trivia

  • orzobino
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 28, 2008
      what radio show actually started on tv first?
    • Neal Ellis
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 28, 2008
        There were more than one but you are most likely thinking about Have
        Gun Will Travel.

        --- orzobino <orzobino@...> wrote:

        > what radio show actually started on tv first?

        Neal Ellis
        Old Time Radio On MP3

        www.oldtimeradioonmp3.com
        Vintage TV and Radio News
        www.newsondvd.com
      • SAM
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 28, 2008
          HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL

          orzobino wrote:

          > what radio show actually started on tv first?

        • woody_woodward
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 28, 2008
            In addition to "Have Gun Will Travel", "My Little Margie", and "Space
            Patrol" come to mind. "Twilight Zone" is on radio now.

            Woody
            --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "orzobino" <orzobino@...>

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 28, 2008
              in watching the pbs pioneers of tv game shows they talked about radio
              game shows and I wonder why sirius radio doesnt put those on more,,in
              fact Im not sure Ive heard anything other than a truth or cons,,,a few
              times...
            • Vincente Tobias
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 28, 2008
                I don't know if this really counts, but there was a tv quiz show called "The
                64,000$ question" that became so popular that CBS put it on the radio as
                well. The only problem was that the show was on at 10pm East Coast time and
                recorded and telecast also at 10 pm West Coast time. However, the radio
                version was direct and so was broadcast at 7 pm West Coast time. I remember
                being a smart-alec kid and knowing all the answers when my parents watched
                the tv version at 10 pm (in Los Angeles) but I had already listened to the
                radio broadcast at 7pm. LOL
                Vince

                On 1/28/08, orzobino <orzobino@...> wrote:

                > what radio show actually started on tv first?

              • string man
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 28, 2008
                  My Little Margie

                  orzobino <orzobino@...> wrote: what radio show actually started on tv first?

                • Dwane Harney
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 1, 2008
                    Here's a webpage that lists several shows that were on both radio and
                    television:

                    http://www.old-time.com/misc/transit.html

                    Dwane