Re: [OTRMP3] Re: looking for british pre 1946 otr

  • nl4045
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 21, 2008
      Lovely site!
      Just started listening to a few of the recordings and goodness me, it swings!
      I'll be dancing to that music (in 1930s clothing) one of these days!
      Thank you for sharing!

      with regards,

      Jo

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 22, 2008
        Yes, it's the same Marion Harris. Sometimes it gets mis-spelled
        as "Marian". (Tallulah Bankhead used "Marian" in her
        autobiography.)

        I have all of Marion's commercially-issued records on cassette,
        but am of course interested in her British radio work.

        Marion appeared on a number of NBC programs of the late 1920s and
        early 1930s, and had her own NBC late night program circa 1930, which
        keeps the matter on-topic for the OTR lists.

        Sincerely,

        George Wagner
        georgewagner@...