OLD TIME RADIO Giveway #245

  • Rick Roberts
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2006
      Ok..here we go new members...i free otr dvd for one of you...lots of
      shows on a dvd.

      Rules to get it are the same

      You must have 1000 or less shows....if you have won before then you
      have over 1000.

      You must email me privately at

      rickrob at sonet dot net

      First response gets it.

      Will post to the group when there is a winner.

      Best
      Sipseywilderness
    • Glen Zeigler

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3, 2006
          Glen Zeigler....Enjoy Glen.

          Best
          Sipsey

          --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Roberts"
          <rickrob@...> wrote:

          > Ok..here we go new members...i free otr dvd for one of you...lots
          of
          > shows on a dvd.
          >
          > Rules to get it are the same
          >
          > You must have 1000 or less shows....if you have won before then you
          > have over 1000.
          >
          > You must email me privately at
          >
          > rickrob at sonet dot net
          >
          > First response gets it.
          >
          > Will post to the group when there is a winner.
          >
          > Best
          > Sipseywilderness

        • Rick Roberts
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 3, 2006
            Hi

            Great question.....I can put you in touch with a great group...not
            mine but one I'm in that pools their money to buy just what you are
            talking about....shows that have never been encoded to mp3....from
            more or less the masters....email me and I'll give you the owners
            email address...if I'm not mistaken its a closed group...if not here
            is the link for you to try.

            Best
            Sipsey

            - In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Glen Zeigler
            <glen_zeigler@...> wrote:

            > Rick, I have been downloading a number of the western lone ranger,
            gunsmoke, hgwt and harry lime, mostly from mp3. Do you have any
            sources for original tapes or recordings. I have been very
            successful in cleaning alot of these up getting rid of the turntable
            rumble and other noise of the past including clicks and pops. Any
            idea where I can beg, borrow buy masters? glen

            > Rick Roberts <rickrob@...>
            wrote: Ok..here we
            go new members...i free otr dvd for one of you...lots of
            > shows on a dvd.
            >
            > Rules to get it are the same
            >
            > You must have 1000 or less shows....if you have won before then
            you
            > have over 1000.
            >
            > You must email me privately at
            >
            > rickrob at sonet dot net
            >
            > First response gets it.
            >
            > Will post to the group when there is a winner.
            >
            > Best
            > Sipseywilderness

          • Dwane
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 3, 2006
              Glen,
              If you're wanting high quality shows from transcription disks and
              you're willing to pay for them, I'd recommend you check out First
              Generation Radio Archives. They take show off of transcription disks
              and clean the sound up. Here's their website:

              http://www.radioarchives.org/

              I also noticed that they auction off transcription disks. Here's their
              page for that:

              http://www.radioarchives.org/DisksForSale.htm

              I've never gotten any of the CDs or transcription disks from the First
              Generation Radio Archives, so I'm not able to make a statement about
              thier quality. Maybe someone else in the group could comment about
              that.

              Hope that helps,
              Dwane