Help.....Need your suggestions on a new DVD burner

  • Linda Parker
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 26, 2007
      Hi Everyone,

      I am planning on buying a new DVD burner this week and need suggestions from you. Something economical and good. Please let me know as soon as possible your suggestions.

      Thanks
      Linda Parker

      Linda

    • Robert M. Bratcher Jr.
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 27, 2007
        At 07:39 PM 6/26/2007, you wrote:

        >Hi Everyone,
        >
        >I am planning on buying a new DVD burner this week and need
        >suggestions from you. Something economical and good. Please let me
        >know as soon as possible your suggestions.
        >
        >Thanks
        >Linda Parker
        >
        >Linda

        Plexter 760 is a good one.
      • curtis_ballard
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 28, 2007
          I would suggest you avoid anything that comes from Samsung. If you
          are ordering one direct it would probably have the Samsung name on it
          but they sell drives under lots of other names as well. I prefer the
          HP drives which are usually made by some other company but I know they
          have to meet a minimum set of specs that direct sales drives from the
          same supplier don't.

          Curtis

          --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Linda Parker
          <sachlind1@...> wrote:

          > Hi Everyone,
          >
          > I am planning on buying a new DVD burner this week and need
          suggestions from you. Something economical and good. Please let me
          know as soon as possible your suggestions.

          > Thanks
          > Linda Parker
          >

          > Linda

        • Rick Roberts
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 28, 2007
            Best one I've ever owned was an NEC..still using it and has lasted
            longer than any others.

            Sipseywilderness

            <sachlind1@...> wrote:

            > Hi Everyone,
            >
            > I am planning on buying a new DVD burner this week and need
            suggestions from you. Something economical and good. Please let me
            know as soon as possible your suggestions.

            > Thanks
            > Linda Parker
            >

            > Linda

          • Joe Mackey
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 29, 2007
              Rick Roberts wrote --

              > Best one I've ever owned was an NEC

              I second that.
              I got one a couple of years ago, but it died after about 18 months
              service. Paid $44 for it off newegg.com.
              I November I got a replacment, this time only $33.
              At this rate in a few years they will be paying _me_ to take one. :)
              While the DVD part no longer plays/records, CD's are no problem and
              so its still used on a regular basis.
              Joe (who a few years ago paid $175 to have a new CD burner
              installed... Before I knew I could do it myself.)
            • Linda Parker
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 29, 2007
                Hi Rick,

                I remember your mentioning that you had a NEC the last time I was looking for a DVD burner. Is it the NEC brand or is it something like Sony NEC? The NEC DVD ND 3550A that I have won't read hardly anything. Any suggestins?

                Thanks
                Linda

                <sachlind1@...> wrote:

                > Hi Everyone,
                >
                > I am planning on buying a new DVD burner this week and need
                suggestions from you. Something economical and good. Please let me
                know as soon as possible your suggestions.

                > Thanks
                > Linda Parker
                >

                > Linda

                Linda

              • Rick Roberts
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 29, 2007
                  NEC DVD ND 3520A and reads everything....as long as it was burned
                  correctly. Never any problems.

                  Sipsey

                  <sachlind1@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Rick,
                  >
                  > I remember your mentioning that you had a NEC the last time I was
                  looking for a DVD burner. Is it the NEC brand or is it something
                  like Sony NEC? The NEC DVD ND 3550A that I have won't read hardly
                  anything. Any suggestins?

                  > Thanks
                  > Linda
                  >
                  > Rick Roberts <rickrob@...> wrote:
                  > Best one I've ever owned was an NEC..still using it and
                  has lasted
                  > longer than any others.
                  >
                  > Sipseywilderness
                  >
                  > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Linda Parker
                  > <sachlind1@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi Everyone,
                  > >
                  > > I am planning on buying a new DVD burner this week and need
                  > suggestions from you. Something economical and good. Please let me
                  > know as soon as possible your suggestions.
                  > >
                  > > Thanks
                  > > Linda Parker
                  > >

                  > > Linda

                  > Linda

                • Laura
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 29, 2007
                    Hello Rick. :-) I have a NEC 6500A. It delivers a great digital burn but
                    is very picky on media. I have read about flashing firmware to make it less
                    particular, however I am not brave enough to do it. I wish someone that
                    knew what they were doing would do it. ;) But as long as I can find media
                    that it likes, it is a great DVD burner. :D

                    Laura

                    _____

                    --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@ <mailto:oldradioshowsonmp3%40yahoogroups.com>