.

      if you like 'your's truly, johnny dollar', i have two 'sets' of the series on my otr download site, one is the 'standard' quality and one set has been edited to remove much of the noise and improve sound quality. i don't remember the name of the person who cleaned up all of those shows, but his name and a link to his blog is on my site along with the shows he cleaned up.

      i also have many episodes of 'escape' in high quality... the file size is significantly larger than the 'standard' bit rate files (standard and hi quality are relative terms.. the high quality escape files are high quality)

      feel free to help yourself at http://TennesseeBillsOTR.com . there's a free download manager on the download page (if you don't have one already) to make it easier to download complete series. download all you like... there are a few people, every month, that download all my files. there's over 400 gigs to choose from.

      you can also find otr files to download at http://OtrShareAndTrade.com/shares/ there's some real gems there from people that want to share their otr files with the world. if any one else would like to post their collections to share, drop me an email (i can't guarantee that i will see a message here.) let me know what name you want as your share, and i'll set up a subdomain for you and send you the ftp info. you are free to upload as many shows as you like.

      my goal is to enable as many people that wish to share their passion for old time radio with the world, so i am offering space, bandwith and tools like forums, blogs, photo albums, flash video player, flash mp3 player... anything you might want or need for free. my sites get indexed by google at least twice a day, so people can find your files.

      you can publicize the link to your subdomain and if you want any stats for your site, just email me and i'll look them up and send them to you.

      tennesseebill