[OTRMP3] Re: Milestone shows

  • kturnerga
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 30, 2008
      I heard the WBAP cuts on Reelradio- both a bulk of the ten hours and
      the one-hour composite. I wonder if the ten-hour tapes were
      complete. They alluded to "more on that bulletin" (sic) but the first
      bulletin wasn't heard. I'd love to get hold of an uncut tape of
      11/22/63 (something besides KLIF.)

      Oh and Neal don't forget two things; one is that few recordings were
      made of live radio until the late Twenties. Second, the John Daly
      Pearl Harbor "bulletin" is another fraud to look for. Read Liz
      McLeod's writings on this.

      Thanks
      KT
      --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Neal Ellis <bstenor@...>
      wrote:

      > Just two comments.
      >

      > 1. There is much more radio material available of the Kennedy
      > Assassination than WBAP. There is at least 36 hours of coverage
      from
      > WLW Cinncinatti, plus many hours from KRLD Dallas, and KLIF Dallas,
      not
      > to mention recordings from WCBS-FM, WTIC Hartford, WGN Chicago.
      >
      > 2. The Hindenburg was not acutally broadcast "live". The recording
      > was played (in part) the next day on NBC Blue. It was a recorded
      > acutality.
      >

      > --- George Wagner <georgewagner@...> wrote:
      >

      > > Of surviving broadcasts I'd pick:
      > >
      > > 1. 1927. Lindbergh returns to the U. S. A.
      > >
      > > 2. 1933. FDR's First Inaugural. (Please note that I'm a
      > > Republican.)
      > >
      > > 3. 1937. Hindburg disaster.
      > >
      > > 4. 1938. Orson Welles' "War of the Worlds" broadcast.
      > >
      > > 5. 1941. Pearl Habor Day plus the day following.
      > >
      > > 6. 1945. V-J Day (which basically lasted two days).
      > >
      > > Other things I'd like to list, such as the launcing of the
      first

      > > space satellites and the assassination of President John F.
      Kennedy
      > > were primarily carried on television. (Although of the Kennedy
      > > tragedy
      > > there is approximately 20 hours from WBAP, Fort Worth, alone,
      > > starting
      > > five or so hour BEFORE the assassination.)
      > >
      > > Please note that the KDKA "broadcast" supposedly from
      November,