Was The Real McCoys on radio?

  • Dwane Harney
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2007
      On the Internet Archive, there is an MP3 that says it's the radio
      version of The Real McCoys:

      http://www.archive.org/details/TheRealMccoys

      Was this really on radio or is this the audio track from the TV
      series? I couldn't find The Real McCoys listed in John Dunning's On
      the Air: The Encyclopedia of Old-Time Radio.

      Thanks,
      Dwane Harney
    • Susan
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2007
        The Internet Archive says, "Grampa Sells His Gun
        adapted for radio aired on October 24, 1957." So while
        it's a radio program, it's really the tv show.
        HTH

        --- Dwane Harney <dwane413@...> wrote:

        > On the Internet Archive, there is an MP3 that says
        > it's the radio
        > version of The Real McCoys:
        >
        > http://www.archive.org/details/TheRealMccoys
        >
        > Was this really on radio or is this the audio track
        > from the TV
        > series? I couldn't find The Real McCoys listed in
        > John Dunning's On
        > the Air: The Encyclopedia of Old-Time Radio.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Dwane Harney
        >

        > If for some reason, you feel this group is not for
        > you, you can easily unsubscribe from it by sending
        > an email to:
        >
        > But we'll miss you.
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > (Yahoo! ID required)

        mailto:oldradioshowsonmp3-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/
      • richard jessen
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2007
          Dear Everyone,
          This is a mystery. But what this most likely is is a sound recording taken from television. I seem to remember that TNN used to run these before they became Spike TV. At the very end is heard the electronic music which Viacom used for a long time for their syndicated programs. The sound is not very good and resembles a film which was run one too many times and the deterioration shows. This is not a radio broadcast on AFRS but just one more cassette recording from tv.
          Yours truly,
          Richard

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1, 2007
            First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who replied. Richard makes
            a very good point about the sound at the very end of the show. So I
            did some additional research on that.

            When that sound was being played on the TNN reruns, the screen
            said, "SFM Entertainment":

            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SFM_Entertainment

            I'm not good at listening to morse code. It goes to fast for me, but
            I loaded the MP3 into Audacity and the sounds at the end of
            this "radio show" is morse code for SFM (... ..-. --). As you can
            see here (screencap from Audacity):

            http://www.geocities.com/toys413/sfm/sfm.htm

            So I'm convinced that it is just the TV audio.

            Thanks again everyone,
            Dwane

            --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, richard jessen