New members listen to this

  • Rick Roberts
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 26, 2007
      Hello otr lovers...especially new folks to otr

      Want to let you know that I have an otr Yahoo group who distros
      (distributes) otr for free..if you can follow the rules all you have
      to do is sign up for the ones offered and then (at times) copy and
      send on the the other folks...on down the line. We do most on dvd but
      not all. If you don't have a dvd burner and just a cd burner we can
      work around you and still include you in on the distro.

      So far we have done around 210 distros in 15 months. And now would
      be a good time to get in...2 current distros going..and one is a
      rerun of our early stuff. A little bit for everyone..otr...some
      ntr..some free public domain audiobooks....who knows what will be
      next.Draw the line at videos tho..not on this group.

      Mentioned following the rules...be nice...ship your stuff if you are
      a shipper on that particular disto within 3 days of receiving and be
      available to read the posts on group everyday so you will know if
      anything new arises...thats about it...only cost is for discs and
      postage.

      Great way for new folks to get otr.

      There are many otr groups out there that distro..this is just one.

      Sometimes it gets lost in the messages that there are lots of folks
      out there willing to give this stuff away to new folks to otr just
      for the love of the old shows.

      Best
      Rick Roberts
    • Paul Mannering
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 26, 2007
        Is the list open to non US residents? Given the additional costs of overseas
        shipping?

        Yes - if they are willing to ship back?
        No - it's too expensive and not enough of you xenos out there to make it
        worthwhile?

        --
        paul@...
        www.brokensea.com Guerrilla Audio

      • Rick Roberts
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 26, 2007
          Guess I'm getting otr of the brain...left the link off to our group.

          Here it is....hope to see you there.

          Best
          Rick

          --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Roberts"
          <rickrob@...> wrote:

          > Hello otr lovers...especially new folks to otr
          >
          > Want to let you know that I have an otr Yahoo group who distros
          > (distributes) otr for free..if you can follow the rules all you
          have
          > to do is sign up for the ones offered and then (at times) copy and
          > send on the the other folks...on down the line. We do most on dvd
          but
          > not all. If you don't have a dvd burner and just a cd burner we can
          > work around you and still include you in on the distro.
          >
          > So far we have done around 210 distros in 15 months. And now would
          > be a good time to get in...2 current distros going..and one is a
          > rerun of our early stuff. A little bit for everyone..otr...some
          > ntr..some free public domain audiobooks....who knows what will be
          > next.Draw the line at videos tho..not on this group.
          >
          > Mentioned following the rules...be nice...ship your stuff if you
          are
          > a shipper on that particular disto within 3 days of receiving and
          be
          > available to read the posts on group everyday so you will know if
          > anything new arises...thats about it...only cost is for discs and
          > postage.
          >
          > Great way for new folks to get otr.
          >
          > There are many otr groups out there that distro..this is just one.
          >
          > Sometimes it gets lost in the messages that there are lots of folks
          > out there willing to give this stuff away to new folks to otr just
          > for the love of the old shows.
          >
          > Best
          > Rick Roberts

        • Rick Roberts
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 26, 2007
            Open to everyone...we have folks in Australia/South
            Africa/England/Wales/Ireland/Canada...seems like somewhere else but
            it escapes me right now..oh yes..Germany........we don't make folks
            in the US ship to another overseas country and then you send back
            here but you might have to send to another country.....try to make it
            as cost effective as I can.

            Best
            Rick

            --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Mannering"

            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 26, 2007
              Sounds great, Im in New Zealand so shipping to Australia is not too
              expensive.

              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 26, 2007
                Already had 2 emails...one joined to check it out..the other gave
                what I would have done several years ago..a good question.....What do
                I get out of it? Nothing...would be nice if I did..;-)...just still
                remember how hard it was to build a collection of otr fast those many
                years ago...joined this great and best otr discussion group of Pats
                5/28/2001. And wanted to give back to the new folks as so many did
                for me..not hunting up members...already have about 3 times as many
                as I was hoping for but just want the new folks to otr to know they
                have a place to go to get shows fast if they can't download them on
                broadband themselves...if they can find them. Nothing in it for me
                but frustration at times. Check it out..if you don't like it ...don't
                follow the rules you receive and I'll delete you in 4 days if you
                havn't left already.

                <rickrob@...> wrote:

                > Hello otr lovers...especially new folks to otr
                >
                > Want to let you know that I have an otr Yahoo group who distros
                > (distributes) otr for free..if you can follow the rules all you
                have
                > to do is sign up for the ones offered and then (at times) copy and
                > send on the the other folks...on down the line. We do most on dvd
                but
                > not all. If you don't have a dvd burner and just a cd burner we can
                > work around you and still include you in on the distro.
                >
                > So far we have done around 210 distros in 15 months. And now would
                > be a good time to get in...2 current distros going..and one is a
                > rerun of our early stuff. A little bit for everyone..otr...some
                > ntr..some free public domain audiobooks....who knows what will be
                > next.Draw the line at videos tho..not on this group.
                >
                > Mentioned following the rules...be nice...ship your stuff if you
                are
                > a shipper on that particular disto within 3 days of receiving and
                be
                > available to read the posts on group everyday so you will know if
                > anything new arises...thats about it...only cost is for discs and
                > postage.
                >
                > Great way for new folks to get otr.
                >
                > There are many otr groups out there that distro..this is just one.
                >
                > Sometimes it gets lost in the messages that there are lots of folks
                > out there willing to give this stuff away to new folks to otr just
                > for the love of the old shows.
                >
                > Best
                > Rick Roberts

              • schaltraum
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 27, 2007
                  Rick's Group is a Thumbs Up Group.

                  And, especially for you folks outside the US, it is a wonderful
                  opportunity to get into the spirit of acquiring OTR.

                  I speak from experience - and it has all been a great rock solid
                  experience.

                  Schalti in Berlin
                • Glen Zeigler
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 27, 2007
                    Rick, Just wanted to let you know I enjoy this group and find it a good source
                    of OTR programs I use for my nightime stream programming.

                    While I am writing, can you provide anyinfo on where I can rent, borrow , purchase or
                    otherwise procure ORIGINAL recording, ie transcription, tape, lp etc of radio shows.
                    It is easier to clean up an lp or tape than to clean up an mp3. I generally clean
                    OTR shows up via adobe audition to make them sound reasonably good.

                    Would appreciate any infor you can provide

                    Also, looking for Halloween flavored shows any info on that? glen

                    <rickrob@...> wrote:

                    > Hello otr lovers...especially new folks to otr
                    >
                    > Want to let you know that I have an otr Yahoo group who distros
                    > (distributes) otr for free..if you can follow the rules all you
                    have
                    > to do is sign up for the ones offered and then (at times) copy and
                    > send on the the other folks...on down the line. We do most on dvd
                    but
                    > not all. If you don't have a dvd burner and just a cd burner we can
                    > work around you and still include you in on the distro.
                    >
                    > So far we have done around 210 distros in 15 months. And now would
                    > be a good time to get in...2 current distros going..and one is a
                    > rerun of our early stuff. A little bit for everyone..otr...some
                    > ntr..some free public domain audiobooks....who knows what will be
                    > next.Draw the line at videos tho..not on this group.
                    >
                    > Mentioned following the rules...be nice...ship your stuff if you
                    are
                    > a shipper on that particular disto within 3 days of receiving and
                    be
                    > available to read the posts on group everyday so you will know if
                    > anything new arises...thats about it...only cost is for discs and
                    > postage.
                    >
                    > Great way for new folks to get otr.
                    >
                    > There are many otr groups out there that distro..this is just one.
                    >
                    > Sometimes it gets lost in the messages that there are lots of folks
                    > out there willing to give this stuff away to new folks to otr just
                    > for the love of the old shows.
                    >
                    > Best
                    > Rick Roberts

                  • Rick Roberts
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 27, 2007
                      Hi Glen

                      Wish I could help you but come up with nothing in what you
                      wish....there are many others here on this group more able to help
                      you out on this one than I am...sorry. Wish I was sitting on a few
                      hundred thousand transcription discs tho..;-)

                      Best
                      Rick

                      --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Glen Zeigler
                      <glen_zeigler@...> wrote:

> [...]
                      > > rerun of our early stuff. A little bit for everyone..otr...some
                      > > ntr..some free public domain audiobooks....who knows what will be
                      > > next.Draw the line at videos tho..not on this group.
                      > >
                      > > Mentioned following the rules...be nice...ship your stuff if you
                      > are
                      > > a shipper on that particular disto within 3 days of receiving and
                      > be
                      > > available to read the posts on group everyday so you will know if
                      > > anything new arises...thats about it...only cost is for discs and
                      > > postage.
                      > >
                      > > Great way for new folks to get otr.
                      > >
                      > > There are many otr groups out there that distro..this is just one.
                      > >
                      > > Sometimes it gets lost in the messages that there are lots of
                      folks
                      > > out there willing to give this stuff away to new folks to otr

                    • Dwane Harney
                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 28, 2007
                        Glen,
                        The First Generation Radio Archives sale transcription discs:

                        http://www.radioarchives.org/DiscsForSale.htm
                        http://www.radioarchives.org/DiscAuction.htm

                        You can sometimes find transcriptions on eBay too, but I wouldn't by
                        MP3s there.

                        Dwane Harney

                        <glen_zeigler@...> wrote:

                        > Rick, Just wanted to let you know I enjoy this group and find it a
                        good source
                        > of OTR programs I use for my nightime stream programming.
                        >
                        > While I am writing, can you provide anyinfo on where I can rent,
                        borrow , purchase or
                        > otherwise procure ORIGINAL recording, ie transcription, tape, lp
                        etc of radio shows.
                        > It is easier to clean up an lp or tape than to clean up an
                        mp3. I generally clean
                        > OTR shows up via adobe audition to make them sound reasonably
                        good.

                        > Would appreciate any infor you can provide
                        >
                        > Also, looking for Halloween flavored shows any info on that?
                        glen
                      • Ron
                        Message 11 of 15 , Sep 28, 2007
                          > follow the rules you receive and I'll delete you in 4 days if you
                          > havn't left already.
                          >
                          > Best
                          > Rick

                          HE WILL TOO!!!!!!

                        • Rick Roberts
                          Message 12 of 15 , Sep 28, 2007
                            Well that was worded badly....should have been....Follow the rules you
                            receive and if you don't comply you will be removed. No smart alecks or
                            group disturbers allowed. We want to make it a fun place not a venue
                            for your neighborhood nuts.

                            Best
                            Rick

                            --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Ron <rrhostler@...> wrote:

                            > > follow the rules you receive and I'll delete you in 4 days if you
                            > > havn't left already.
                            > >
                            > > Best
                            > > Rick
                            >
                            > HE WILL TOO!!!!!!

                          • Robert M. Bratcher Jr.
                            Message 13 of 15 , Sep 29, 2007
                              At 12:13 AM 9/29/2007, you wrote:

                              > > follow the rules you receive and I'll delete you in 4 days if you
                              > > havn't left already.
                              > >
                              > > Best
                              > > Rick
                              >
                              >HE WILL TOO!!!!!!

                              He meant follow the rules you receive or I'll delete you in 4 days
                              (for rules not followed) if you haven't left already. Oh & I don't
                              belong to his group since I'm not a newbie OTR collector.....
                            • Rick Roberts
                              Message 14 of 15 , Sep 29, 2007
                                Actually we have a lots of older folks since we are offering
                                Bestencodes newly encoded to mp3 shows.....after the 3 month waiting
                                period that is. Bestencode is a small but dedicated group Gordon
                                Whitman runs...the members pool a little money to encode to mp3 shows
                                that arn't out there yet. Gordons group is probably one of the best
                                groups out there.

                                Rick

                                --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "Robert M. Bratcher Jr."

                                Message 15 of 15 , Sep 30, 2007
                                  At 03:10 PM 9/29/2007, you wrote:

                                  >Actually we have a lots of older folks since we are offering
                                  >Bestencodes newly encoded to mp3 shows.....after the 3 month waiting
                                  >period that is. Bestencode is a small but dedicated group Gordon
                                  >Whitman runs...the members pool a little money to encode to mp3 shows
                                  >that arn't out there yet. Gordons group is probably one of the best
                                  >groups out there.
                                  >
                                  >Rick

                                  Oh, well I belong to enough groups for now however I do wish his
                                  group the best of luck!