Old commercials

  • orzobino
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2006
      dont you just love em..the jello, cigarettes, I heard one the other
      day for conserving rubber for the war effort..something like"if it
      snaps it could be a slap to the Japs!!" the liberals would be upset
      with that one nowadays....
    • Brian Dermody
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2006
        On the "Complete Day" set, there's a commercial that says "Give your
        children Pepsi-Cola, mother. It won't hurt them".

        Madison Avenue had a learning curve...

        Brian

        On 1/2/06, orzobino <orzobino@...> wrote:

        > dont you just love em..the jello, cigarettes, I heard one the other
        > day for conserving rubber for the war effort..something like"if it
        > snaps it could be a slap to the Japs!!" the liberals would be upset
        > with that one nowadays....
        >

        > If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can easily
        > unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:
        >
        > But we'll miss you.

      • eschinderman
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2006
          my fave are the old lux ads. demille actually goes so far in one as to read us a "letter from
          a viewer" who was in china and was put in a camp, but her box of lux lasted both years
          she was there, so that's all right.