Re: Your first brush with OTR?

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 24 , Sep 15, 2007
      Pat,
      I suppose, I am among the younger members. Really, just ten years
      difference or so.

      Yes, the CBS Radio Mystery Theater, was my first exposure to old radio.

      Also, not directly related, but, I always enjoyed talk radio.
      I remember at 6, listening to the Joe Pine show. Maybe I didn't
      completely understand the political discussions, but, there is
      something special about sitting in the dark, on a summer night,
      listening to the world, through radio voices.

      I think like reading, radio leaves more to one's own imagination, than
      does video and TV.

      Mark

      --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, old_radios <no_reply@...>
      wrote:

      > I was wondering what first got you into Old Time Radio? Was it a show
      > you heard when you were young on a nostalgia show like "when Radio
      > Was"? Is it that you were around when radio shows were the main
      > entertainment and you still love the shows?
      >
      > I know a lot of younger members probably first heard OTR on a
      > satellite channel (ironic, isn't it?) or by hearing CBS Radio Mystery
      > Theater at night.
      >

      > Pat

    • Rick Roberts
      Message 2 of 24 , Sep 15, 2007
        Hi Pat

        Mine was being a comic book fan in the mid 60s and getting some of the
        early fanzines done then...saw an ad for a place that had my other
        favorite subject....science fiction..on 5 in reel to reels...some
        strange thing from radio called X Minus One and Dimension One...shows
        done on radio..what that? All I could pick up on my transistor was the
        Beatles.....got a few and was hooled...sadly my allowance at the time
        didn't offer me the chance to get many..but I would pour over the
        catalog looking at the titles...I never forgot..then mp3s and the whole
        otr world was open to me...shortly afterward finding this group...my
        first Yahoo group. I do remember going thru some of my grandparents old
        newspapers(depression generation..they threw away very little) and
        seeing the radio listings...wow..I just missed the tail end of
        it..actually being born in 53 I probably heard some shows live but just
        don't remember them..

        Best
        Sipsey

        wrote:

        > I was wondering what first got you into Old Time Radio? Was it a show
        > you heard when you were young on a nostalgia show like "when Radio
        > Was"? Is it that you were around when radio shows were the main
        > entertainment and you still love the shows?
        >
        > I know a lot of younger members probably first heard OTR on a
        > satellite channel (ironic, isn't it?) or by hearing CBS Radio Mystery
        > Theater at night.
        >

        > Pat

      • Larry Maupin
        Message 3 of 24 , Sep 15, 2007
          I'm old enough to remember a lot of OTR shows from
          back when they were first being broadcast, but my
          first brush as an adult came in 1983. I obtained the
          addresses of ten OTR dealers and wrote them asking for
          catalogs. All ten responded, but other things in life
          took precedence and I didn't get back to OTR for a
          long time.

          In the fall of 2000, I was cleaning out my basement
          and found a paper bag containing everything the
          dealers had sent me seventeen years earlier. The bag
          and its contents had survived two changes of
          residence. So I wrote all ten dealers again. Four or
          five replied, and I placed orders with three of them,
          becoming a very steady customer of one for several
          years. Also I soon discovered Radio Spirits and
          SPERDVAC, which have been sources of a great many
          shows for me.

          So I missed out on seventeen years of enjoying this
          wonderful pastime. Late to dinner, you might say.
          But I made it in time for the main course, which has
          been fit for a king!

          Larry

          --- old_radios <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          > I was wondering what first got you into Old Time
          > Radio? Was it a show
          > you heard when you were young on a nostalgia show
          > like "when Radio
          > Was"? Is it that you were around when radio shows
          > were the main
          > entertainment and you still love the shows?
          >
          > I know a lot of younger members probably first heard
          > OTR on a
          > satellite channel (ironic, isn't it?) or by hearing
          > CBS Radio Mystery
          > Theater at night.
          >

          > Pat

        • Robert M. Bratcher Jr.
          Message 4 of 24 , Sep 15, 2007
            At 09:31 AM 9/15/2007, you wrote:

            >I was wondering what first got you into Old Time Radio? Was it a show
            >you heard when you were young on a nostalgia show like "when Radio
            >Was"? Is it that you were around when radio shows were the main
            >entertainment and you still love the shows?
            >
            >I know a lot of younger members probably first heard OTR on a
            >satellite channel (ironic, isn't it?) or by hearing CBS Radio Mystery
            >Theater at night.
            >
            >Pat

            It was either Radio Mystery Theater or a cassette tape I bought in a
            store during the 1970's.
          • Doug
            Message 5 of 24 , Sep 15, 2007
              old_radios wrote:
              > I was wondering what first got you into Old Time Radio? Was it a show
              > you heard when you were young on a nostalgia show like "when Radio
              > Was"? Is it that you were around when radio shows were the main
              > entertainment and you still love the shows?
              >
              > I know a lot of younger members probably first heard OTR on a
              > satellite channel (ironic, isn't it?) or by hearing CBS Radio Mystery
              > Theater at night.
              >

              > Pat

              What got me into OTR, hmm I can't remember. :) Ah, I just remembered, I
              started looking for Audio drama because I got an mp3 player and I just
              didn't care for music on it. Than I started a search to see if there was
              audio drama that I could use, on my bus trip to work I would liek
              stories better.

              At first I just searched first I just started looking for Fan Fiction of
              Star Trek and I found a ton load. Than I ran across OTR on some site and
              instantly loved it. I've been listening to OTR ever since. I always have
              loved the good old days I even get the magazine by that title. I mostly
              have OTR on my mp3 player there is so much. My favorite is all of it. :)

              Doug
            • uncledugley
              Message 6 of 24 , Sep 16, 2007
                In the early 80s I happened on a NPR Program called "The Incredible
                Adventures of Jack Flanders". I could not wait until the following week
                to hear what happened to Jack. One late evening I was listening to "The
                Larry King Radio Show" when he had a guest from SPERVAC telling of their
                organization - I joined - and the rest is history.

                Bob
              • Jasper Frost
                Message 7 of 24 , Sep 16, 2007
                  wrote:

                  > I was wondering what first got you into Old Time Radio? Was it a show
                  > you heard when you were young on a nostalgia show like "when Radio
                  > Was"? Is it that you were around when radio shows were the main
                  > entertainment and you still love the shows?
                  >
                  > I know a lot of younger members probably first heard OTR on a
                  > satellite channel (ironic, isn't it?) or by hearing CBS Radio Mystery
                  > Theater at night.
                  >

                  > Pat

                  Mine: Was staying with my aunt and uncle. He had some tapes of the
                  Shadow show, and I got into listening to them. Fell in love with
                  these shows, and started to investigate radio shows in general. Love
                  all of them, but my all time top favorites would be:
                  1. the Shadow
                  2. X-Minus-One
                  3. Charlie Chan
                  4. The Avenger
                  5. The Blue Beatle.
                  Good Question.
                  Thanks for your time.
                  Jasper
                • GEORGIA WRIGHT
                  Message 8 of 24 , Sep 16, 2007
                    My first intro to OTR was about 30 years ago. A friend loaned me an LP of Sherlock Holmes radio shows. I didn't know where to find other shows until about 10 years later I found a cassett tape of The Shadow shows. I found a couple of companies who sold OTR and was able to buy a few more tapes. Now that OTR is on the internet I am discovering more and more shows. I enjoy listening to OTR so much!!
                    Georgia

                  • Charles Bryant
                    Message 9 of 24 , Sep 16, 2007
                      My first experience with OTR was 30+ years ago. WJOY, in Burlington,
                      VT, used to run OTR at 7:15AM during weekday mornings. It was a great
                      way to start the morning! Normally, it was The Lone Ranger or The Green
                      Hornet (two of my still-favorites). Oddly, I don't recall any of the
                      comedy shows.
                    • richard jessen
                      Message 10 of 24 , Sep 16, 2007
                        I must admit to being a late comer to old time radio. I first joined up, like everyone did at the time, with Radio Yesteryear which was spearheaded by a fellow named Goldin who was called "the man who saved old time radio." I had a bad run-in with the man recently and will not discuss this with anyone. I purchased the LP's he had, then went away for personal problems I was going through at the time which are too horrible to mention publicly.
                        Then I got involved again in the middle 1980s again with Radio Yesteryear and an outfit which was run by a ventriloquist and went crazy over "Gunsmoke." That was over with until about three years ago when I looked and went into the Net to find out who would have the shows. Although I personally would love to hear more of the music programs than the average collector, reality hits in with the cruel fact that even trading is full of sharks and that the most inviting items musically speaking are always used as bait for people such as myself.
                        My personal library is now really huge yet I would still love to hear more of the music of the era. Shows like "Big City Serenade,""Americana<" and others are among those wanted but probably will never hear at all. What is the saying..."There's always a reason for not getting what you want."
                        Richard

                        Charles Bryant <nachtswerg@...> wrote:
                        My first experience with OTR was 30+ years ago. WJOY, in Burlington,
                        VT, used to run OTR at 7:15AM during weekday mornings. It was a great
                        way to start the morning! Normally, it was The Lone Ranger or The Green
                        Hornet (two of my still-favorites). Oddly, I don't recall any of the
                        comedy shows.

                      • Paul Manuel
                        Message 11 of 24 , Sep 16, 2007
                          --- old_radios <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                          > I know a lot of younger members probably first heard OTR on a
                          > satellite channel (ironic, isn't it?) or by hearing CBS Radio Mystery
                          > Theater at night.

                          I know that a lot of group members like the CBS Radio Mystery Theatre, but
                          that show gave me the impression that I would NOT like OTR.

                          I was 20 years old and working at a radio station. Part of my job was to
                          put the Mystery Theatre on the air each night. I now know the two reasons
                          I did not like it...I was young, and it was an hour long.

                          When I got my XM radio and discovered true OTR episodes, I was delighted
                          to find they are generally 30 minutes in length. That's the perfect time
                          frame for "Theatre of the Mind," in my opinion, and I now have many shows
                          I enjoy.--Paul M.

                          Got a little couch potato?
                        • Bill and Sue-On Hillman
                          Message 12 of 24 , Sep 16, 2007
                            I have fond memories of listening to radio shows in the late '40s and '50s
                            before TV. Our family would gather around the large living room set and
                            listen to shows in the evening - Jack Benny, Edgar Bergen, Lux Theatre etc.
                            . . . and the radio would be on all day, tuned in to breakfast shows, soaps,
                            CBC and live music. After school I looked forward to the adventure shows
                            such as The Lone Ranger, Sergeant Preston, Suspense, Sky King, Tom Corbett,
                            X-One, Dimension X, Gene Autry, etc.

                            A particular favourite was Tarzan and I went on to persue my love of the
                            creations of Edgar Rice Burroughs. Later in an ERB fanzine I saw an ad for
                            77 episodes of the 1932 Tarzan serial which I purchased and I then went on
                            to trade this for thousands more shows on reel-to-reel tapes in the '60s.
                            http://www.erbzine.com/mag0/0011.html
                            I later met the stars of that radio series in Tarzana, CA and this added to
                            the excitement of the hobby.

                            Later, during some of our music tours during which we did many promotional
                            interviews at radio stations I added many hundreds of ETs to my collection.
                            Now with the ease of collecting via MP3s on the Internet I will probably
                            leave my old reels and discs in storage rather than starting the massive
                            task of dubbing to a digital format.

                            Bill Hillman
                            Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
                            www.HillmanWeb.com
                            Webmaster and Editor for the Official Edgar Rice Burroughs Websites and
                            Webzines:
                            www.ERBzine.com
                            www.Tarzan.com
                          • Joe Mackey
                            Message 13 of 24 , Sep 16, 2007
                              Pat queried --

                              > I was wondering what first got you into Old Time Radio?

                              The one-eyed monster arrived in my family's living room in 1948, the
                              second tv sold here. This was some months before the station even went
                              on the air. So, growing up in the '50s it was tv, not radio. Radio was
                              forgotten about by my family. I do recall passing through the kitchen
                              as a kid and my mother listening to some washboard weeper.
                              I was sorry I had missed radio and believed it was over and gone.
                              Since it was all live, it was lost. (I had no idea of ETs, air checks,
                              etc). I read about the old stars and of course many of them were on tv
                              at one time or another (Benny, Durante, Lucy, etc), so I knew them more
                              from tv than radio.
                              In the '60s and 70s I would catch a odd show or two every now and
                              then. (CBSRMT was in the middle of the night and usually some station
                              so distant it couldn't be listened to for the static). In the early
                              '80s a local AM sometimes played otr shows on Sunday evenings, but not
                              on any regular schedule it seemed. Some Sunday nights they had it, some
                              they didn't.
                              In the mid-80s When Radio Was popped up on a station from 5-6. I
                              invested in a dual cassette radio and started collecting. Later that
                              was changed from 9-10 a.m. so I invested in a radio with dual cassette
                              and a clock and 120 tapes...)
                              In the late '80s I was online and on Quantum Link. There was a OTR
                              forum and began to learn more and found out about SPERDVAC and joined
                              right away and really started collecting. A few years later I found out
                              about ORCA and raided that library.
                              In the late '90s otr started popping up on the Net. I downloaded
                              those shows, but no CD burner, so I taped the shows off the HD. It
                              wasn't until the early 2000's I figured .mp3 was here to stay and was
                              collecting like mad. There were FTP sites that came and went and in '01
                              I went on cable, mostly for fast d/l of shows, since a popular ftp site
                              may or not be there tomorrow. I also started getting more selective.
                              Instead of getting as many shows as possible I started working on
                              various series and getting all those shows.
                              From catching a show every now and then I now have 1000s of shows on
                              hundreds of CDs.
                              Now the table has turned in my case and the boob tube is forgotten
                              and again radio reigns! I have many of my shows arranged by the day
                              they originally aired so shows that were on Monday are listened to on
                              Monday, Tuesday's shows on Tuesday, etc. I don't have time for the
                              one-eye monster any longer... :)
                              Joe

                              --
                              Visit my homepage: http://members.tripod.com/~HomeSweetHomepage/index.html
                            • datten10@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 24 , Sep 16, 2007
                                Hello,

                                I know I haven't had much to say, mostly I read and learn. And with dial up
                                I can't really download all the fine programs I read about, but I use ebay.
                                And can sometimes listen to online radio stations like bbc7.

                                My first brush with OTR was in the early 70's. I went to a garage sale with
                                my mom and bought an old am radio about the size of a shoe box. If I put it
                                in my bedroom window and didn't move around it too much I could get a couple
                                of stations in. One played the Lone Ranger on Sunday nights. In the 90's I
                                discovered that they had some old radio shows in the upstairs of the library
                                that they would go find if you asked. Now with the internet I can buy whole
                                series at a time. Since they are all new to me, I love them. My dad will
                                listen to them in my car with me when we go for groceries and I know that he
                                won't mind waiting a bit if I have to run into a craft store. He just listens
                                while I'm gone and loves it. Now if I could just get him to actually turn
                                on his computer and listen to some of my cds.

                                Melinda

                              • Rick Roberts
                                Message 15 of 24 , Sep 16, 2007
                                  Lots of folks love this show but its never been on my favorite
                                  lists...I did listen to some live at the time but wasn't all that
                                  thrilled with it. It is otr that hooked me..Ntr just wasn't the same.

                                  Best
                                  Sipsey

                                  --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Paul Manuel <k4pdm@...>

                                  ______________
                                  > Got a little couch potato?
                                  > http://search.yahoo.com/search?
                                  fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz

                                • Rick Roberts
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Sep 16, 2007
                                    Great story. You may have eps others don't since they are reel to
                                    reel..there are a few Yahoo groups who encode new shows from
                                    tape...in other words..shows that are not on mp3 yet...you might want
                                    to donate to them. Gordon Whitman runs one that I know of and OTRR
                                    another...you might wish to contact them if you decide to get rid of
                                    them.

                                    Best
                                    Sipsey

                                    --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "Bill and Sue-On Hillman"
                                    <hillmans@...> wrote:

                                    > I have fond memories of listening to radio shows in the late '40s
                                    and '50s
                                    > before TV. Our family would gather around the large living room set
                                    and
                                    > listen to shows in the evening - Jack Benny, Edgar Bergen, Lux
                                    Theatre etc.
                                    > . . . and the radio would be on all day, tuned in to breakfast
                                    shows, soaps,
                                    > CBC and live music. After school I looked forward to the adventure
                                    shows
                                    > such as The Lone Ranger, Sergeant Preston, Suspense, Sky King, Tom
                                    Corbett,
                                    > X-One, Dimension X, Gene Autry, etc.
                                    >
                                    > A particular favourite was Tarzan and I went on to persue my love
                                    of the
                                    > creations of Edgar Rice Burroughs. Later in an ERB fanzine I saw an
                                    ad for
                                    > 77 episodes of the 1932 Tarzan serial which I purchased and I then
                                    went on
                                    > to trade this for thousands more shows on reel-to-reel tapes in
                                    the '60s.
                                    > http://www.erbzine.com/mag0/0011.html
                                    > I later met the stars of that radio series in Tarzana, CA and this
                                    added to
                                    > the excitement of the hobby.
                                    >
                                    > Later, during some of our music tours during which we did many
                                    promotional
                                    > interviews at radio stations I added many hundreds of ETs to my
                                    collection.
                                    > Now with the ease of collecting via MP3s on the Internet I will
                                    probably
                                    > leave my old reels and discs in storage rather than starting the
                                    massive
                                    > task of dubbing to a digital format.
                                    >
                                    > Bill Hillman
                                    > Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
                                    > www.HillmanWeb.com
                                    > Webmaster and Editor for the Official Edgar Rice Burroughs Websites
                                    and
                                    > Webzines:
                                    > www.ERBzine.com
                                    > www.Tarzan.com

                                  • Rick Roberts
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Sep 16, 2007
                                      Hi

                                      Love all these great stories....I'm on dialup also but don't let that
                                      throw you off...I have thousands I've downloaded...if you just do one
                                      at a time youd be surprised how many youll have within a few months.
                                      There are a lot of folks who will trade with you without having to
                                      buy them..just ask the group. There are also otr distro groups where
                                      you can get discs full of them if you just have a burner to copy the
                                      discs.

                                      Best
                                      Sipsey

                                      -- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, datten10@... wrote:

                                      > Hello,
                                      >
                                      > I know I haven't had much to say, mostly I read and learn. And
                                      with dial up
                                      > I can't really download all the fine programs I read about, but I
                                      use ebay.
                                      > And can sometimes listen to online radio stations like bbc7.
                                      >
                                      > My first brush with OTR was in the early 70's. I went to a garage
                                      sale with
                                      > my mom and bought an old am radio about the size of a shoe box.
                                      If I put it
                                      > in my bedroom window and didn't move around it too much I could
                                      get a couple
                                      > of stations in. One played the Lone Ranger on Sunday nights. In
                                      the 90's I
                                      > discovered that they had some old radio shows in the upstairs of
                                      the library
                                      > that they would go find if you asked. Now with the internet I can
                                      buy whole
                                      > series at a time. Since they are all new to me, I love them. My
                                      dad will
                                      > listen to them in my car with me when we go for groceries and I
                                      know that he
                                      > won't mind waiting a bit if I have to run into a craft store. He
                                      just listens
                                      > while I'm gone and loves it. Now if I could just get him to
                                      actually turn
                                      > on his computer and listen to some of my cds.
                                      >
                                      > Melinda

                                    • Dwane Harney
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Sep 16, 2007
                                        I first started listening to radio shows when I was twelve years old
                                        on Victor Ives' "The Golden Age of Radio Theatre" in 1984. It was
                                        broadcast Monday through Friday at 11:00 PM on KRPT 103.7 FM in
                                        Anadarko, Oklahoma, a station that is no longer on the air.

                                        I would record the radio shows onto cassette tape. After becoming
                                        interested in OTR, I would sometimes scan the radio for OTR and
                                        during the 1980's I listened to radio shows on the following
                                        stations while in Oklahoma:

                                        KRPT 103.7 FM Anadarko, OK
                                        KOMA 1520 AM Oklahoma City, OK
                                        KTOK 1000 AM Oklahoma City, OK [only The Campbell Playhouse]
                                        WBBM 780 AM Chicago, IL
                                        KFEQ 680 AM Saint Joseph, MO
                                        KCMO 710 AM Kansas City, MO
                                        KOA 850 AM Denver, CO
                                        KNX 1070 AM Los Angeles, CA [reception wasn't too good]

                                        A lot of the shows that I listened to on "The Golden Age of Radio
                                        Theatre" are special to me, because they are the first I heard. This
                                        includes "Fibber McGee & Molly", "X Minus One", "Dimension X", "The
                                        Great Gildersleeve", "The Hall of Fantasy", "The Life of
                                        Riley", "Night Beat", "Screen Director's Playhouse", and other
                                        shows. However, when I found Chuck Schaden's "Those Were the Days"
                                        on WBBM, it was really nice to hear some shows from other series. I
                                        think I first heard "Gunsmoke" and "Six Shooter" on "Those Were the
                                        Days".

                                        In addition to listening on the radio, I also checked out a few
                                        cassettes at the library, but I don't think they had very many at
                                        the library I went to.

                                        Before listening to OTR, when I was a little child, I listened to
                                        some stories on record. One of them was this:

                                        It's Howdy Doody Time!
                                        LSP-4546(e)

                                        Side 1
                                        It's Howdy Doody Time
                                        Howdy Doody's Do's and Don'ts

                                        Side 2
                                        Howdy Doody's Magic Juke Box

                                        I don't know if that record was made from television audio or not,
                                        but I listened to it off of a record.

                                        Dwane Harney
                                      • markdickerson2002
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Sep 17, 2007
                                          I remember hearing CBS Radio Mystery Theater in the summer of 1974. I
                                          don't remember what station it was (we were visiting my father &
                                          stepmother in Wichita, KS, at the time). We really like the first
                                          episode we heard (something about a car being driven by a guy in a
                                          skull mask, or something like that), so we listened for a while
                                          afterward. Unfortunately, the rest of the shows were disappointments,
                                          so we gave up listening.

                                          Then about a year later, station KFAB in Omaha started playing "real"
                                          OTR on Sunday afternoons. Usually "Fibber McGee & Molly" and one other
                                          radio show. That's when I fell in love with OTR, probably because it
                                          was something I just missed out on being a part of (I was born in '59).

                                          wrote:

                                          > I was wondering what first got you into Old Time Radio? Was it a show
                                          > you heard when you were young on a nostalgia show like "when Radio
                                          > Was"? Is it that you were around when radio shows were the main
                                          > entertainment and you still love the shows?
                                          >
                                          > I know a lot of younger members probably first heard OTR on a
                                          > satellite channel (ironic, isn't it?) or by hearing CBS Radio Mystery
                                          > Theater at night.
                                          >

                                          > Pat

                                        • N D Saabirjohnson
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Sep 18, 2007
                                            We use to have a station that played books-on-tape on Saturday nights.
                                            One night I could not find them. So I tried to find them on the
                                            computer. No luck, but I did find a website that played OTR (did not
                                            know what it was then). Started listening and have not stopped.

                                            wrote:

                                            > I was wondering what first got you into Old Time Radio? Was it a show
                                            > you heard when you were young on a nostalgia show like "when Radio
                                            > Was"? Is it that you were around when radio shows were the main
                                            > entertainment and you still love the shows?
                                            >
                                            > I know a lot of younger members probably first heard OTR on a
                                            > satellite channel (ironic, isn't it?) or by hearing CBS Radio Mystery
                                            > Theater at night.
                                            >

                                            > Pat

                                          • Ron
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Sep 18, 2007
                                              Well Pat,
                                              I grew up with TV. I can't really remember being without one. The first
                                              one I remember was a 'Hoffman'. However, we would take a lot of one-day auto
                                              trips. On the way home after dark, I would always be laying on the back seat
                                              sleeping..........I don't think so.....but my parents thought so. They would
                                              have the car radio on and I would lay there listening to wonderful old
                                              shows. I remember the Shadow, the Whistler, & the Lone Ranger, to mention a
                                              few. Then as an adult, I found that a local radio station, KSFO, would
                                              broadcast the Stan Freeberg & Radio Spirits on weekday evenings for an hour,
                                              starting at 9:00 PM. For a while where ever I was at 9 PM, I would go out to
                                              the car and listen to it. Anyway after I set up here with the computer, I
                                              discovered streaming. KSFO had gone off the air, or so I thought. Actually
                                              they had move across the bay and were now on FM. I couldn't receive their
                                              signal from here but they were web streaming. It was great until they
                                              disappeared. But I also discovered other streaming sites and Yahoo Groups.
                                              Now I collect distros, download and listen to OTR all the time.
                                              Ron Stueck.....
                                              --
                                              Write if the mood strikes.....