[OTRMP3] Re: Old Time Radio Theme Songs

  • Dale
    Message 1 of 7 , May 31, 2006
      No luck with my brother.

      I try to avoid refering to the following web site. However I see no
      other help coming forward in the group so... A seller on an auction
      site (no names) has two disks. Do a search for "THEMES, OPENINGS,
      INTRODUCTIONS, COMMERCIALS from Old Time Radio Broadcasts" click the
      box for Search title and description. i have used the seller over
      time, but I am not related nor do I get anything in exchange for this
      reference. the collection is 180 of the openings! There should be
      something to fit with your play.
      Dale

      PS EBay auctions is not my first choice, but not sure how else to help.

      --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "David and Susan Carroll"
      <dcarroll@...> wrote:

      > Thanks so much.... any help would be appreciated.... David

      radio theme music. 35+ years later I do not have it. It was sold along
      with a record of the War of the Worlds (Mercury Theater). I have not
      seen it transfered to cd or mp3. I will check and see if my brother
      got that record after my father died.

      > Dale
      >
      > woody_woodward <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Confused here.
      Are you seeking the names of theme music used in OTR
      > series? Or are you seeking actual recordings?
      >
      > Some names that come to mind are: Bob Hope, Thanks for the Memories.
      > Mercury Theater, Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto #1. Jack Benny, Love In
      > Bloom. Lone Ranger, Overture from William Tell. Green Hornet, Flight
      > of the Bumble Bee.
      >
      > Some OTR like The Halls of Ivy had original theme music. Other
      > programs had no theme music at all.

      > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "David" <dcarroll@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm currently playing rehearsing for the rold of Al Lewis in Neal
      > > Simon's The Sunshine Boys for a community theater group. We are in
      > > need of some old time radio theme songs for our intermissions... can
      > > anyone help me out???? David..
      > >

      > If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can
      easily unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:

      > But we'll miss you.

      > Old time radio
      show Old radio shows
      Radio program
      Podcasts
      Foul language

      Service.

      > If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can
      easily unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:

      > But we'll miss you.

      > Podcasts Foul language

      Service.

    • woody_woodward
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2006
        I don't actually have any resource for theme music, but you might get
        some ideas from this web site:

        http://www.old-time.com/themes.html

        If you do a web-search on the theme name you might find something
        available for download.
        <dcarroll@...> wrote:

        > I'm seeking actual recordings that we can use during intermissions.
        The play The Sunshine Boys is in two acts, however, due to the
        limited space we have on our stage we will be doing it in three acts.
        The director was hoping that I could locate some actual OTR theme
        music to play during the intermissions......

        Service.