[OTRMP3] Re: Comcast internet

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 8, 2007
      Yes, It would have been nice to notify first. I'll bet if you read the
      fine print carefully, you'll see something that says they have the
      right to discontinue service if abused. And the definition of "Abused"
      is left to their own discretion.

      Pat

      --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "Laura W"
      <bozzthegreat@...> wrote:

      > I was thinking the same thing except that if there is no written
      contract
      > then you would think they would give you a warning. Some notice
      before they
      > would discontinue service.
      >
      > Laura

      I will
      > > not use them again. They will not restore internet access for 12
      months
      > > this is outrageous. If you can switch to another provider do it.

    • jconn0403
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 8, 2007
        With the prospect of the general public purchasing movies over the internet becomming a
        reality folks will be reaching higher and higher limits. Comcast had better reassess and
        define their idea "abuse".

        john

        --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, old_radios <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > Yes, It would have been nice to notify first. I'll bet if you read the
        > fine print carefully, you'll see something that says they have the
        > right to discontinue service if abused. And the definition of "Abused"
        > is left to their own discretion.
        >

        > Pat
        >
        > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "Laura W"
        > <bozzthegreat@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I was thinking the same thing except that if there is no written
        > contract
        > > then you would think they would give you a warning. Some notice
        > before they
        > > would discontinue service.
        > >
        > > Laura

      • Laura W
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 8, 2007
          Probably. I don't have comcast so I wouldn't know about their fine print.
          I also do not download anywhere close to that amount of files. I have qwest
          DSL in the US and am very happy with it. :)

          Laura