[OTRMP3] Re: question

  • barryem
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 14, 2005
      --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Comodo Dragon
      <comododragon2003@y...> wrote:

      > I use binary news reaper 2(BNR2), this a free program and there are
      > builds for the three main platforms. Its easy to setup and can
      download
      > for several servers at once.

      I've never actually used any of the free clients. When I went from a
      shell account to a web account I bought Newsbin and I've been using it
      ever since. I suggested XNews because people have told me it's good
      and it's the only free one I could remember the name of.

      Barry
    • mike arendt
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 15, 2005
        there no polls here, how do you trade otr's?
      • ryanc1958
        Message 3 of 22 , Feb 1, 2006
          does any shows from the 1920's exist?
        • cliff_marsland
          Message 4 of 22 , Feb 2, 2006
            --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, ryanc1958 <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > do any shows from the 1920's exist?

            A smattering of shows, some special occasion broadcasts, and most
            famously some 1928-29 Amos & Andy. Some misc. musical syndicated
            shows too.

            Before the advent of lacquer instantaneous records in the mid-1930s,
            instantaneous recordings were crude uncoated aluminum. Recording was
            also expensive.

            I wish the Captain Post Mysteries of 1930 survived (same script as
            Adventures By Morse). There were a couple storylines not redone on
            ABM. Very ahead of its' time, compared to the generally crudely done
            shows of the early radio era.
          • dal3856
            Message 5 of 22 , Feb 2, 2006
              Download the free Defender version of Otter and the latest database
              and user manual. You can search the database by decade, year, month or
              day.

              http://64.119.173.247/~otterpro/Otter_index.htm

              dal3856

              Message 6 of 22 , Feb 2, 2006
                Otter is ok for casual looking, but I don't use it because many of the
                databases are so innacurate. ILAM, Michael SHayne, and The Smiths of
                Hollywood, for example, are completely wrong. And on Michael Shayne,
                not only are the sequences wrong, the dates are probably made up too.

                --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, dal3856 <no_reply@...> wrote:

                > Download the free Defender version of Otter and the latest database
                > and user manual. You can search the database by decade, year, month or
                > day.
                >
                > http://64.119.173.247/~otterpro/Otter_index.htm
                >
                > dal3856
                >
                > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, ryanc1958 <no_reply@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > does any shows from the 1920's exist?

              • arendt
                Message 7 of 22 , Feb 2, 2006
                  i have silent films too!

                • Robert M. Bratcher Jr.
                  Message 8 of 22 , Feb 5, 2006
                    At 03:19 PM 2/2/2006, you wrote:
                    >i have silent films too!

                    So do I both on DVD & film prints. Some in 8mm, some in super 8 & a
                    few in 16mm. Most of those don't have organ, piano or other music
                    tracks. In other words they are silent prints & I show them that way
                    with only the sound of the projector in the background....