Re: To All

  • Rick Roberts
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 7, 2008
      Hi Vince

      I'll be happy to let you folks know.

      I did get a short message from him thru his brother today...so that
      was good news....when he gets out of icu and into a room I have been
      given a cell numeber to call him so I'll keep you posted.

      Rick

      --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "Vincente Tobias"
      <vincenteca@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for this, Rick. I have known (on line) Dwane for almost as
      long and
      > have always experienced him as a gentleman, a gentle man, and a
      caring
      > friend. How can one let him know we are with him? Will you tell us
      when he
      > is out of intensive care, please?
      > Vince
      >
      > On 6/7/08, Rick Roberts <rickrob@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'd like to ask you folks to say a prayer for my friend
      > > .... Dwane Harney. He is in intensive care and has been since
      > > Monday...hes got a long road ahead of him. Dwanes been my friend
      for
      > > about 10yrs now and I've known him longer than anyone else I know
      > > online.....even tho I've never met him in person friends... like
      him
      > > come no better. Many of you here know him. As a matter of fact I
      > > believe this is the group we met on. Please take a moment.
      > >
      > > Thankyou
      > > Rick(Sipseywilderness)

      t<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13oib26ig/M=493064.12016259.12445666.996
      3301/D=groups/S=1705851308:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1212856325/L=/B=QqJLAUJe5FM-
      /J=1212849125512420/A=5008815/R=0/SIG=10sulld0b/*http://starwars.yahoo
      .com/>

      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 8, 2008
        Hi Rick,

        Thanks for letting us know about one of our OTR fellows. Dwane is a
        great guy. I wish him well.

        Do you think there is something we can do as a group to cheer him up?
        Cards?

        Pat

        --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Roberts"
        <rickrob@...> wrote:

        > I'd like to ask you folks to say a prayer for my friend
        > .... Dwane Harney. He is in intensive care and has been since
        > Monday...hes got a long road ahead of him. Dwanes been my friend for
        > about 10yrs now and I've known him longer than anyone else I know
        > online.....even tho I've never met him in person friends... like him
        > come no better. Many of you here know him. As a matter of fact I
        > believe this is the group we met on. Please take a moment.
        >
        > Thankyou
        > Rick(Sipseywilderness)

      • Rick Roberts
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 9, 2008
          Hi Pat

          I'm not even sure of the address of the hospital but he will see
          these messages...just 5 minutes ago I received an email from him from
          his brothers laptop as he is now in a room so that is good news...a
          week in icu couldn't have been good. Dwane has helped so many on this
          group over the years I thought you folks would want to know.He did
          say he wouldn't be checking email for awhile...think that one message
          was about all he had in him this morning.

          Best
          Sipsey

          --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, old_radios <no_reply@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi Rick,
          >
          > Thanks for letting us know about one of our OTR fellows. Dwane is a
          > great guy. I wish him well.
          >
          > Do you think there is something we can do as a group to cheer him
          up?
          > Cards?
          >
          > Pat
          >

          > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Roberts"
          > <rickrob@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I'd like to ask you folks to say a prayer for my friend
          > > .... Dwane Harney. He is in intensive care and has been since
          > > Monday...hes got a long road ahead of him. Dwanes been my friend
          for
          > > about 10yrs now and I've known him longer than anyone else I know
          > > online.....even tho I've never met him in person friends... like
          him
          > > come no better. Many of you here know him. As a matter of fact I
          > > believe this is the group we met on. Please take a moment.
          > >
          > > Thankyou
          > > Rick(Sipseywilderness)

        • Dean Sweatman
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 9, 2008
            Good news sipsey

            Give him out best wishes.

            <rickrob@...> wrote:

            > Hi Pat
            >
            > I'm not even sure of the address of the hospital but he will see
            > these messages...just 5 minutes ago I received an email from him
            from
            > his brothers laptop as he is now in a room so that is good news...a
            > week in icu couldn't have been good. Dwane has helped so many on
            this
            > group over the years I thought you folks would want to know.He did
            > say he wouldn't be checking email for awhile...think that one
            message
            > was about all he had in him this morning.
            >
            > Best
            > Sipsey
            >
            > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, old_radios <no_reply@>
            > wrote:
            > >

            > > Hi Rick,
            > >
            > > Thanks for letting us know about one of our OTR fellows. Dwane is
            > > great guy. I wish him well.
            > >
            > > Do you think there is something we can do as a group to cheer him
            > up?
            > > Cards?
            > >
            > > Pat
            > >

            > > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Roberts"
            > > <rickrob@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I'd like to ask you folks to say a prayer for my friend
            > > > .... Dwane Harney. He is in intensive care and has been since
            > > > Monday...hes got a long road ahead of him. Dwanes been my
            friend
            > for
            > > > about 10yrs now and I've known him longer than anyone else I
            know
            > > > online.....even tho I've never met him in person friends...
            like
            > him
            > > > come no better. Many of you here know him. As a matter of fact
            > > > believe this is the group we met on. Please take a moment.
            > > >
            > > > Thankyou
            > > > Rick(Sipseywilderness)

          • Dwane Harney
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 18, 2008
              I would like to thank everyone for the prayers and kind words while I
              was in the hospital. I had surgery on June 2 and got to come home on
              June 12.

              I still need your prayers as I'm still recovering. Although I'm better
              than when I came home, I'm still weak.

              Thanks,
              Dwane Harney

              <rickrob@...> wrote:

              > I'd like to ask you folks to say a prayer for my friend
              > .... Dwane Harney. He is in intensive care and has been since
              > Monday...hes got a long road ahead of him. Dwanes been my friend for
              > about 10yrs now and I've known him longer than anyone else I know
              > online.....even tho I've never met him in person friends... like him
              > come no better. Many of you here know him. As a matter of fact I
              > believe this is the group we met on. Please take a moment.
              >
              > Thankyou
              > Rick(Sipseywilderness)
            • Becky Petersen
              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 2, 2008
                Me too. He's been MOST helpful. What happened? We can send him cards. I'll
                have to see if his name is in the database.or is that in this group? I get
                so confused!

                Becky in Poland

                _____

                --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@ <mailto:oldradioshowsonmp3%40yahoogroups.com>
                <rickrob@...> wrote:

                > I'd like to ask you folks to say a prayer for my friend
                > .... Dwane Harney. He is in intensive care and has been since
                > Monday...hes got a long road ahead of him. Dwanes been my friend for
                > about 10yrs now and I've known him longer than anyone else I know
                > online.....even tho I've never met him in person friends... like him
                > come no better. Many of you here know him. As a matter of fact I
                > believe this is the group we met on. Please take a moment.
                >
                > Thankyou
                > Rick(Sipseywilderness)

              • robert robertson
                Message 7 of 16 , Oct 2, 2008
                  -I  wish him vwell
                  robert a old time radio fan

                  <rickrob@... > wrote:

                  > I'd like to ask you folks to say a prayer for my friend
                  > .... Dwane Harney. He is in intensive care and has been since
                  > Monday...hes got a long road ahead of him. Dwanes been my friend for
                  > about 10yrs now and I've known him longer than anyone else I know
                  > online.....even tho I've never met him in person friends... like him
                  > come no better. Many of you here know him. As a matter of fact I
                  > believe this is the group we met on. Please take a moment.
                  >
                  > Thankyou
                  > Rick(Sipseywilderne ss)

                • dallas_1_00
                  Message 8 of 16 , Oct 2, 2008
                    Sorry to hear about this, im new to the group but he will be in my
                    thoughts.

                    Will
                  • Dwane Harney
                    Message 9 of 16 , Oct 3, 2008
                      I've recovered from my surgery real well. Thanks to everyone who has
                      been concerned about me.

                      Dwane

                      --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "Becky Petersen"
                      <Becky@...> wrote:

                      > Me too. He's been MOST helpful. What happened? We can send him
                      cards. I'll
                      > have to see if his name is in the database.or is that in this
                      group? I get
                      > so confused!
                      >

                      > Becky in Poland
                    • Dean Sweatman
                      Message 10 of 16 , Oct 3, 2008
                        Message 11 of 16 , Oct 3, 2008
                          Dwane, I don't know you, or more correctly I didn't before, but I
                          DID pray for you. You're OTR and that's immediate family.

                          Sincerely,

                          George Wagner
                          georgewagner@...
                        • Rick Roberts
                          Message 12 of 16 , Oct 4, 2008
                            Hi George

                            Your post shows what this group is all about....this has been the
                            attitude of most folks in this group since I first came here 5/28/01.
                            People care. Great group Pat.

                            Best
                            Sipseywilderness

                            --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "George Wagner"

                            Message 13 of 16 , Oct 4, 2008
                              Dwane! Glad you're back and feeling better.
                              Take care of yourself... Pat

                              --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "Dwane Harney"