RE: [OTRMP3] Re: Free otr and otv

  • Scott Brick
    Message 1 of 15 , May 9, 2007
      I just wanted to take a moment to thank Rick for all the giveaways. When
      you factor in the time spent on these every week, plus the shipping charges
      spread out over the months (years?), it really adds up to a great deal that
      Rick has done to benefit the community. When I first got into OTR years
      ago, I despaired that future generations wouldn't be interested, that radio
      would pass away with the generation that first listened to it live. Because
      of people like Rick, it's going to be around forever.

      On behalf of new listeners everywhere, thank you so much.

      Best,

      Scott Brick

      _____

      Message 2 of 15 , May 10, 2007
        I'll second that. Rick has contributed a lot to the OTR community with
        his giveaways for people just starting out. Thanks for a job well done
        Mr. Rick!

        --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Brick" <scott@...>
        wrote:

        > I just wanted to take a moment to thank Rick for all the giveaways.
        When
        > you factor in the time spent on these every week, plus the shipping
        charges
        > spread out over the months (years?), it really adds up to a great
        deal that
        > Rick has done to benefit the community. When I first got into OTR years
        > ago, I despaired that future generations wouldn't be interested,
        that radio
        > would pass away with the generation that first listened to it live.
        Because
        > of people like Rick, it's going to be around forever.
        >

        > On behalf of new listeners everywhere, thank you so much.
        >

        > Best,
        >

        > Scott Brick
        >

        > _____

      • Mike and Becky Petersen
        Message 3 of 15 , May 10, 2007
          I agree. Hooray for Rick. You've been doing a great job for years. I think
          many, many people here got their first 1000 shows from you!

          Becky

          Becky Petersen
          www.family.solidrockpl.org

        • Rick Roberts
          Message 4 of 15 , May 10, 2007
            I expected it to be 6 kids by now...;-)

            Best
            Sipsey

            --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Mike and Becky Petersen
            <Becky@...> wrote:

            > I agree. Hooray for Rick. You've been doing a great job for years.
            I think
            > many, many people here got their first 1000 shows from you!
            >
            > Becky
            >
            > At 12:50 PM 5/10/2007 +0000, you wrote:
            >

            > >I'll second that. Rick has contributed a lot to the OTR community
            with
            > >his giveaways for people just starting out. Thanks for a job well
            done
            > >Mr. Rick!
            > >
            > >--- In
            > ><mailto:oldradioshowsonmp3%
            40yahoogroups.com>oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com,
            > >"Scott Brick" <scott@>
            > >wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I just wanted to take a moment to thank Rick for all the
            giveaways.
            > >When
            > > > you factor in the time spent on these every week, plus the
            shipping
            > >charges
            > > > spread out over the months (years?), it really adds up to a
            great
            > >deal that
            > > > Rick has done to benefit the community. When I first got into
            OTR years
            > > > ago, I despaired that future generations wouldn't be interested,
            > >that radio
            > > > would pass away with the generation that first listened to it
            live.
            > >Because
            > > > of people like Rick, it's going to be around forever.
            > > >

            > > > On behalf of new listeners everywhere, thank you so much.
            > > >

            > > > Best,
            > > >

            > > > Scott Brick
            > > >

            > > > _____

            > > <mailto:oldradioshowsonmp3%
            40yahoogroups.com>oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com

          • Rick Roberts
            Message 5 of 15 , May 10, 2007
              Hi

              Well I felt like I was accomplishing something and it made me feel
              good. Wish I could still do it...maybe someone will pick up the torch
              from where I left off. Thanks for the kind words.

              Best
              Sipsey

              wrote:

              > I just wanted to take a moment to thank Rick for all the
              giveaways. When
              > you factor in the time spent on these every week, plus the shipping
              charges
              > spread out over the months (years?), it really adds up to a great
              deal that
              > Rick has done to benefit the community. When I first got into OTR
              years
              > ago, I despaired that future generations wouldn't be interested,
              that radio
              > would pass away with the generation that first listened to it
              live. Because
              > of people like Rick, it's going to be around forever.
              >

              > On behalf of new listeners everywhere, thank you so much.
              >

              > Best,
              >

              > Scott Brick
              >

              > _____

            • Rick Roberts
              Message 6 of 15 , May 10, 2007
                Most of all ...thankyou for having me Pat...I'm not going anywhere as
                you know...just be lurking in the shadows.

                Best
                Sipsey

                --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, old_radios <no_reply@...>
                wrote:

                > I'll second that. Rick has contributed a lot to the OTR community
                with
                > his giveaways for people just starting out. Thanks for a job well
                done
                > Mr. Rick!
                >

                > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Brick" <scott@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > I just wanted to take a moment to thank Rick for all the
                giveaways.
                > When
                > > you factor in the time spent on these every week, plus the
                shipping
                > charges
                > > spread out over the months (years?), it really adds up to a great
                > deal that
                > > Rick has done to benefit the community. When I first got into
                OTR years
                > > ago, I despaired that future generations wouldn't be interested,
                > that radio
                > > would pass away with the generation that first listened to it
                live.
                > Because
                > > of people like Rick, it's going to be around forever.
                > >

                > > On behalf of new listeners everywhere, thank you so much.
                > >

                > > Best,
                > >

                > > Scott Brick
                > >

                > > _____

              • Mike and Becky Petersen
                Message 7 of 15 , May 10, 2007
                  Nope...I came into the otr after I had my 5th :)

                  And I've been listening to otr almost daily on my mp3 player...it really
                  does help me as I do my chores, cook, etc.

                  The postage costs from here have limited my giving as well. I think I've
                  gotten rid of most of my misc. cds, though I have a box of a kind of
                  archive. Postage used to be cheaper, but our dollar went down and postage
                  went up so that it is more expensive for me to send a letter from here to
                  the states than vice versa (it used to be cheaper from here.).

                  Becky

                  Becky Petersen
                  www.family.solidrockpl.org