Re: Old Time Radio Magazines

  • Jim Beshires
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2007
      Hi All,

      As you know, OTRR has an on-going project to make as many back issues
      of otr publications available on our website as possible. Many new
      ones have been added in the last month, with about two dozen more
      awaiting on links to them to be added. Additionally I have about 200
      more awaiting scanning to pdf files and uploading. This is a great
      asset for otr buffs.

      Many people have commented on how much they appreciate being able to
      review them and use them for researching otr. Now I know that many
      of you have back issues just lying around your house. If you have
      access to a scanner, why not begin scanning them into pdf files and e-
      mailing to me? We are listing the names of all donors on the site
      as 'patron's of the OTR Archival Library. This is a great way to
      make sure that they are available to future generations of collectors.

      Additionally some of you are collectors of the radio magazines from
      the 30s, 40s. and 50s. We'd love to have those as well.

      Now, I'm not asking you to drop everything you are doing and devote
      full time to scanning, but perhaps you could scan in one or two a
      week? That wouldn't take much time, and think what satisfaction
      you'll have at knowing you've helped preserve our otr heritage.

      Check out the site at www.otrr.com. and see the great variety we
      already have.

      Please consider this and take part in preserving history!
      jimb