Re: Glad To Be Aboard

  • dal3856
    Message 1 of 80 , Apr 4 6:58 PM
      I remember the show, and I vaguely remember seeing him when he came
      to the armory in our city around 1950. I believe he was part of a
      wrestling/entertainment promotion at the armory. Gene Stanley, Mr.
      America was there too.

      dal3856

      --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "aggreen1"
      <aggreen1@y...> wrote:

      > ***Does anyone remember "Bobby Benson's B-Bar-B Riders" program
      from
      > the late 1940s? I've never seen it listed on any of the OTR web
      sites.

      > Al
      >

      > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Gilbert"
      > <cgilbert11@p...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi, everyone! All my friends call me Gil. I know Joe Mackey on
      this
      > > group, but would like to meet some other OTR fans. I can
      remember,
      > as a
      > > kid, coming home from school, so that I could catch the latest
      > > adventure of "Terry And The Pirates", or "Tennessee Jed",
      or "Jack
      > > Armstrong-The All American Boy". My favorite program, however,
      > was "The
      > > Lone Ranger"...mostly because I love classical music, and this
      show
      > > used classical for the "interlude music", on the show. I found
      out
      > the
      > > names of most of these classical works, but it took many years
      > > discover that the "unknowns" were actually taken from the
      Republic
      > > Pictures music files...composed by such persons as Alberto
      Colombo,
      > Cy
      > > Fruer, Karl Hajos, and William Lava. I purchased Reg Jones'
      book
      > > called "The Mystery Of The Masked Man's Music", and also the CD
      put
      > out
      > > by James King...where he uses the actual tracks from the Ben
      > Bonnell
      > > arrangements. My favorite title, in this CD, is "Heavy Agitato",
      by
      > > Colombo. My second favorite is "Mechanical Montage", by Karl
      Hajos.

      > > Gil
    • Charles Gilbert
      Message 80 of 80 , Apr 9 10:33 AM
        Joe...didn't know I had stated it that way <g>. Wrong metaphor problem,
        I guess <g>. I meant the tubes in the TV were "burned out", and I went
        to the drugstore to get "good ones" <g>

        Gil

        --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Joe Mackey