twilight zone

  • majorshaw
    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 5, 2006
      have 6, mirror image, after hours, dead mans shoes, a hundred yards
      over the rim, a kind of stopwatch and dust. looking for more
    • Yogiraj
      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 12, 2006
        Did I unknowingly pluck any feathers? I am new here, and I only gave
        my opinion in order to participate in the group. Not to be quoted for
        every paragraph I write.

        We are talking within the relms of public domain right? If ALL public
        doomain were now to become illegal today, there would be such a
        devistating witch hunt; it would not even be funny.

        As far as my favorite artist, I personally are more likely to buy the
        full CD; any other artist, I buy the 99 cent downloads, cause I
        mostly only like a few songs from an album. I do this because I
        respect the fact that it is not public domain.

        but, if you feel that strongly about this issue (bast on the last
        post), why be involved in a group such as oldradioshowsonmp3? a place
        that shares, that which was copyrighted at one time? Because if
        that's the case, morally we should all be paying royalties for the
        billions of transfers, that have been taken place since day one, for
        what we associate now as public domain.

        Don't get me wrong, I write poetry, and I do understand the personal
        side of copyright; but I also know that it is possible for
        intellectual property to, can, and inevitably DO age out it's market
        value (depending on what it is). Our world is moving much too
        rapidly, and our attention span for works of the past, are very short
        (as a whole). Having said that, I doubt I would personally screem
        like a stuck pig, neiter would I use that analogy to discribe
        personal actions, neither is it part of my being.

        You know, All though Bill Gates developped DOS, in the late 70's... I
        don't think he would go through the trouble of sueing, a small group
        of people giving out copies of DOS,to other people cause they have no
        way of getting it otherwise. It maybe hard to believe but, there are
        people that still have old DOS machine's, and lost their operating
        systems. They ALL hold the original LICENSES, should they get
        prosecuted as well? Especially when bill gates no longer supports,
        produceses, nor sell DOS? What about programers who need to study old
        style programming from orginal DOS? Should the schools be sued and
        held reponsible, for a 20+ year old unsupported, and out dated
        software? After all, DOS, was part of HIS intellect.

        And it is common sense that feeling does not apply in law, but the
        reality is, "feeling" is what drives people to do or not to do;
        whether they have the legal awareness or not, regardless of what side
        of the fense yous stand.

        Yogiraj

        --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "jnagarya2"
        <jnagarya2@...> wrote:

> [...]